CRD Recycling/garbage

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#61 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,147 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

Take it to the private dump off Keating X in Central Saanich. I can't remember what it's called but you can dump just about anything and it's by weight.

D&L Bins. My favorite Saturday afternoon adventure spot. Best dump on the planet.

#62 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

D&L Bins. My favorite Saturday afternoon adventure spot. Best dump on the planet.

You mean compared to Mars?

#63 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

We only have a small car. Much of the garbage is ruined carpet from our basement flood, which since it's been in our garage all winter, has likely  had rats crawling over it as they are rampant in Fairfield. It's all in bits, pieces and tatters so is probably a health hazard. Also broken chairs, vacuums that don't work, that sort of thing.

#64 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

We only have a small car. Much of the garbage is ruined carpet from our basement flood, which since it's been in our garage all winter, has likely  had rats crawling over it as they are rampant in Fairfield. It's all in bits, pieces and tatters so is probably a health hazard. Also broken chairs, vacuums that don't work, that sort of thing.

Sounds like I could get a lot more use out of your garage than you do.  Let's trade homes :)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#65 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

We only have a small car. Much of the garbage is ruined carpet from our basement flood, which since it's been in our garage all winter, has likely  had rats crawling over it as they are rampant in Fairfield.

It's all in bits, pieces and tatters so is probably a health hazard. Also broken chairs, vacuums that don't work, that sort of thing.

Tell me you aren't living at tent city.

#66 Langford Rat

Langford Rat
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:10 PM

...even if you're not living there...you could have dropped all that crap off there as a donation...I think broken chairs and vacuums that don't work were on their Facebook begging list.

#67 GabriolaGirl

GabriolaGirl
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

Someone here left an old couch out on the side of the road with a "free" sign on it, it didn't go, then they changed the sign to $50, was gone the next morning.

• Mike K. likes this

#68 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

We only have a small car. Much of the garbage is ruined carpet from our basement flood, which since it's been in our garage all winter, has likely had rats crawling over it as they are rampant in Fairfield. It's all in bits, pieces and tatters so is probably a health hazard. Also broken chairs, vacuums that don't work, that sort of thing.

Rent a Uhaul pickup for $20, load 'er up and head over to the Peninsula. You can dump all of that stuff.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#69 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

Tell me you aren't living at tent city.

hahaha! Nope, only have to walk by it twice a day. Ya, I know, we need to rent a truck or something. But hey, if those tenters are getting so much for free, why can't we have better garbage pickup like just about every other city in Canada? Why are we paying taxes? :confused:

#70 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

Homer Simpson wondered the same thing.

https://www.youtube....h?v=kpYVqZM4NnA

#71 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

Once your waste is picked up, we come to your home with our state-of-the-art cleaning vehicle. Your bins are then placed in an enclosed unit and exposed to high-pressure hot water cleaning. Waste water is then reclaimed in our unit. Once cleaned, both inside and out, an environmentally friendly, biodegradable deodorizer is placed inside and your bins are placed back where we found them.

Our system is 100% environmentally friendly and fully self-contained.  Additionally, all waste water will be disposed of safely at a locally approved treatment facility, so the chemicals we use cause no harm to the storm water system or environment in the way manual cleaning does. After the cleaning process, the hydraulic lift returns the container to the curbside where our technician will sanitize the inside and outside of your can(s) to ensure they are fresh, clean and ready to return to your property. Finally, we place an easily removable tag on the handle (no adhesives are used) to confirm that the container has been processed.

http://glts.ca/residential-pricing/

13043622_655548551253179_701956314463441

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:47 PM

Would you like to sort through garbage at the dump for about a week?  How about for $20 per hour?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#73 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

Would you like to sort through garbage at the dump for about a week?  How about for $20 per hour?

Why don't they just use volunteers?

#74 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

Why don't they just use volunteers?

Like the moderators here? Pretty much same job I guess.

• VicHockeyFan, sebberry, Jill and 1 other like this

#75 victoriassecret

victoriassecret
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:54 PM

Yeah sure "auditors". Probably more like food scraps inspectors. Watch out Victoria that piece of lettuce you threw out is going to cost you.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#76 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:17 PM

Wouldn't that be the perfect job for some of our local binners?

• todd likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#77 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

Best thing ever, Nanaimo named its new garbage trucks:

Trash-O-Saurus Rex and "Mommy"

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 04 October 2017 - 09:45 PM.

• todd likes this

#78 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

?

RenderedContent-069AF964-6E33-42B8-8A70-2D4DDD79304C.JPG

#79 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,738 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Sounds like someone needs to reduce their daily baking order.

• Matt R. and todd like this

#80 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Sounds like someone needs to reduce their daily baking order.

I don't blame them for not wanting to sell out (unlike Empire Donuts), and if that's like less than 10%, it seems reasonable.  But the landfill thing seems a bit strange.  I mean... it's bread.   Considering it's being thrown away because it's getting old, as in it has a pretty short life.  I can't believe it can not be used as a foodstock somehow.  Dog treats?

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 10 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users