BUILT
Hudson Walk Two
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 755 Caledonia Ave
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Hudson Walk Two is a 15-storey mixed-use rental tower with a commercial ground floor. The building is situated... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Walk Two on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Walk | Rentals; commercial | Phase 1: 16-storeys | Built - completed in 2016 | Phase 2: 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2017

Office Commercial Rental

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

#701 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

Photos from August 19th

Attached Images

• aug 19 5.JPG
  • aug 19 6.JPG
  • aug 19 8.JPG

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#702 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

The Herald Street facade is starting to look like the renderings.  :)

#703 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

If that is called 2 storeys there it looks like adding another 14 floors and a roof with a mechanical room will be hard to do with the crane not looking likeit is tall enough

The crane doesnt look like the kind that can jack itself

#704 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

The crane doesn't look like the kind that can jack itself

It can, but only after dark, when no one else is around.

• seymour201, Dr. Barillas and nagel like this

#705 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

Hudson-District-August-20-2915.jpg

Townline outlines plan to situate brew pubs, breweries or distilleries at Hudson District

http://victoria.citi...udson-district/

Richmond-based Townline has outlined the details behind a rezoning application to obtain the rights to situate brew pubs, breweries or distilleries at it's Hudson District development in downtown Victoria.

A statement forwarded by Townline to Citified states the following:

[Townline has] had exploratory discussions with potential operators about the addition of a brew pub which would complement the Hudson District in becoming a hub for great food, drink and culture. Townline sees this use either occupying an existing space within the historic Hudson building or in one of the new projects currently under construction (Hudson Walk) or in the planning stage (Hudson Place). The first step is to ensure this is an appropriate use for the community and Townline is holding a Community and Land Use Committee (CALUC) meeting on September 8th at 7pm at the Victoria Public Market.

[Full article]

• Mr Cook Street likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#706 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

We got a thing from the city in the mail today about the brew pub.  Hope there's no serious opposition that delays it.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#707 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

...Hope there's no serious opposition that delays it.

You must be new to Victoria. ;) There is serious opposition to ANY sort of proposal or change.

• DavidSchell likes this

#708 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

We got a thing from the city in the mail today about the brew pub.  Hope there's no serious opposition that delays it.

If I owned in the building, I'd oppose it.  There is already a turnkey restaurant* in there.  I'd say that devil I know is better than the devil I don't (brewing smells, noise).

* that can easily open as a Bonanza, Fuddruckers, Chuck E. Cheese's or Mr. Mike's.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#709 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

If I owned in the building, I'd oppose it.  There is already a turnkey restaurant in there.  I'd say that devil I know is better than the devil I don't (smells, noise).

NIMBY!!!  ;)

Edited by Nparker, 24 August 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#710 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

Townline sees this use either occupying an existing space within the historic Hudson building or in one of the new projects currently under construction (Hudson Walk) or in the planning stage (Hudson Place).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#711 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

NIMBY!!!  ;)

The difference here is that's it in MY BUILDING, not next door.  I bought with a certain zoning of the building with permitted commercial uses I understood.  Now someone is trying to rezone MY property.  

Would you oppose a Tim Horton's tagged onto the end of your townhouse complex?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#712 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

Townline sees this use either occupying an existing space within the historic Hudson building or in one of the new projects currently under construction (Hudson Walk) or in the planning stage (Hudson Place).

But the rezoning they are trying for now is the original Hudson building.

#713 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

So you bought in a building that had on-site pulled pork being cooked all day and it bothers you that it's now going to smell like beer?

I know of no such demographic where one of those smells is enjoyed and the other is considered repulsive.

#714 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

So you bought in a building that had on-site pulled pork being cooked all day and it bothers you that it's now going to smell like beer?

I know of no such demographic where one of those smells is enjoyed and the other is considered repulsive.

To me brew pubs never smell like beer, they smell like some kinda raunchy grain or stewed hops.  If it smelled like the finished product beer, I'd be down.  I hate the smell in Canoe.

#715 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

The difference here is that's it in MY BUILDING, not next door.  I bought with a certain zoning of the building with permitted commercial uses I understood.  Now someone is trying to rezone MY property.  

Would you oppose a Tim Horton's tagged onto the end of your townhouse complex?

If it were at the opposite end and could be squeezed into the space between the last townhouse and the fence, sure.

#716 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

If it were at the opposite end and could be squeezed into the space between the last townhouse and the fence, sure.

What if they took the last two townhouses at the end, and converted them into the Timmies though, along with their 3 parking stalls?

#717 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, but it's not and you didn't.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#718 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

What if they took the last two townhouses at the end, and converted them into the Timmies though, along with their 3 parking stalls?

Nobody is planning on converting homes into a brewery, though, so your example doesn't apply.

With proper venting the impact to residents can be minimal. Victoria is not the first city in the world to consider incorporating a brewery or distillery among residences. There are ways of mitigating all sorts of odours.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#719 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, but it's not and you didn't.

I said I'd oppose if I was an owner in there, that's all.  As a non-owner, I'm not currently opposed.

#720 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

With proper venting the impact to residents can be minimal. Victoria is not the first city in the world to consider incorporating a brewery or distillery among residences. There are ways of mitigating all sorts of odours.

Agree on the odour.  But sometimes the mitigation does not work in the eyes of one party (the condo owner) but does in the eyes of the other party (the brewer), and odour is very hard to quantify to get to a resolution after the fact.  

What we have here is a pretty standard restaurant being converted into more of an industrial use.  If it's wildly successful (since they can ship product off-site), maybe it'll run around the clock with ingredient deliveries and product shipping at 5am.  Is the unit metered separately for water usage?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users