APPROVED
Roundhouse Marketplace
Use: commercial
Address: Esquimalt Road at Sitkum Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 1
Roundhouse Marketplace is the first phase of Bayview Place's Roundhouse neighbourhood. Comprised of commercial... (view full profile)
Learn more about Roundhouse Marketplace on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Roundhouse at Bayview Place | Condos; rentals; hotel; commercial | 2008 plan approved | 2020 plan proposed

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
1035 replies to this topic

#281 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

A store as small as H&M is a major draw in any mall or strip mall. It's all relative who is an anchor tenant based on what sort of retail atmosphere is being envisioned.

To be honest Vic West has been an area in transition for 25 years already. It's already blossomed in many ways, hence the hundreds of new condos that have recently appeared and the hundreds (thousands?) more in planning. Roundhouse will be just another piece of the massive puzzle following in the footsteps of Parc Residences, The Railyards, Upper Harbour Place, West Side Village, the first phases of Dockside, Bayview, BMW, not to mention the many hundreds of units that have already been built in the Songhees since 1990.

The area will remain a bad apple in the eyes of many but quite honestly those of us who live here love it.
  • AllseeingEye and kafkaesque like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#282 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

The area will remain a bad apple in the eyes of many but quite honestly those of us who live here love it.

Yeah but mostly a bad apple to the crew that probably hasn't venture out of the tweed curtain since 1993.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#283 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

Looks like something is storing materials on the property that have not been authorised by Bayview. There are a large variety of materials on the site, from a trailer to various vehicles to empty garbage containers.

"These goods have been left in this area without written permission from Roundhouse Properties Ltd. and will be removed and disposed of in accordance to the law."

Roundhouse-notice.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#284 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Reminds me of the 5 ton truck parked there for 3 years with a dead guys skeleton in the back of it.

#285 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

^^ ASE Do you mean West Shore or Westside Village?

Sorry G-man yes I meant Westside Village not West Shore. A couple of months late...like the response is worth something right? :thumbsup:

• G-Man likes this

#286 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Reminds me of the 5 ton truck parked there for 3 years with a dead guys skeleton in the back of it.

That was a van and it was parked across the street adjacent to the railroad tracks, wasn't it?

Know it all.

#287 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

It was parked in this area here with the Yellow Thumb tack

#288 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Ah, gotcha.

Know it all.

#289 Candarius

Candarius
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Looks like something is storing materials on the property that have not been authorised by Bayview. There are a large variety of materials on the site, from a trailer to various vehicles to empty garbage containers.

"These goods have been left in this area without written permission from Roundhouse Properties Ltd. and will be removed and disposed of in accordance to the law."

I seem to remember seeing that sign appear a few years back (2010 or 2011) when I used to walk that way to work. And yes, I do remember seeing it disappear after a while.

So I am highly amused to see it back!

#290 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

When is the first phase of the Roundhouse Project supposed to get underway? 2015? Can't wait for this.

• 2F2R likes this

#291 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

The latest info on the Roundhouse project's commercial spaces.

Commercial spaces in buildings will range between 1,145 square feet and 31,649 square feet (the latter for a grocer tenant). Boxcars will range between 400 and 500 square feet.

One boxcar will be used as a community arts/performance space.

Round-house-2.jpg

Roundhouse-3.jpg

Roundhouse-4.jpg

Roundhouse-1.jpg

• Baro, Nparker, 2F2R and 2 others like this

Know it all.

#292 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

Now let's get the residential components going or do we just want to see more "For Lease" signs sprouting up when businesses relocate from elsewhere to the RH development.

Edited by Nparker, 03 February 2015 - 04:29 PM.

• 2F2R likes this

#293 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

and so there's no misunderstanding, all that surface parking shown above will be built on at some point - http://www.vibrantvi...-Roundhouse.jpg

• Baro likes this

#294 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

As a huge train nerd I'm really loving this. Not only are they preserving the buildings but they're really running with the whole railway theme.  I hope this project is a success and the roundhouse becomes more than just some open space in front of a supermarket, if it all works out it could become a much needed hub for a rather lifeless neighbourhood.

• 2F2R and Mr Cook Street like this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#295 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

As a huge train nerd I am appalled that there appears to be no railway museum/steam train operations component and quite disappointed that the turntable will not be restored to working order.

• Nparker, 2F2R and dasmo like this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#296 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

As a huge train nerd I am appalled that there appears to be no railway museum/steam train operations component 

li-train-vs-pedestrian.jpg

Seriously though, I've operated that turntable, it seems it would be pretty easy to get it going.  But maybe it does not work for the stage planned.

Maybe the grocery store could have shopping carts styled like little trains.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#297 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

Here's a very detailed video rendition of Roundhouse in 2020. I'm amazed by the skills of the graphic artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qF01mJ6KSM

• Nparker and tedward like this

Know it all.

#298 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Those vegetables nearest the tracks must get a good smattering of diesel, grease, dirt, oil, and whatever else drips and drops from the undercarriage of those trains.  :lol:

Market train.jpg

Edited by Gary H, 04 February 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#299 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

We should be so lucky to have a bustling market and a running passenger train in 2020.

• Nparker, 2F2R, Matt R. and 1 other like this

#300 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

We should be so lucky to have a bustling market and a running passenger train in 2020.

Might end up looking something like that with the way our economy's been planned.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users