• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#21 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

Well one good thing about replacing the JS bridge is that hopefully a pathway will extend under the new bridge. Hopefully someone's talking about that.

That would be cool.

#22 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

So, I was looking up David Foster's first wife, and I came across this on Wiki. Pretty strange stuff, don't you think? Then I came upon this video. This is her and DF walking together. I forgot that this was their first hit, by the Victoria band SKYLARK:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LyKXW3ioY1Q

Foster was born in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. David's cousin, Billy Foster, died in a race car accident in 1967.

Foster has been married three times, has five biological daughters, and ex-stepdaughter, and two ex-stepsons. His first marriage was to singer/writer B.J. Cook. She already had a daughter Tamre Winger, and together B.J. Cook and Foster had one daughter, Amy Foster (b. July 29, 1973), a songwriter who has collaborated with classic artists in the 2000s such as Andrea Bocelli, Michael Bublé, and Josh Groban.

His second wife was former model Rebecca Dyer. They had three daughters: Sara Foster (b. August 24, 1981), Erin Foster (b. August 24, 1983), and Jordan Foster (b. September 1986).[10] As of May 2008, Sara was engaged to tennis player Tommy Haas.[11] Foster revealed on the show that he also had a daughter, Allison Jones (b. June 6, 1968), from a previous relationship.

Foster married third wife Linda Thompson on June 27, 1991, and the two became a songwriting team, collaborating on several songs including "You Raise Me Up" for Josh Groban and "Grownup Christmas List". Thompson filed for divorce Monday July 11, 2005, the day after her short-lived reality series, The Princes of Malibu premiered.[10] Thompson is the mother of Brody Jenner and Brandon Jenner) from her previous marriage to Bruce Jenner.

Foster's sister, producer Jaymes Foster, is the mother of Clay Aiken's son Parker Foster Aiken.[12]

In 1992 David Foster was driving down the Pacific Coast Highway when his car struck actor Ben Vereen, who had been on the road because he had crashed his car and was in a daze. Despite being thrown 90 feet, Vereen survived. He also went on record to say that it probably saved his life: he had a serious drinking problem caused by the death of his daughter.

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

David Foster has agreed to be the honorary chairman of the Mt. Doug (High School) Alumni Association. That'll be a big boost.

#24 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hopefully with the sale of the Northern Junk buildings the waterfront path can get extended past the bridge. There is no reason why a floating path couldn't extend under the bridge. A path could be made wide enough to accommodate a bike underpass to get safe access to the north side of the bridge.

#25 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

Once again thanks for the pics.
I walked there once. I came across a pile of used needles. Must have been about a hundred. I won't be walking around there again.

#26 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Luton is going to be introducing a motion so that if the CRD builds on the waterfront in the north Downtown area, they are going to have to preserve space for this walkway. This is a good thing.

#27 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

^It's great that Luton and Council will set that in stone but a walkway was always in the works all the way up to the Bay Street Bridge eventually so I'll hold off on his gold medal for the time being.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#28 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:06 AM

Good article on Foster here:

http://www.timescolo...6127/story.html
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#29 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

The Mayor has renamed the harbour walkway David Foster Way.

Victoria’s harbour walkway will now be known as David Foster Way.

“This is right up there with the birth of my children. This is much bigger than a Grammy,” Foster said at a special ceremony Friday afternoon on the Upper Causeway near the Fairmont Empress Hotel.

A crowd of about 200 passersby gathered on Government Street to watch the unveiling of a David Foster Way sign (the first of a promised series of such signs) and information panel erected at the corner of Belleville and Government streets.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz1vvfmKwRW
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#30 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

So does this mean that its completion will take less than 100 years now?

#31 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz1vvfmKwRW

Hope people don't get to upset about the money spent on :rolleyes:those signs....
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#32 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Damn. I thought that we were supposed to be selling off the naming rights to corporate sponsors for millions of dollars.

#33 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

LOL- David Foster doesn't know it but the bill is in the mail!
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

They raised about $111,000 on CFAX today for the Foster Foundation. I think Ken Mariash from Bayview gave them $20,000.

#35 phx

phx
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I am amused that Victoria is naming a sidewalk after a person from Saanich.

#36 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

I am amused that Victoria is naming a sidewalk after a person from Saanich.

Saanich already bungled their attempt to honour Foster.

#37 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Is that the best idea they could come up with? Was Foster asked if he wanted a walkway named after him?

Anything for a photo-op.

#38 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

Who the heck is David Foster? I got him mixed up with Norman Foster and thought someone important was coming to town.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#39 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

Who the heck is David Foster? I got him mixed up with Norman Foster and thought someone important was coming to town.

As a producer, I think what he does is not well-understood.... but he is the second-highest scoring producer in terms of Grammy awards won (16), second only to Quincy Jones (27).

http://en.wikipedia....y_Award_records

#40 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

At the event he was quoted talking about the plan for an Inner Harbour performing arts centre. This may have been why he pulled his name from the Cedar Hill project. He's thinking, why bother with a tiny suburban arts room when you can put your name behind a showcase Sydney Opera House-style performing arts multiplex?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users