UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tideline Lane at Royal Bay
Use: subdivision
Address: 360-374 Tideline Lane
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Tideline Line at Royal Bay is a collection of eight single-family-homes at the oceanside Royal Bay community i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Tideline Lane at Royal Bay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://royalbayhomesbysouthislandhometeam.com
Photo

[Colwood] Royal Bay & Beachlands | Subdivision

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#241 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

Piece on Royal Bay starting on page 102

http://www.cbj.ca/EM.../Nov/CBJ.php#12

#242 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

i would be curious to know how much these homes are selling for. My wife and I are looking to buy in either the westshore or Esquimalt in a couple of years

Around 550 to 700k depending on lot/floorplan/options.  There is nearly 100k worth of options you can check off on any particular home.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#243 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:37 PM

There is nearly 100k worth of options you can check off on any particular home.

Generally speaking, do you find builder add-ons to be a good value for the homebuyer or are they a cash cow for the builder? 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#244 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

Generally speaking, do you find builder add-ons to be a good value for the homebuyer or are they a cash cow for the builder? 

Depends on the builder but generally mark-up for the builder.

#245 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

An additional block of housing is now a construction site and more sites are being prepped north of the existing homes.

November 28

Royal-Bay-phase-1-gablecraft-November-28-2016b.jpg

Royal-Bay-phase-1-gablecraft-November-28-2016c.jpg

Royal-Bay-phase-1-gablecraft-November-28-2016a.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#246 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

Those are some pretty small lots considering all that available land. I guess profit margins are tight even in Colwood. I am sure everything will sell quickly.

#247 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

Trees added to the landscaping, are there any that will become big (oak etc.?)

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#248 victoriassecret

victoriassecret
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

The first time in over 100 years the public will once again have access to the waterfront along the former gravel pit in Colwood.

As part of the Royal Bay community at Latoria Road and Metchosin Road, Royal Bay Beachpark will be opening this weekend, September 10th to the public.

An event is scheduled between noon and 5PM this Saturday, September 10th.

Finally made it to the park today. I didn't realize that the park is private property. Presumably it's owned by the developer. Anyone know what the deal is here?

#249 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

Yup, it's not a public park, but it's a public space made available by the developer.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#250 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

They would donate it if it was going to be park forever. Expect high end condos there twenty years from now....

#251 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

It'll be incorporated into a cohesive community in the years to come, which will include public seaside spaces. What they're going to eventually achieve there will be nothing short of incredible.

Know it all.

#252 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

January 11th

Royal-Bay-Gablecraft-January-11-2017a.jpg

Royal-Bay-Gablecraft-January-11-2017b.jpg

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#253 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

It'll be incorporated into a cohesive community in the years to come, which will include public seaside spaces. What they're going to eventually achieve there will be nothing short of incredible.

Will the community be run by any sort of a neighbourhood association or will control all be turned over to Colwood?

#254 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

That's a good question. I would imagine that planning and such will remain under the control of the developer, pretty much like Westhills has done. General concepts are proposed and receive approvals many phases into the future.

Know it all.

#255 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,185 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

From earlier in the month:

Royal-Bay-February-06-2017c.jpg

Royal-Bay-February-06-2017d.jpg

Royal-Bay-February-06-2017b.jpg

Royal-Bay-February-06-2017a.jpg

• sebberry likes this

Know it all.

#256 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:54 AM

I stopped by the sales centre and show homes yesterday afternoon. They released a batch of townhomes which front onto Latoria Blv. which are selling well. They have a couple lane way homes under construction still for sale in the mid 700s (depending on options). Their next phase, titled "phase 1E"  (of detached single family homes) is planned to be closer to Metchosin Road, so they won't have the ocean and city views. The sales staff said they expect these view-less properties to start in the mid-600s. I thought that number seemed a little low? Would you be surprised to see anything detached going for sub 700?

Edited by Mattjvd, 10 July 2017 - 04:55 AM.

#257 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

I stopped by the sales centre and show homes yesterday afternoon. They released a batch of townhomes which front onto Latoria Blv. which are selling well. They have a couple lane way homes under construction still for sale in the mid 700s (depending on options). Their next phase, titled "phase 1E"  (of detached single family homes) is planned to be closer to Metchosin Road, so they won't have the ocean and city views. The sales staff said they expect these view-less properties to start in the mid-600s. I thought that number seemed a little low? Would you be surprised to see anything detached going for sub 700?

Any idea on size? sub-700k would seem a tad low (within context of market) for 2,500 sq/ft with a double garage which appears they've started building closer to Metchosin.

#258 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Starting at ~1700 sq ft, up to ~2500

#259 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Starting at ~1700 sq ft, up to ~2500

Ahh okay....2,500 sq/ft plus upgrades will likely be pushing 800k.

#260 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

The front-garage collection now has floor plans up on the site. Starting in the mid 600k for their smallest floorplan (before options of course). I still think that is pretty good value for new construction that isn't too far away from the core.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users