That development isn't massive. It's been there for a long time.*

*new developments = massive; old developments = not massive

• Rob Randall likes this

#922 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Saw a rezoning sign on North Dairy Rd across the street from the western edge of Hillside Mall, somewhere around here. I couldn't see what it was, perhaps a new development though based on the amount of text on the sign, and it's not on the development tracker - does that often take a while to get updated?

So, north side of N Dairy Road? That would be Saanich. I think you're talking about Abstract's multi-family project. 56 units, the info is on Saanich's website [link] if you scroll down to 1586, 1588, 1592 North Dairy Rd

• Nparker and thundergun like this

#923 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

^ Thanks for that. Always forget where the property line changes around there. Looks like a much better use of that space.

I really wonder why areas adjacent to malls, and surrounding our university and colleges aren't zoned for higher density already. We wouldn't be in such a student housing crunch if private rentals buildings could develop along the major roads like Richmond Rd, Gordon Head Rd, Henderson/Foul Bay Rd, McKenzie Ave.

• Nparker and DavidSchell like this

#924 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

Ah, good work, guys.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#925 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

The Development Tracker shows a new proposal for a 31-unit development at the corner of North Park and Chambers. No info or renderings are posted yet; does anyone have info on this new development, which could become one of the larger Fernwood residential developments in recent years?

By the same token, I am unsure if there is a thread for the 6-storey proposal for the Johnson/Chambers corner, but updated plans were posted earlier this month on the Development Tracksr. See: https://tender.victo...710093917110000

#926 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

The Development Tracker shows a new proposal for a 31-unit development at the corner of North Park and Chambers. No info or renderings are posted yet; does anyone have info on this new development, which could become one of the larger Fernwood residential developments in recent years?

By the same token, I am unsure if there is a thread for the 6-storey proposal for the Johnson/Chambers corner, but updated plans were posted earlier this month on the Development Tracksr. See: https://tender.victo...710093917110000

And I just found out that the CotW is considering the 6-storey Johnson and Chambers proposal at this week's meeting (Thursday 25 May).  City staff are recommending the approval of the rezoning and development permit.

• Nparker likes this

#927 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

A few renderings of the Johnson/Chambers project:

JC1.JPG

JC2.jpg

• Mike K., Nparker, jonny and 1 other like this

#928 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

CoV has received a rezoning application for 821/823/825 Broughton Street. There's no info in the development tracker yet, not even what the proposed use is! Any clues?

#929 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Shut up! (That's the amicable "shut up!", not the abusive "shut up!")

Gussy up the ground floor back to something more glorious and put seven or eight new levels on top. I hope that's what it is.

• Nparker likes this

#930 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

CoV has received a rezoning application for 821/823/825 Broughton Street. There's no info in the development tracker yet, not even what the proposed use is! Any clues?

Probably another pot shop.

#931 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

^ I am confused... Google maps shows a recently updated heritage building? Our cancel will never allow something to happen to something like that!

Edited by sdwright.vic, 01 June 2017 - 05:31 AM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#932 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Probably another pot shop.

I assumed the same thing, but the fact that there are three addresses included gives me pause

#933 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

It's every street facing unit in that building, it looks like. I guess they may be requesting a rezoning to allow a specific tenant to move in?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#934 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

It's every street facing unit in that building...

A BIG pot shop.

#935 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

^ Daring to dream this is something other than a pot shop (even if it is a BIG one). How close is peak pot shop?

#936 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

Usually, but maybe I'm wrong, a rezoning for a pot shop is identified by the dev tracker as such. No?

Know it all.

#937 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

^ Typically the description would say "The City is considering a rezoning application to allow storefront cannabis retail." This application has no description, just, "The City is considering a rezoning application to."

#938 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:51 AM

^ Typically the description would say "The City is considering a rezoning application to allow storefront cannabis retail." This application has no description, just, "The City is considering a rezoning application to."

It's weird, no description at all.  :confused:

#939 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:43 AM

It's weird, no description at all.  :confused:

We have a description, and it makes no mention of pot shops! :banana:  "The City is considering a rezoning application to allow for a greater range of commercial uses."

• Nparker likes this

#940 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

^ The current zoning for 821-825 Broughton is "CHP-OB CATHEDRAL HILL PRECINCT OFFICE BUILDING DISTRICT," which permits only Office, Office Accessory, High Tech, and Call Centre uses.

• Rob Randall likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users