Photo

Non-City of Victoria projects with no threads

• Please log in to reply
1444 replies to this topic

#701 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

I didn't even know that office building had rooftop parking.

Capture.JPG

#702 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

Yeah... well it was a discussion about a daycare opening. So while off topic relavant until I got carried away. SO :P... go ahead off topic me buddy!
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#703 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

^^Yeah about another 20 spaces being lost... then the underground spaces as well in 6 months.

#704 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,727 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

Yeah... well it was a discussion about a daycare opening. So while off topic relevant until I got carried away. SO :P... go ahead off topic me buddy!

You're not off-topic, just in the wrong thread.

wrong thread.jpg

• sdwright.vic likes this

#705 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:22 AM

What are the underground spaces going to be used for?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#706 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

They didn't say. They have redeveloped that entire office building and it's for lease so whoever leases it?

#707 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

Gotcha. Thanks.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#708 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

http://www.saanichne...ousing-complex/

“We currently operate 130 suites and provide housing for 145 residents on our site of six acres,” said Hope.

She said board members operating Dawson Heights Housing commissioned the feasibility study in late 2016 because of growing concerns about the state of Saanich’s affordable housing supply.

“Long waiting lists for affordable housing have become a fact of life in Victoria,” she said. “Our own ever-lengthening waitlist for independent housing is a testament to this growing need.”

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#709 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

This one has been stalled for a while now. It was moving along nicely last summer, and then before Christmas I think it stalled out.

This Project is finally nearing completion and is listed at $2.4 mill for the whole building. Four townhouses and 1/2 commercial units. Here is the listing.

I think its only been about 9 or 10 years to get here. 

Attached Images

• 377196_1.jpg

#710 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

It's being actively worked on right now?

Know it all.

#711 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

Not sure about right this minute, but for the several months there has been a crew of maybe 3 guys working away, finishing up the exterior, building a fence in the parking area, and the interior has been finished up from the looks of the listing images. 

• Mike K. likes this

#712 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

I take it this proposal is going ahead now:

http://victoria.citi...02-atkins-road/

They are now listed on Re/Max

https://www.remax.ca...172962565-lst/ 

• Mike K. likes this

#713 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Thanks!

Know it all.

#714 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Don’t know if this has been posted already in another thread- - if so, I can’t spot it, and sorry if this is a repeat.

An older house in Oak Bay barged away on May 11 (at McNeill Bay), with video :

http://www.cheknews....ed-away-315928/

• Mike K. likes this

#715 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

Backhoe rescuing backhoe. The first one went over the bank when his brakes failed so they chained him to the other backhoe and eased him down the hill and then built a little road so that he could climb back up.SAM_0136.JPG

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#716 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

Or at least excavator rescuing excavator.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#717 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Another project we are working on in Sidney, their first no parking building. It is a stacked townhouse design with ground floor live/work. The building is conceived as two interlocking forms that intersect and weave together, represented by the white and grey volumes. The material palette takes inspiration from the near-by beaches, with the aged silver wood- siding, reminiscent of driftwood; the glass balcony guards, white panels, exposed concrete planters and natural clear stained wood screens, reflect colours and textures commonly found at the beach. 

Application just went through APC with an visit to Council for final vote in September of this year.

Thoughts?  :muching_out:

14QZjPo.jpg

q1knFJV.jpg

9GQUi4s.png

• jonny likes this

#718 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,727 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

I kinda like it.

#719 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

The incredibly run down V&J superlo foods on Esquimalt road which has been boarded up for a long time finally has a rezoning application sign up. I'd love to know what's planned for this site
  • thundergun likes this

#720 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,727 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

The incredibly run down V&J Super Low foods on Esquimalt Road which has been boarded up for a long time finally has a rezoning application sign up...

Burning it to the ground would be a good start.

Capture.JPG

The sloped lot along Head street offers some potential for a decent sized development.

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Better still if the crap shacks on two adjacent lots on Esquimalt were also part of a redevelopment.

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

• Rob Randall and RoadRunner like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users