Photo

Wok Box | Langford | 143 - 2401G Millstream Road

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bhatman

Bhatman
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

Anyone heard anything about the new Wok Box in Millstream Village??? Just wondering if it is worth checking out, everything I have heard so far was not good.

#2 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

I'll try it out next time im in the area and hungry. Im a big fan of the Noodle Box, so this should be a good comparison.

#3 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

Went there on the weekend. It takes a bit of time for them to make the food, but if you're used to the noddle box or bahn thai its pretty close to par with them. went there the night before just for a menu and the place was packed. I think the service will get a bit quicker as they get into a bit of a grove and get used to everything.

#4 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

I went to Wok Box tonight...really not impressed...

Staff knew nothing, very slow service, and medoicre food. I had the Spring Rolls and Pad Thai...Spring rolls would at best be one step above super store...and the Pad Thai, Boston Pizza makes a better one...I can't say that Wok Box will be anywhere near a regular on my eating out menu...

#5 Guyontheground

Guyontheground
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

I was at the wok box tonight, it was not impressive.. it definitely isn't going to be my first choice in the future.

very good description of the spring rolls btw, i wouldn't doubt they were bought at superstore.

Very SLOW service (waited 40 minutes for my $15.00 to go order)

apparently it's a franchise, i hope we don't see too many popping up

#6 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:11 AM

Can I ask why any of you went after the first bad review? There so many restaurants that are great that die because no one goes but here is a restaurant that started off with a bad review and yet I think more have tried it in a few days than any other restaurant. Just curious...

#7 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

Can I ask why any of you went after the first bad review? There so many restaurants that are great that die because no one goes but here is a restaurant that started off with a bad review and yet I think more have tried it in a few days than any other restaurant. Just curious...

Well yah, its real simple, a lot of people have different tastes and ideas of how food should taste, in my high school days I did some time in a few kitchens of a few local establishments and I understand some places, especially new can have some bad days (not that they should, but alas they do)...I'm a big fan of Noodle Box, but living on the Westshore, its really pointless in terms of cost etc to drive back into town to go for dinner at the Noodle Box there had only been one review period of the Wok Box before I went, and being a big fan of Noodle Box I thought I'd give them a shot, why not I live just down the road!...Alas if I want Noodle Box caliber food, I'll have to drive into town because Wok Box unless someone wants to take me out for dinner LOL I'm not going back...

#8 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

Not to mention the fact that people should give "just-opened" restaurants a bit of leeway before they find their groove. Inconsistency is a constant in a new restaurant. One experience can be terrible, while another can be great.

Besides, if everybody avoided a restaurant based on one bad review, nobody would be going anywhere.

#9 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

Sooooo,

Guyinthesky joins VV, shortly after Guyontheground joins.

GITS goes and eats noodles in langford, GOTG goes and eats noodles in langford.

I think somebody has a real life stalker (and yes, I'm jealous)

#10 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:24 AM

Sooooo,

Yeesh Zim...I'm wondering if you're stalking me! because I haven't posted a review yet!...although...i'm with GOTG and Marcat at this point...
Normally its the crane operator spying on people with the binoculars, are you sitting up there on Bear Mountain, watching me :P

#11 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

Sooooo,

Its funny that you mention that Zim because I saw a guy that kinda looked like the dude in GITS Avatar there with another dude last night, perhaps our illustrious Crane spotter GOTG..?! care to share gentleman?

#12 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

you're jealous Guyinthesky has a stalker with the tag of Guyontheground...you always strike me more of a dude into the ladies, are you saying you're jealous GITS has a male stalker?! :D :D :o

#13 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

Its funny that you mention that Zim because I saw a guy that kinda looked like the dude in GITS Avatar there with another dude last night, perhaps our illustrious Crane spotter GOTG..?! care to share gentleman?

Yeesh, my crane seems to be a stalker magnet, he wouldn't be the first one, and probably won't be the last (GOTG, you better not be a stalker of mine!)

Nah...I was there all by my lonesome last night, me myself and I...Although I was complaining to some guy about how long it was taking and chatting with another dude who had a awesome chopper parked out front. I had the pot stickers (and stick they did...) and the Vindaloo Curry...can't say I was overly impressed, I think the general reviews left so far more or less nail it on the head...

Zim...if you want a stalker or two, I could send one you're way, I've got enough of them these days!...I mean I wouldn't want the 2ND best looking VV member to feel left out :P

#14 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

I coulda sworn i saw GITS post.....

I'm loosin it...sorry

#15 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

Haha how twighlight zone

#16 Guyontheground

Guyontheground
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

i think i have a stalker, stop following me GITS

how did GITS get dragged into this one?

#17 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

The sauce they put on my noodles tasted like storebought but I'd still give some other things a try. It wasn't that bad.

#18 speedster

speedster
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:41 PM

If you look on the Wok Box website you'll see they have a franchise opportunity for "Cowitchan" on "Victoria Island". Any takers?

#19 Bhatman

Bhatman
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

You will also see that they are supposed to serve their food in 90 seconds, but mine took over 30 minutes haha

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

I've noticed bus ads for Wok Box. The only franchise location is way out in Langford so I haven't had the opportunity to try the place out yet.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users