Photo

CTV - local, BC and national TV

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#21 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

That cartoon reminds me of this photo, featured in The Boston Globe, scenes from the recession...
PS: the caption says: "Unused newspaper racks clutter a storage yard in San Francisco, California on Friday, March 13, 2009. (AP Photo/Noah Berger)"

When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#22 mat

mat
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

off topic - but that photo by AP news photojourno Noah Berger is really good. He also took some of the incredible pics of the Oakland tanker fire which 'melted' that major overpass...one to watch.

#23 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:35 AM

*smacks seymour with a light pink fluffy slipper*

Non-relevant? pffffftttttt.....

*smacks seymour again with a light pink fluffy slipper*

Oh Boy Seymour! You are in for some learn'n!!!
Your mum-in-law and I are co-workers!
Rulers of the Fempire!
;)

#24 Sue Woods

Sue Woods
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

^Yes, CBC topped the chart last fall.

CBCV FM 12.1
CFAX 11.7
CIOC The Ocean 10.6
CKKQ The Q 10.2
CHBE KOOL FM 6.9
CJZN The ZONE 4.9
CHTT JACK FM 4.6

Thx. And where did you get these numbers. Is there a further breakdown of time slots, days of the week etc... I have often wondered if BBM made these avail on line somewhere.

#25 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

I actually like this new format.

I can turn on the TV actually get some news in the 10 minutes i have before heading out to work, 'A' morning always had some interview with Sally Smith and her all girl orchestra or some other non-relevant thing.

Couldn't agree more. I much prefer the new format to the old. No more pointless rambling or "witty" banter between hosts. I don't tune in for personality, I tune in for the news.

#26 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:58 AM

Oh Boy Seymour! You are in for some learn'n!!!
Your mum-in-law and I are co-workers!
Rulers of the Fempire!
;)

I'll remember to bring a helmet next time I visit her :rolleyes:

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

Did Maggie Cox replace someone at A?

She is new to me, and last time I looked that station was cutting people, not hiring more.

#28 mat

mat
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

Did Maggie Cox replace someone at A?

She is new to me, and last time I looked that station was cutting people, not hiring more.

Maggie Cox has been around since the summer. Not sure when she came onto the A-Channel staff.

#29 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

On the 11 pm news last night they did a story about some vandalism at the Kinsmen park washrooms. Some kids sprayed graffiti tags all over the place including one that was a web address leading to a page that prominently displayed a photo of three naked old men engaging in a certain act that you would not normally associate with older men.

So I commend /A\ News cameras for lingering over the address long enough so that everyone could type it into their computer to see what it was all about, in the process making for a legendary schoolboy prank.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#30 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

haha lemon party?! On one hand I hate pointless vandalism, but on the other hand tricking people into going to lemon party is often gold...

'

Was popular for people to make fake anti-obama signs and go to those ridiculous "tea-party" rallies to get the tea-partiers and other crazies to go to lemon party. It's a pretty popular meme on the internet(s)

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GO TO LEMONPARTY DOT ORG!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#31 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

The news-tidbits popping up on the CFAX morning show mentioned that the 'A' Channel networks would be rebranding as CTV2 soon...

#32 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

First it was the New Vi, then A, now CTV2, next will be ...?

#33 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

probably "For Lease" :(
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#34 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

The announcement was made today but the CTV Two identity won't be rolled out until fall.

First it was the New Vi, then A, now CTV2, next will be ...?

Actually it was the New VI, the VI, then A Channel, then A.

CTV 2 reminds me of CCCP 1 (ffwd to 2:00). Apparently, CCCP 2 didn't get the good Soviet minicam.

#35 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

Sounds like alphabet soup.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#36 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

The big thing will be the move to HD (with the exception of news broadcasts for the time being). I suppose HD cameras in the studio will be eventually phased in so on-air talent better start saving for botox. Advertisers need to be in HD. All programming will be in the 16:9 format although I don't know if that's already the case as I only have the old-style TV that even the homeless people don't pick up off the boulevards.

#37 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

The news-tidbits popping up on the CFAX morning show mentioned that the 'A' Channel networks would be rebranding as CTV2 soon...

That name sounds a bit hokey, but I have stuck with CHEK for years so it doesn't matter what they call themselves.

#38 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

CTV Lite?

#39 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

As long as it isn't anything "two dot oh".

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#40 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

Yet another blow to Victoria's pride. We're once again second tier, and subservient to all of the decisions coming from Vancouver and points east.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users