• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#461 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

Ahhh, but of course.

2.JPG

Is that a retaining wall going in to create some privacy/deck space for the new units?

Edited by Nparker, 30 April 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#462 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

Ahhh, but of course. Is that a retaining wall going in to create some privacy/deck space for the new units?

Yup.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#463 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

I went by this former Traveller's Inn on Douglas just south of Finlayson (https://goo.gl/maps/BpqC3) the other day. They've been cleaning it up for a while and it's looking like it might be a nicer cheap motel when it's all done. Not sure if there's a thread on that project.

#464 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

I went by this former Traveller's Inn on Douglas just south of Finlayson (https://goo.gl/maps/BpqC3) the other day. They've been cleaning it up for a while and it's looking like it might be a nicer cheap motel when it's all done. Not sure if there's a thread on that project.

I think they have a deal to rent that to international students of some type.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#465 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

Cannot find the Cspital City Centre Hotel thread. But word on the street is the shorter part with the restaurant is havimg a owners residence put on top of it.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#466 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:32 AM

I guess he wants to "retire in place"  He's nearly in his 80's.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#467 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

I think this was father Asfar's building.

https://www.realtor....Columbia-V8R2L8

New German Viessman Boiler (30yr Factory Warranty). The same family has owned the building for over 32yrs (1985); and due to long Probate & Estate issues - rents are under market value for character boutique suites in Oak Bay.

#468 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

Fire-damaged-Traveller's-Inn-Motel-turned-rental-complex-listed-for-sale-at-just-below-$20M.jpg Victoria Fire crews on-scene at 760 Queens Avenue in March of 2016. Damaged by fire, the 87-unit residential complex north of downtown Victoria was formally closed in 2018, according to sales records that show the property for sale at $18 million.

Fire damaged Traveller's Inn Motel-turned-rental complex listed for sale at just below $20M
https://victoria.cit...just-below-20m/

A former Traveller’s Inn Motel property damaged by fire in 2016 has been listed for sale by Victoria landlord and city council candidate Robin Kimpton.

Priced at $18 million, the half-acre lot at 760 Queens Avenue near Bay Street contains a four-storey motel complex-turned-affordable rental building with nearly 90-suites.

In 2017 just under $1.5 million in permits were pulled from the City of Victoria for restoration purposes, although it is not immediately clear whether the property was fully remediated or remains in need of repairs. According to sales documents the building was “closed without any income in 2018.”

“With respect to development, the property is in the direct line of fire for the expansion of downtown Victoria’s downtown core,” reads the listing description represented by real-estate agent Robert Brown. “Permitted uses in this zoning include, but are not limited to: transient accommodation, multiple dwellings, and business offices or professional offices as well as retail stores.” [Full article]

• jonny and Brantastic like this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#469 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

Unfortunately for us, we know that the City / Province will pay a premium for sites like this which hurts the taxpayer and rewards folks like Klimpton who are then encourage to let more of their properties remain derelict. 

• Nparker likes this

#470 HiramAbiff

HiramAbiff
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 03:19 PM

It seems the famous owner of the Travellers Inn Group has resurfaced in Swaziland, South Africa.

Following his bankruptcy in 2009 -2012 Asfar is now posing as a Canadian Billionaire, claiming to be owed USD 2.5 billion from Canada's Sun Life - a case dismissed by the Supreme Court already.

So now Asfar, the Bankrupt Hotelier is opening a Bank! Maybe.........

https://swazibridge....e/?iywtrre=fFev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users