Photo

[Langford] Langford Ridge | 1.3 million square feet of residential/commercial space | For sale

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

Region's largest master-planned development opportunity hits the market

http://victoria.citi...its-the-market/

Metropolitan Victoria's largest master-planned real-estate development opportunity is on the market for a cool $29,500,000.

Just days from the start of its marketing campaign the 51.56-acre Langford Ridge property, situated between Goldstream Avenue, Leigh Road and the Trans Canada Highway overlooking Langford Lake, has already attracted nationwide attention from developers, according to listing agent Ross Marshall of CBRE Victoria. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

Goodbye trees.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, it's all forested right now, for sure.

What's interesting though is how much density we'll be seeing here and elsewhere on the Westshore. 1.3+ million square feet is serious stuff. Just consider that 1515 Douglas is not even 300,000. And this is one property among many.

Across the lake Westhills will be building towers and an urban village centre, and at 899 McCallum the plan calls for a "downtown-like" development.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, it's all forested right now, for sure.

What's interesting though is how much density we'll be seeing here and elsewhere on the Westshore. 1.3+ million square feet is serious stuff. Just consider that 1515 Douglas is not even 300,000. And this is one property among many.

Across the lake Westhills will be building towers and an urban village centre, and at 899 McCallum the plan calls for a "downtown-like" development.

I'm all good with it but we need to get transit in this region fixed quickly.  This would be a perfect location to live in a condo if there was BRT out to there, at a minimum.  Otherwise this is just adding to the bottleneck.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Yes exactly, and as Langford densifies the business case for BRT will grow stronger.

Know it all.

#6 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

nagel, on 15 Feb 2016 - 2:24 PM, said:

Goodbye trees.

That's just what the Indians said when they built Fort Victoria.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#7 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

I'm glad Leigh Rd. is going to connect to the Westshore Parkway because it is a really mickey mouse intersection at Goldstream.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#8 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

Region's largest master-planned development opportunity hits the market

http://victoria.citi...its-the-market/

Metropolitan Victoria's largest master-planned real-estate development opportunity is on the market for a cool $29,500,000.

Just days from the start of its marketing campaign the 51.56-acre Langford Ridge property, situated between Goldstream Avenue, Leigh Road and the Trans Canada Highway overlooking Langford Lake, has already attracted nationwide attention from developers, according to listing agent Ross Marshall of CBRE Victoria. [Full article]

Don't know who wrote this headline but they should check their facts or be a little more accurate in their wording.. This is nowhere near the "Regions largest master-planned development  opportunity". It may be the largest that is for sale as a whole at this time but that's about it. Westhills and Bear Mountain are both far far larger than this  development.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

That's right, it's the largest on the market. All of the others are not for sale but this one is.

Know it all.

#10 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

That's right, it's the largest on the market. All of the others are not for sale but this one is.

Maybe, but rumours have that Bear Mountain could be had. Apparently a deal was in place last year but fell apart in the 11th hour. Just rumour of of course but at Bear Mountain one never knows. After all where is the huge tennis facility that was planned for 2015 plus the 73,000 sq. ft commercial area that was to be started in 2015. Always lots of rumours as I say.

#11 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

The tennis facility that got nimbyd with help from current and ex councillors?

#12 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:13 AM

So this is south of the highway, so soyub of South Skirt, and Bear Mountain. I have to wonder if the economics of such a large development will work here better (maybe, better access to retail).

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

For commercial tenants, absolutely. For residences on the southern slope of that property the views will be exceptional.

Know it all.

#14 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:00 AM

The tennis facility that got nimbyd with help from current and ex councillors?

Do tell? Don't know anything bout councillors. What would they care. Would it not just be another facility for the people of Langford (who wouldn't be paying for it?). Seems to  me like a win if it was built. 

#15 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:10 AM

Do tell? Don't know anything bout councillors. What would they care. Would it not just be another facility for the people of Langford (who wouldn't be paying for it?). Seems to  me like a win if it was built. 

Well when you said huge tennis facility and 2015 I assumed you meant the Saanich clay courts by Cedar Hill Golf Course.  I don't know anything about a Langford tennis project.

#16 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:40 AM

Well when you said huge tennis facility and 2015 I assumed you meant the Saanich clay courts by Cedar Hill Golf Course.  I don't know anything about a Langford tennis project.

There is a separate tennis project at Bear Mountain, where the last I heard they were building clay courts up by the golf course's driving range (8 clay courts & a tennis bubble).

Edit - they did announce the clay courts a while ago and I'm not sure anything has happened. I didn't know anything about this project until I saw the marketing up at the golf course.

The kiboshing of the Saanich clay courts was a travesty. It makes me so happy whenever I jog the Cedar Hill Golf Course trail when I see that too small softball field sitting empty (well other than the geese that poo all over the place, making the field pretty much unusable for anybody who doesn't like the idea of playing in ****).

Edited by jonny, 16 February 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#17 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

There is a separate tennis project at Bear Mountain, where the last I heard they were building clay courts up by the golf course's driving range (8 clay courts & a tennis bubble).

Edit - they did announce the clay courts a while ago and I'm not sure anything has happened. I didn't know anything about this project until I saw the marketing up at the golf course.

The kiboshing of the Saanich clay courts was a travesty. It makes me so happy whenever I jog the Cedar Hill Golf Course trail when I see that too small softball field sitting empty (well other than the geese that poo all over the place, making the field pretty much unusable for anybody who doesn't like the idea of playing in ****).

Yeah the death of the Saanich courts was very unfortunate.  It seems that project went up against some all-star NIMBY champions who know how to work the system.  I agree the field is just a total waste of space.

#18 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:29 PM

When this interchange and new stretch of highway is completed, will it be the most efficient way to get from downtown Victoria to Sooke?

#19 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

It probably will be. The only thing is that westshore parkway is 1 lane each way.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

Yes, it will be. Leigh Road will become the fastest way for Sooke travellers to get to downtown Victoria and from the highway to Sooke. Leigh will connect with Langford Pkwy, left to downtown Langford, right to Westhills and Westshore Pkwy.

• thundergun likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users