Prime Steakhouse | Victoria | Courtney @ Gordon Street | Closed in 2012

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hopefully with a focus on seafood as there is nothing like that nearby!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#22 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

A partnership including the owners of Ferris's Oyster Bar have bought this space and will open a Mediterranean-style (Spanish/Italian) restaurant April 1. It will feature an upper outdoor patio space which the previous tenants never used.

You used to be able to sneak out there, but yes, they never had tables or service out there. There is a nice harbour view.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#23 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

I am told that one of the partners in this venture is the gentleman who recently replaced me at my old place of employment.

Matt.

#24 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

^ Nobody could ever replace you Matt. :)

#25 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Haha, apparently not.

I wonder what the deal was. The business, Prime, is obviously worth next to nothing, or literally nothing, but who owns the equipment? Does the hotel own that and include it in the lease for the space? If so, the barriers to entry on this space might be low. Legal fees, first and last months rent, basic startup costs.

The crew behind this operation are pro, though I hope the lease isn't too expensive!! Tough time to be in the restaurant business.

Matt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users