Photo

David Foster Harbour Pathway | 2007 - ongoing

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#41 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

I am amused that Victoria is naming a sidewalk after a person from Saanich.

I think he lives in Shoal Point now. When not living in the States that is.

#42 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

He's thinking, why bother with a tiny suburban arts room when you can put your name behind a showcase Sydney Opera House-style performing arts multiplex?

One good reason: he might actually live to see the former.

#43 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I think he lives in Shoal Point now. When not living in the States that is.

He owns a VERY big condo at Shoal Point.

#44 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

The point is that David Foster has taken his success and wealth, and created a charity that caters to families in times of desperate need. He has raised so much money, and has helped so many with what he is doing. He deserves to be honoured by his native city. And yes, he doesn't go around saying he's from Saanich, rather from Victoria.
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#45 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

He has five biological daughters. What are the chances of that?

EDIT: About 3.125% I guess, so not that big a rarity.

This guy has 30 kids, and he's only 33:

As to how he ended up with 30 kids ranging from toddler age to 14 years old, Hatchett states it first started when he had four kids in the same year, not once, but twice.

http://www.memphisra...elp-from-state/

I'm hoping to get the new Tinto Rocks demo tape into Foster's hands this weekend.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#46 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

The point is that David Foster has taken his success and wealth, and created a charity that caters to families in times of desperate need. He has raised so much money, and has helped so many with what he is doing. He deserves to be honoured by his native city. And yes, he doesn't go around saying he's from Saanich, rather from Victoria.

We have named streets after people who have done far less for the City and others. I have never met David but he strikes me as a breath of fresh air. We have had people in town such as Ian Thow and Len Barrie who talked a lot but in the end wound up with nothing. David Foster seems to be a man whose actions have overtaken the talk.

#47 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

He owns a VERY big condo at Shoal Point.

I thought that he'd sold the condo. Also - the idea for naming the walkway came from Michael Buble, who phoned the Mayor to suggest it.
Pieta VanDyke

#48 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Ahh, good, now we can look forward to Buble Blvd.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#49 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Seems like a pretty decent guy, certainly better than some of the heinous people who have streets named after them!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#50 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

A nearby street could be renamed Ben Vereen Loop.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#51 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

:D

Just in from TC.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#52 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Pamela Anderson Rise?

#53 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

http://imageshack.us...3648/dfway1.jpg

http://imageshack.us...4497/dfway2.jpg

http://imageshack.us...5906/dfway3.jpg

http://imageshack.us...4033/dfway4.jpg

#54 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Above are some images from Skyscrapery City to inspire those designing David Foster Way. Do it right the first time please.

#55 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Any word of progress on the two small foot bridges that were being talked about...the one from Fisherman's Wharf, and the one near the Coast Harbourside?
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#56 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

"Inner Harbour plaza proposal would pave part of Victoria's legislature lawn"

The total cost to complete the walkway is between $33 million and $40 million, says a staff report to be considered by councillors Thursday.

#57 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

I guess we are flush with money again!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#58 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm all for spending a wad of cash to fix up some waterfront properties. But let's spend this instead at Ship Point and the attached parking lot and/or the other parking lot next over (under Wharfside).

I think we also need to know how often we can get this thing used. If it's just for the Splash, that's not very forward thinking.

#59 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think we also need to know how often we can get this thing used. If it's just for the Splash, that's not very forward thinking.

What is the city thinking? Rip out the lawn just for a couple of events a year, and spending $10 million dollars that we don't have.

#60 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I'm all for spending a wad of cash to fix up some waterfront properties. But let's spend this instead at Ship Point and the attached parking lot and/or the other parking lot next over (under Wharfside).

Yeah, it seems funny that they want to do major work on the only section of the harbour waterfront that really doesn't need any work at all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users