UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tideline Lane at Royal Bay
Use: subdivision
Address: 360-374 Tideline Lane
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Tideline Line at Royal Bay is a collection of eight single-family-homes at the oceanside Royal Bay community i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Tideline Lane at Royal Bay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://royalbayhomesbysouthislandhometeam.com
Photo

[Colwood] Royal Bay & Beachlands | Subdivision

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#121 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

They appear to be selling at a solid clip thus far.

That's good to know. They must be priced right.

#122 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

That's good to know. They must be priced right.

For the location and lot sizes, I think the prices are a bit steep. Houses are available for similar prices with larger lots on the peninsula. Are the builds higher quality than standard developer builds or something?

#123 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

I would also add that the view is a big selling point. Perched well above the proposed Royal Bay subdivision some of these homes will have awesome views of the ocean, and many will at least have "a" view of the ocean from the upper floor. https://maps.google....,104.41,,1,5.02

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#124 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

For the location and lot sizes, I think the prices are a bit steep. Houses are available for similar prices with larger lots on the peninsula. Are the builds higher quality than standard developer builds or something?

There are new houses available on the peninsula? (Other than the development at the end of the airport runway).  

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#125 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

There are new houses available on the peninsula? (Other than the development at the end of the airport runway).  

No, of course I'm not talking about new houses. Age makes a difference, but land is the real value, is it not?

#126 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

All these units have suites built into them with their own entry opposite that of the main house. I assume they would be soundproofed pretty good as well.

• Mixed365 likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#127 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

Drove by this site on the weekend. What a vast area up for development!

If they stick with the contemporary feel that Parkside has and allow some architectural freedom, I have a feeling we could see some pretty nice houses.

Definitely on my radar.

• Mike K. likes this

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#128 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

Drove by this site on the weekend. What a vast area up for development!

If they stick with the contemporary feel that Parkside has and allow some architectural freedom, I have a feeling we could see some pretty nice houses.

Definitely on my radar.

Parkside isn't part of the Royal Bay development, just boarders it.

#129 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

Parkside isn't part of the Royal Bay development, just boarders it.

Who knew a development could rent a room with meals included... oh wait... you meant "border" as in boundary. Not "boarder" as in "room and board". :P

• Nparker likes this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#130 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

Isn't it technically part of the overall development but developed by a third party?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#131 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

Isn't it technically part of the overall development but developed by a third party?

I guess so as the road does come through phase #1 of the development.

#132 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Here is the vision for Royal Bay's urban village and watefront district. Approximately 90 acres of the 419 acre subdivision will be comprised of higher density residences and commercial spaces.

Royal-Bay-1.jpg

Royal-Bay-2.jpg

Royal-Bay-3.jpg

Royal-Bay-4.jpg

Royal-Bay-5.jpg

Royal-Bay-6.jpg

• sebberry and Danma like this

Know it all.

#133 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

If it were to actually happen, this would be pretty awesome. Can't say they lack ambition on this project...

#134 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

>>>If it were to actually happen, this would be pretty awesome<<<

Reminds me of the Colwood Corners project, it would have been pretty awesome ...

No one would like to see this go ahead more than me but I have become so doubtful about seeing completion of these large scale proposals.

I'm still holding out hope I will see the Wharf Street car parking lot's developed in my lifetime ... I've been hearing the proposals for that for about half a century. I'm just back from Puerto Vallarta, have you seen the people place in front of their downtown ... at night?

• Nparker likes this

#135 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

Royal Bay has some of the best views of Victoria...much different than the traditional pictures. You see the city, and on a clear day, Mt.Baker in the background. But, in an earthquake, I reckon that's about the last place I would want to be.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#136 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

How so? The site is on a gravel quarry. That's got to be pretty stable ground, no?

Know it all.

#137 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

I would think that gravel is a looser, more porous ground support. Would it not be more prone to liquefaction, than the parts of Victoria built on rock?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#138 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:33 AM

Seems to me the lower part is also a Tsunami risk?

#139 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

Crushed rock becomes gravel. I dont think the site is sitting on gravel.

Know it all.

#140 Mark2

Mark2
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

Does anyone know if individual lots will be offered for sale, so that one could use a builder of their choice?

Or is the developer only selling lots through approved builders, or doing all the SFD building themselves?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users