BUILT
Mayfair Shopping Centre
Use: commercial
Address: 3147 Douglas Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 3
Mayfair Shopping Centre in the City of Victoria was expanded by 100,000 square feet in 2018 as part of a high-... (view full profile)
Learn more about Mayfair Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[Victoria] Mayfair Shopping Centre | Built in 1963 | Expansion completed in 2018

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#601 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:14 AM

The biggest advantage Mayfair has over Hillside is that is much easier to get to for most of the region.

• Mattjvd likes this

#602 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

Well, I guess Hillside is relatively difficult to get to ... except if you live in downtown Victoria, James Bay, Fairfield, Gonzales, Rockland, Jubilee, North Park, Oak Bay, UVic, Gordon Head, Oaklands, Fernwood, Cedar Hill, or High Quadra.

(Mayfair and Hillside are actually only a mile and a half apart, and it's a straight shot on Finlayson, less than 5 minutes away from each other)

• Nparker, tedward and Victoria Watcher like this

#603 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

Hey, that’s right! I never thought of it that way.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#604 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:08 PM

Yeah true I guess. But for a lot of the region you are basically going past Mayfair to get there. The closer one gets the visit more often I'd guess, and is certainly true for me and my family.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#605 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:46 AM

(I'll leave the crapper review of Hillside up to Sparky ... I'm only talking about the shopping end of things ... I'm not considering deposits, or places where deposits can safely be made).

The west crapper at Hillside at Hillside doesn't hold a candle to Mayfair's new one. (see what I did there?) There may be another one by the food court that I have yet to test drive. Stay tuned.

HMC.JPG

• Cassidy likes this

#606 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:53 AM

you might be more efficient at work sparky if you build a bathroom into your work car or truck.

• Sparky likes this

#607 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

Maybe we can get Sparky to do a series of reports, first on the Capital Regions malls, and then perhaps move over the city's assorted first class hotels?

I recall that Laurel Point Hotel has a particularly nice facility (although it may be getting a bit dated now?) ... there may be a real public need for a dedicated series of detailed reports on the regions best decorated customer-centric wazzers.

• Sparky, grantpalin and Victoria Watcher like this

#608 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:25 PM

Don’t we even have a bathrooms of Victoria discussion? This is a strangely (or not?) popular topic on this forum, lol.
  • Cassidy likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#609 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

http://vibrantvictor...surround/page-2

bathrooms thread

#610 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

So now we need to keep threads on topic?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#611 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:51 AM

Nope, this thread is fine. But we’ve got a bathroom thread, meaning the topic’s roots go deep!

Know it all.

#612 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

Anyone else find it outrageous that Mayfair closes at 6pm on Saturdays?

#613 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

Not especially; offhand the only time of year when I might - heavy on the might - be inclined to hit up a mall after 6pm on a Saturday would be Christmas. Even then I kick off my Christmas shopping in October so by December I'm typically and thankfully long done insofar as any pressing need to visit a mall or any other retail enterprise.

• tedward likes this

#614 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:18 PM

That’s pretty good. On the east coast Sunday shopping is still a dream in many areas (leaving Saturday to sole weekend day to partake in consumerism).

Know it all.

#615 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:12 PM

People still go to malls?  Neat.

I prefer to order from Amazon AND NEVER LEAVE MY HOUSE.  :D  

Not really, but malls... yeah.

I also work from home so I don't have to commute.  But no cabin fever here.  Nope.  :blink:

#616 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:32 PM

I personally like malls and shopping in stores but I like to try things on and see how they look.
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#617 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:45 PM

Not especially; offhand the only time of year when I might - heavy on the might - be inclined to hit up a mall after 6pm on a Saturday would be Christmas. Even then I kick off my Christmas shopping in October so by December I'm typically and thankfully long done insofar as any pressing need to visit a mall or any other retail enterprise.

Didn't mean for myself specifically, more in the sense that it's supposed to be the premier shopping destination for greater Victoria and it's closed at 6 on a Saturday..
  • AllseeingEye likes this

#618 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

Didn't mean for myself specifically, more in the sense that it's supposed to be the premier shopping destination for greater Victoria and it's closed at 6 on a Saturday..

That's an interesting point so just for S & G's I checked a few of the major malls in Vancouver and Mayfair it seems isn't too far out of line given its dated and limited nature (by comparison to the big Vancouver malls) and the fact that the market here is one seventh of what they serve.

Oakridge and Park Royal both close at 7pm on Saturday's, while Metrotown, the third largest mall in the country, is open to 9pm; not surprising given the huge geographic and broad demographic market the latter serves not to mention its central location relative to Greater Vancouver. They can probably stay open that late and still be wildly profitable. Mayfair as we know would be a tomb in comparison. It is also dwarfed in terms of size, Metrotown being 3.5x larger in square footage and offering up 450+ store/retail outlets. Mayfair has something like < 120.

Tsawwassen Mills is also open to 9pm, and again consider the market it serves - its basically the only game in town in Tsawwassen, White Rock and Ladner, it is much more contemporary than Mayfair and itself is nearly triple the size with - IMO - much more interesting and attractive retailers and a food court that must seat at least twice as many people as Mayfair. 

#619 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:11 PM

There's a BP application in for that new restaurant space on Douglas Street, but it's for a presentation centre. Womp womp.

#620 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

Could it be for this project?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users