• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:37 PM

Anybody want to start a restaurant?

https://www.realtor....Columbia-V8W1S2

VHF, just to be clear, this is not Canoe Brewpub that is for sale is it?  Canoe is 450 Swift Street.  100-407 Swift seems to be Saltaire Lounge.

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:41 PM

VHF, just to be clear, this is not Canoe Brewpub that is for sale is it?  Canoe is 450 Swift Street.  100-407 Swift seems to be Saltaire Lounge.

Yup, that's it!  Just needed to find a convenient thread to drop this in.  The "Queen Mother" thread was locked.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Would it perchance be the same Queen Mother who spent a lot on ads here?*

*(inside joke)
  • Benezet likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#44 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Shame on you for locking a thread! 😃
  • VicHockeyFan and Benezet like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#45 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

Would it perchance be the same Queen Mother who spent a lot on ads here?*

*(inside joke)

Let the on-topic postings begin.*

*(another inside joke)

:-)

• sdwright.vic likes this

#46 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

^I must be on the inside for once!
  • Benezet likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#47 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

Interesting it's for sale, the owner just set it up as an event venue. Truffles is the contact for the food and drink services.

#48 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

It's been available for lease for a very long time. I guess the owners wants to get out of that losing proposition.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#49 Darren14

Darren14
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:11 AM

This makes me VERY excited. Craft beer market in Vancouver is amazing

Attached Images

• SmartSelect_20210112-110904_Twitter.jpg

#50 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:28 AM

^ This will be Craft's fourth location in BC (False Creek, English Bay, and Kelowna)

• jjmac likes this

#51 JohnsonStBridge

JohnsonStBridge
  • 342 posts
  • LocationInner Harbour

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:05 PM

Cool news. Curious if they will continue to run with the brewery operation or switch to a full on taphouse. Will be nice to see a new vision as in my opinion the beer has lost relevance since Sean Hoyne's departure and as many other new tasting rooms have opened up.

#52 Darren14

Darren14
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:07 PM

Cool news. Curious if they will continue to run with the brewery operation or switch to a full on taphouse. Will be nice to see a new vision as in my opinion the beer has lost relevance since Sean Hoyne's departure and as many other new tasting rooms have opened up.

Never been a fan of there beer, rather walk a block to Philips
  • JohnsonStBridge likes this

#53 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:16 PM

I imagine they will switch it over to contract brewing. Craft frequently does partnerships with breweries for exclusive beers, so I'd be on the look-out for "Craft x Phillips," "Craft x Hoyne," etc. in the future.

• Matt R. likes this

#54 JohnsonStBridge

JohnsonStBridge
  • 342 posts
  • LocationInner Harbour

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:55 PM

I wouldn't rule out a collaboration brew with other local breweries but that would assume there is still an in house brewery operation at Canoe. Presumably established breweries like Phillips or Hoyne would just brew on their own production line for a Craft exclusive line unless they are out of capacity. That said contract brewing would be a great opportunity for small players looking to test out a business plan without the capital outlay for a brewhouse.

#55 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:40 PM

More details:

https://vancouverisl...arket-1.5263787

#56 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,790 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:58 PM

ah quite frankly that's the way to make your money.  sit back and collect that money every month.

The building and land that the brewpub occupies will continue to be owned by Don Calveley, founder and owner of the Truffles Group – a Vancouver Island company that includes brands such as Cascadia Liquor, Truffles Catering, Victoria Butterfly Gardens and more.

Truffles Group will lease the building to CRAFT beginning this spring.

• Matt R. likes this

#57 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

I imagine they will switch it over to contract brewing. Craft frequently does partnerships with breweries for exclusive beers, so I'd be on the look-out for "Craft x Phillips," "Craft x Hoyne," etc. in the future.

To give Canoe credit, the first incarnation "Canoe Club" was one of the first handful of craft brewers in town.  Sadly, their equipment probably needs replacing as it is probably not up to the challenge. Although Sean Hoyne cut his teeth there, every brewer after him have failed (in my opinion) to produce an exceptional product.  I don't blame the brewers, i partially blame the equipment.

But, they do have one of the best patios in the city for outside drinking and dining as the sun stutters across the sky.

• Matt R., Redd42, Victoria Watcher and 1 other like this

#58 Darren14

Darren14
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:11 PM

Keep the Canoe name, but have the Craft Beer Market style of place?

I dream of 140 local beers on tap lol 

#59 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,790 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:39 PM

Bocce and beers could soon be a Victoria pastime after renovation plans for Canoe Brewpub including the proposed courts were passed by city council earlier this month.

The popular harbourfront pub was purchased by Craft Beer Market earlier this year, but has yet to undergo any transformations. Speaking in January, Craft Beer Market founder and president PJ L’Heureux said Canoe would be kept as is for the time being, but people could expect “significant renovations.”

https://www.vicnews....er-renovations/

Rendering there too.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 August 2021 - 04:40 PM.

#60 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,790 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 02:32 AM

Former Canoe pub set to open with new name and lots of beer

Calgary-based CRAFT Beer Market has completed months of renovation work at the historic City Lights Building on Swift Street on the Inner Harbour

https://www.timescol...of-beer-5829388

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 September 2022 - 02:32 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users