BUILT
Hudson Walk Two
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 755 Caledonia Ave
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Hudson Walk Two is a 15-storey mixed-use rental tower with a commercial ground floor. The building is situated... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Walk Two on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Walk | Rentals; commercial | Phase 1: 16-storeys | Built - completed in 2016 | Phase 2: 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2017

Office Commercial Rental

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

#301 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

Are those not townhouses adjacent to the Carriageway

The DP application is seeking a variance for ground floor residential, yes those are townhomes along Caledonia with street entrances.  The grade is considerable along this stretch of Caledonia, so the design makes sense.

• Nparker and Mr Cook Street like this

#302 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

Will there be access to those units off Caledonia? The rendering isn't clear in that regard.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#303 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,717 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Does the application for the DP mean that construction on this site could start soon? I am not clear on this.

#304 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

Yes exactly. Once the DP is given construction can start immediately, but we're not sure when the working drawings will be completed (those are the technical drawings the construction guys need).

Judging by the fact that they've asked for 46 meters of height just to ensure the final design design cross the previously anticipated height (it was a little shorter) I think they haven't completed the working drawings.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#305 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,597 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

I think he means it is a positive.

Could not agree more, that JDB is yet another example (of many) in this town where the paranoia re: height directly correlates to the attitude of "well as long as it isn't tall, it's......fine". Even when it isn't and the design is in fact butt fugly. Refer to the original Songhees as another example of that type of convoluted Victoria mindset.

• Nparker likes this

#306 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

The Jack Davis Building rivals View Tower for the ugliest building in Victoria. It's just a big fat lego block that happens to be slightly pink to boot.

• Nparker likes this

#307 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,717 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

... It's just a big fat lego block that happens to be slightly pink to boot.

With garish cranberry red window frames.

• jonny likes this

#308 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

with its curved corners & glass blocks I think it look a bit streamline moderne. maybe it just needs to be painted black or something.

#309 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

There is a hole next door to it
Quick work with a few Cats could fill tbe hole with Jack Davis and start fresh

Edited by HB, 14 October 2014 - 12:29 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#310 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yes exactly. Once the DP is given construction can start immediately, but we're not sure when the working drawings will be completed (those are the technical drawings the construction guys need).

No, a DP just means they have submitted basic details/sketches of the building.  Once the DP is in hand then working drawings are completed and then a BP (building permit) is applied for and once approved and all codes are verified construction can begin.  You can apply for an excavation permit ahead of the general building permit to expedite the project, but in this case it won't mean much since the hole is 90% done

#311 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

Any idea of what Phase 2 would entail?

#312 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:11 AM

Ah, forgot about the BP.

Second phase appears quite a bit shorter going by the shadow studies in the document. Possibly similar to the initial sketch. As for use, not sure.

Know it all.

#313 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

Not sure if there is anything new here, it's before council this Thursday night:

https://victoria.civ...oured plans.PDF

12.png

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#314 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:53 AM

I like the South East View. It isn't tall by any means, but I like the style.

#315 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,717 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

Do we know if any more excavation will be required for the proposed 3 levels of underground parking?

#316 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

Do we know if any more excavation will be required for the proposed 3 levels of underground parking?

I don't think so, that hole is very deep already.  Maybe ask Rob Randall, I saw him helping dig it.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#317 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Will this be the first opportunity for the new Mayor and Council to “turndown / approve” a skyscraper in Victoria?

#318 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

>>>The Jack Davis Building rivals View Tower for the ugliest building in Victoria. It's just a big fat lego block that happens to be slightly pink to boot.<<<

When people make useless and negative posts like this, can we have a "don't like this" button beside the "like this" ... 

#319 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

Will this be the first opportunity for the new Mayor and Council to “turndown / approve” a skyscraper in Victoria?

When people make useless and negative posts like this, I wish we had a "don't like this" button.

Council really has no grounds to hold up this project, and there aren't very many chicken coops nearby so I don't think the NIMBY crowd will get too excited.

• Nparker likes this

#320 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

That path seems to be very wide in that pic. Will there be two lanes of vehicle access right through the middle of the block?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users