[Vic West] Victoria International Marina | Under construction

Infrastructure Commercial

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#1961 Bingo

Bingo
  • 14,211 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, eventually, but two weeks from now, I'm skeptical.

https://vimarina.ca/marina/services/

• 120-volt Single-phase Power – through one 100 amp and two 50 amp private centrally-metered outlets. Our largest slips offer 240-volt three-phase power through two 100 amp outlets. If you have a question on our power options or a custom need, please contact our Director of Operations.
  • Two Water Connections – provide you with some of the best drinking water in the world. The reservoir for Victoria’s water is fed by a pristine, protected watershed, which means our water supply is naturally clean and clear.
  • Automatic Suction Sanitary Sewer Connection – marina staff will ensure your yacht is directly connected to Victoria’s sanitary and storm water sewer services.

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance" - Socrates

#1962 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 46,810 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

What he means is, yes of course they will have that stuff eventually, but not likely in time for the yachts that are coming to park here this month.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 31 July 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#1963 Sparky

Sparky

Super Duper Moderator...one spark at a time

• 9,218 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

^^ Storm water connection?

I am going to have to call David Foster and ask him if his is equipped with gutters.

#1964 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 46,810 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

I think it just means with the cross connections we have it's kinda both.

That drinking water description seems like overkill too.

Maybe just trying to pad the brochure like we used to pad our school essays to get to the word count desired.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 31 July 2017 - 09:05 PM.

#1965 Bingo

Bingo
  • 14,211 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Storm water connections for...

Pollutants of Concern in CRD Harbours  https://www.crd.bc.c...cerns/pollution

The main pollutants of concern in the CRD harbours are summarized in the following table.

Harbour Main pollutants of concern Possible sources Victoria Harbour     Hydrocarbons (e.g. solvents, degreasers, lubricants, fuels) Recreational and commercial boats/ships; automobiles                                            

#1966 Bingo

Bingo
  • 14,211 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:52 PM

Today

IMG_7328.JPG

IMG_7330.JPG

#1967 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 46,810 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

Former MLB pro pitcher and Victoria guy Steve Sinclair is the new VP of operations.

#1968 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Former MLB pro pitcher and Victoria guy Steve Sinclair is the new VP of operations.

Steve was the manager of the Oak Bay Marina for most of my tenure with them, he also managed other marinas within the company if memory serves me. Probably just the right guy for the job!

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#1969 Kach

Kach

SteveK

• 235 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Steve was the manager of the Oak Bay Marina for most of my tenure with them, he also managed other marinas within the company if memory serves me. Probably just the right guy for the job!

Matt.

But more importantly, member of the 1988 BC Summer Games gold medal winning team in baseball.  

• Matt R. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users