BUILT
Hudson Walk Two
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 755 Caledonia Ave
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Hudson Walk Two is a 15-storey mixed-use rental tower with a commercial ground floor. The building is situated... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Walk Two on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Walk | Rentals; commercial | Phase 1: 16-storeys | Built - completed in 2016 | Phase 2: 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2017

Office Commercial Rental

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

#1161 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hudson-District-brewpub.jpg

A proposal to open a brewpub at the base of a residential tower under construction on Blanshard Street at Caledonia Avenue is currently before the City of Victoria. The yet unnamed operator plans to accommodate upwards of 300 patrons in the facility, which is situated kitty-corner from the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre (pictured at-right).

Hudson District brewpub to open kitty-corner from arena by early 2018

http://victoria.citi...-by-early-2018/

• Nparker, 2F2R and ninethreeseven like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1162 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

They have been busy removing the black hoarding around at the corner of Blanshard and Caledonia today, and moving the portable offices from their to the other Hudson site this afternoon.

Driving by this morning it also looked like they were getting set to start the sidewalks along the Caledonia frontage.

#1163 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

They have been busy removing the black hoarding around at the corner of Blanshard and Caledonia today, and moving the portable offices from there to the other Hudson site this afternoon...

Time to start the development of Hudson Place!!!  :banana:

• 2F2R and DavidSchell like this

#1164 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Someone on reddit is reporting that the brewpub will be operated by Hoyne. The source is questionable but the scenario is certainly plausible. Worth sharing here anyways.
  • Matt R. likes this

#1165 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Someone on reddit is reporting that the brewpub will be operated by Hoyne. The source is questionable but the scenario is certainly plausible. Worth sharing here anyways.

Hoyne helped with a bit of design, but they ruled out operating it some time ago.

• shoeflack likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1166 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

I heard a different operator that does not currently sell beer in bottles as far as I am aware.

#1167 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

My guess is the people who run Irish Times and Bard & Banker. Been a while since they opened something new, and they must be pretty flush with cash given how busy those places are.

#1168 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

I heard a different operator that does not currently sell beer in bottles as far as I am aware.

Can you share more? As far as I can think, everyone that produces beer in town sells it bottles including smaller operations like Canoe, Swan's and Spinnakers.

#1169 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

The new plan would have the operator selling onsite in bottles and maybe cans, and also filling growlers.   But not selling product to be re-sold at other retailers or pubs.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1170 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Can you share more? As far as I can think, everyone that produces beer in town sells it bottles including smaller operations like Canoe, Swan's and Spinnakers.

I am fairly sure they don't produce beer at their establishment but TBH I have not been in there.

#1171 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Yates-Street-Taphouse-owners-to-open-brewpub-at-Hudson-District.jpg

The operators of downtown Victoria's Yates Street Taphouse have been confirmed as the publicans behind a proposal to bring a brewpub to The Hudson District. Pictured: Yates Street Taphouse bartender Caleb Burnham slides down a pint of Hoyne Pilsner.

Exclusive: Owners of Yates Street Taphouse confirmed as proponents behind brewpub and distillery near arena

http://victoria.citi...ery-near-arena/

The owners of downtown Victoria’s Yates Street Taphouse have been confirmed as the proponents behind a plan to open a brewpub and distillery at The Hudson District, Citified has learned.

The 7,000 square foot, 300-seat complex kitty-corner from the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre is envisioned by business partners and Yates Street Taphouse co-owners Dan Lau and Grant Turner for the base of Hudson Walk Two, a 15-storey purpose-built rental tower currently under construction in the 700-block of Caledonia Avenue at Blanshard Street.

Pending a successful municipal approvals process to officially sanction on-site liquor production, tenant improvements will begin this summer with the installation of state-of-the-art brewing and distilling equipment under the supervision of Victoria craft beer legend Paul Hoyne. [Full article]

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1172 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:14 PM

if they can't decide on a name they should just get the cheapest old electric sign they can find on usedvictoria or wherever & call it whatever the sign says. that's how the economy shoe shop got its name. i have a feeling that these guys don't need to dig an old sign out of the garbage though

edit: how about the wide load, that could be a good name for a pub that seats 300
http://www.usedvicto...ectric_28713445

Edited by amor de cosmos, 30 January 2017 - 05:20 PM.

#1173 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

if they can't decide on a name they should just get the cheapest old electric sign they can find on usedvictoria or wherever & call it whatever the sign says. that's how the economy shoe shop got its name. i have a feeling that these guys don't need to dig a cheap sign out of the garbage though

Or go with my idea.  Change the electronic sign daily.  Today it's Motlee Crew Brew Pub, the following days it's Sirc doo Solay brew-pub.

#1174 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

There's a Kokanee sign being auctioned tomorrow at Lund's but I doubt Mr. Hoyne would approve.

#1175 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,879 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Who the heck is Paul Hoyne?

Matt.

#1176 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

He has since changed his name to Sean.

Fake news!
  • Matt R. and johnk like this

Know it all.

#1177 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

There was a post on Reddit a few days ago naming Hoyne as the operator.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1178 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

i think he's one of the owners of lighthouse

#1179 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

No... he is the owner of Hoyne Brewing.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#1180 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,879 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

^ Paul Hoyne does not own Hoyne Brewing.

Matt.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users