UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tideline Lane at Royal Bay
Use: subdivision
Address: 360-374 Tideline Lane
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Tideline Line at Royal Bay is a collection of eight single-family-homes at the oceanside Royal Bay community i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Tideline Lane at Royal Bay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://royalbayhomesbysouthislandhometeam.com
Photo

[Colwood] Royal Bay & Beachlands | Subdivision

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#181 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

This is almost a little town going in. Does BC transit have plans to increase service to the area? Without good transit every resident of this development is going to be driving everywhere and joining the colwood crawl into town.

Yup one lane out on Metchosin Road get ready for the congestion. How many years before everyone who lives there is complaining about this, even though that's what they bought into.

#182 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

I can foresee a sea-based downtown connector sailing to/from Royal Bay.

Latoria will need to be improved and Veterans will serve as the primary link. It'll all get resolved.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#183 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

... in an earthquake zone, that I would want to be on a former gravel pit. Anybody else feel that way?

Good question. I would have assumed it was more stable as I thought they were quarrying rock. That was not the case?

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#184 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

According to this plan  quote "Even by 2038 at full build out, Latoria Road and Metchosin Road will not require widening to 4 lanes;". I question that conclusion but hey I'm just a lay man. 

• nagel likes this

#185 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

There's TONS of room along the Metchosin Road right-of-way for four lanes of traffic, bike lanes and sidewalks on both sides of the street.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#186 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

There's TONS of room along the Metchosin Road right-of-way for four lanes of traffic, bike lanes and sidewalks on both sides of the street.

Probably by the old gravel pit, but by that fire hall closer to town?  I bet the ROW is too tiny there.

#187 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:43 PM

Nope, it's wide all the way through to HWY 14. You can check it out on the CRD atlas. They knew what they were doing when they laid out that area.

Know it all.

#188 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

I'm not sure of the exact nature of the pit Tedward. I don't seem to recall huge rocks coming out of there though.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#189 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hazard1.JPG

Hazard2.JPG

http://www.empr.gov....es/default.aspx

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#190 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

The groundbreaking ceremony was held today. Check out this massive siteplan and take note of the urban node that will dominate much of the Metchosin Road frontage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX2cZH5Pamg

Know it all.

#191 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

More details here http://www.colwood.c...ercial-building

#192 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

Lots of river rock I see...

#193 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:01 AM

^^^ That's quite the project. I truly hope that the residents find employment in the West Shore. Otherwise, it will be a nasty commute.

#194 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

^^^ That's quite the project. I truly hope that the residents find employment in the West Shore. Otherwise, it will be a nasty commute.

Aren't they all going to take the ferry? ;)

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#195 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

Well I'm not as opposed to this sprawl project as I would normally be.  It seems conceptually they're trying to have a good mix of services as part of the project itself.  A decent grocery store, some cafes etc. could cut out lots of trips into town.  Let's hope they actually get this part up and running instead of leaving it in planning purgatory like the Roundhouse.

But at the end of the day this will be a few hundred more cars onto the Colwood crawl, so hopefully this leads to a park and ride + BRT combination from Juan de Fuca rec.

#196 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:14 PM

You've never ventured out of downtown hotels Ave you?

#197 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

They're making very quick progress on the first release of phase one, which is comprised of 28 homes. Info: http://victoria.citi...al-bay-phase-1/

Royal-Bay-phase-1-Gablecraft-June-08-2016a.jpg

Royal-Bay-phase-1-Gablecraft-June-08-2016b.jpg

Know it all.

#198 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:27 AM

Got an email for the pre-sale. Not much detail and I don't feel like actually signing up for an appointment but they claim prices between 500k and 600k.

#199 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

I really wish this area had been set aside for industrial development.   We need industrial land a lot more than residential and this site was ready made for a new industrial park

#200 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

...We need industrial land a lot more than residential...

Market forces would appear to suggest otherwise.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users