• 20,650 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

Pic here:

#782 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

can't believe I just found about this yesterday -> http://www.victoria....nt-tracker.html

Has the blueprints to a lot of developments uploaded.

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#783 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:08 PM

can't believe I just found about this yesterday -> http://www.victoria....nt-tracker.html

Has the blueprints to a lot of developments uploaded.

....Nice find Marko. Can't say there appears to be much in the way of exciting or "vibrant" proposals there so far, but for those so inclined there sure is a whole lot of potentially exciting pot/dope retail outlets in the offing....

#784 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

...there sure is a whole lot of potentially exciting pot/dope retail outlets in the offing....

Uggghhhh! I noticed that as well. I sure do love that our city is spending so much time and resources licensing illegal storefront businesses.  :angry:

#785 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

I noticed today that around the former car lot at the corner of Johnson & Quadra the trees have been "wrapped" in the same orange protection mesh that surrounds the trees on Pandora adjacent to the bike lane project.

Johnson & Quadra.JPG

Since I have not heard that bikesteria have commandeered any of the vehicles lanes along Quadra, I am wondering if some sort of demolition work is going to take place at this site. "For Lease" signs still appear in some of the windows on the Quadra Street frontage.

#786 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Ya, the interior has been gutted.  It's all down to studs inside.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#787 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Ya, the interior has been gutted.  It's all down to studs inside.  

A prime location for redevelopment. I hope it doesn't sit as an empty lot for a long time.

#788 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

Maybe it could be leveled and they could put in a parking lot. 

• DavidSchell likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#789 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

A prime location for redevelopment. I hope it doesn't sit as an empty lot for a long time.

Agreed. Now that all those other condos are going up a block or two to the East, this space makes much more sense for redevelopment. It's a link between the traditional core downtown and the new neighbourhood of large building going up on Vancouver and Cook. 

• Nparker likes this

#790 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

Big time. The 800-block of Johnson is such an odd stretch. It's basically a ghost town. Only a handful of buildings actually have their entrances along the block. 1 condo (The 834), 1 office (Provincial Government building), 2 commercial (health food store and storage building), 2 dispensaries, and Central Care Home. The Atrium, Telus building, and Yates Centre all back onto Johnson. Not to mention the vacant lots and parking lots.

Chard's rental building going up will help, but adding a third residential building (not including CCH here) would really bring some much needed life to the block.

#791 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

^ So what do you do, build a condo and then try to sell it to Chinese investors before they find out what is next door?!

#792 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

Word on the street is the Chard tower may not even have an entrance on that side. The Advisory Design Panel did not like that it was to be a glassed amenity area, so the plan may have changed, but initially it wasn't to have had much of a street interaction, I don't think.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#793 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

^ So what do you do, build a condo and then try to sell it to Chinese investors before they find out what is next door?!

From what I've seen, condo sales at The 834 haven't skipped a beat. Maybe a slight price reduction for some, but it's largely business as usual.

The 834 Strata has done a very good job of keeping PHS honest, forcing them to to make a number of changes to CCH since it opened. It was really really bad at the start, but in the past few months it has gotten a lot better. I would argue that it's almost better now than when CCH was vacant and just a site for folks to pup up shop overnight. You still get the odd issue at The 834, but nothing like what it was.

• Nparker likes this

#794 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:04 AM

The Advisory Design Panel did not like that it was to be a glassed amenity area,

See, depending on how it might have looked I don't automatically agree with this. Windows (the kind that aren't papered over) are a lot better than nothing, even if there isn't an entrance in that spot with people coming and going. You've still got lights and eyes and life.

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#795 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

I noticed today that around the former car lot at the corner of Johnson & Quadra the trees have been "wrapped" in the same orange protection mesh that surrounds the trees on Pandora adjacent to the bike lane project.

Johnson & Quadra.JPG

Since I have not heard that bikesteria have commandeered any of the vehicles lanes along Quadra, I am wondering if some sort of demolition work is going to take place at this site. "For Lease" signs still appear in some of the windows on the Quadra Street frontage.

Something is brewing on this site. No details yet, though.

• Nparker likes this

#796 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

Something is brewing on this site. No details yet, though.

You seem to think its a distillery of some sort though...

• Nparker likes this

#797 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

I'd wager the building is coming down as there is an excavator on site.

#798 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

You seem to think its a distillery of some sort though...

Sorry, no pun intended. Likely residential, though.

#799 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Sorry, no pun intended. Likely residential, though.

Multi-storey (like more than 5 floors)?

• Rob Randall likes this

#800 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

A new 6-unit development - the Shafer on Southgate- is coming to Fairfield. Details at http://housesvictori...uthgate-street/

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users