Non-City of Victoria projects with no threads

• Please log in to reply
1450 replies to this topic

#621 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

You mean on all of them ...none have downtown cores or CBD's

Not too worried about the others with their minuscule populations.

Colwood sort of has a central drag - not a true downtown though.  Look out, they're also going bike crazy.

#622 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

Sorry to break up the ashphalt vs concrete debate :)

867-Lampson-Street-Esquimalt-development-vacant-lot.jpg

Esquimalt eyes vacant green space for multi-family housing

http://victoria.citi...family-housing/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#623 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

Isn't vacant green space like a park or something?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#624 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

Really?

On the way into Victoria each Morning it is View Royal, Colwood and Saanich that have the congestion.

Langford had a plan in place for growth and road infrastructure long before you were born.

there were many lands set aside for future roads....roads that are being built right now.

Its ironic that you mention it because Langford is the only municipality that opened their arms and gave a warm embrace to big box stores....big box stores that people come to from many other surrounding municipalities. The commercial tax base help pay for roads and lights and sidewalks.

People like to say bad things about Langford but it seems that these bad words are coming from hypocrites who have no problem coming to Langford to shop and to live and to do business in. Jealousy will do that to people.

Langford has left all other municipalities in the dust.

I agree with you HB. I seldom go into Victoria proper unless it is to get an ice cream at the Beacon and go for little drive. Otherwise everything I need I can find in Westshore or Langford. I also think the Westhills development is great for young families, they can walk to many activities and the grocery store if they want. Or they can walk down and get a free bike to use and go for a bike ride down the trails.

• HB likes this

#625 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

But ...do they actually walk? Few people do any walking to grocery stores in Langford. Let's be honest here.

I'm out on the westshore more often these days on Citified business, and it's always congested and chock full of vehicles. Sidewalks are void of all but a few pedestrians. And not that there's anything wrong with that, but let's not pretend Langford is a pedestrians dream or whatnot.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#626 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:58 AM

We have always been in the core everywhere we have lived. I don't want to have to drive to buy a jug of milk.
  • Nparker likes this

#627 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:07 PM

But ...do they actually walk? Few people do any walking to grocery stores in Langford. Let's be honest here.

I'm out on the westshore more often these days on Citified business, and it's always congested and chock full of vehicles. Sidewalks are void of all but a few pedestrians. And not that there's anything wrong with that, but let's not pretend Langford is a pedestrians dream or whatnot.

Nobody mentioned a pedestrian dream, they could walk if they wanted to is all. If they choose not to, that is their choice, I'm OK with that as well. I wouldn't walk to a grocery store myself though.

#628 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

House moving slowly but steadily on to barge McNeill Bay, South Oak Bay.

#629 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

Garage:

IMG_0726.JPG

• Nparker likes this

#630 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

Every big box store in Langford has a much close location to the core except SuperStore and Costco.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#631 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

Where is the core in your opinion

#632 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

Victoria is the Core and Esquimalt, Saanich and Oak Bay are close to it (since all three touch it).

#633 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

Every big box store in Langford has a much close location to the core except SuperStore and Costco.

I dont understand what you are saying here. 

What stores are closer to which core?

Superstore and Costco are further away from what?

What about the other Big Boxes...Canadian Tire next to Superstore

Staples next to Costco..Home Depot next to Staples?

What are you trying to say here?

#634 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

What he's saying is other than Costco and SuperStore (however, that's not quite the case as Wholesale Club in Esquimalt sells many of the same goods) have counterparts in the region's core. Home Depot, Staples, Market on Yates, Wholesale Club, Canadian Tire, Mark's, Wal-Mart, Home Outfitters, Winners, etc, are duplicated elsewhere. And up until recently there was even a mini Rona in the core.
  • sdwright.vic likes this

Know it all.

#635 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

That's exactly what I am saying. You don't have to go to Langford to big box shop.

#636 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:56 AM

Ok I get it now..thanks .

#637 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

On my way to the amazing Wholesale Club yesterday, I spotted some construction on Wilson St (Esquimalt). Looks like they are building a Passive House duplex. Double-checked the website for the realtors, and both 406 and 408 Wilson are up for $845,000.

I apologize if anyone has already posted about this. I didn't see a dedicated thread, but I also can't figure out the search function, so I might have missed it.

• Mike K. and VicHockeyFan like this

#638 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

File_001 (75).jpeg File_002 (67).jpeg File_008 (10).jpeg File_005 (23).jpeg File_006 (25).jpeg File_000 (129).jpeg File_004 (32).jpeg File_003 (45).jpeg File_009 (3).jpeg File_007 (27).jpeg

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#639 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

Great photos VHF. I sure hope this doesn't just become a parking lot - at least not for more than a year.

#640 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

Great photos VHF. I sure hope this doesn't just become a parking lot - at least not for more than a year.

Can you swing by at your end-of-day and see if they have finished it off?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users