CTV - local, BC and national TV

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#41 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Yet another blow to Victoria's pride. We're once again second tier, and subservient to all of the decisions coming from Vancouver and points east.

There is a simple answer, time for the Republic of Vancouver Island! Time for freedom from the Eastern Media yoke!

#42 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Meanwhile CHEK just bought their building and seem to be doing better than ever.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#43 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

http://www.timescolo...6761/story.html
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#44 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

The CTV brand will surface on everything from vehicles and building signage to stationary and merchandise,

I'm glad the TC told me this because moving signage makes me dizzy.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz1WWXVZvxD
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#45 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

Yawn. What's in a name? Less local coverage for Victoria.

#46 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

People canoodle in Union Bay? Maybe, but not in the CTV newsroom.

Our very own Andrew and Astrid from CTV make the coveted news anchor blooper reel.

http://www.break.com...al-fast-2361451

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#47 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Almost forgot they still did newcasts. That was funny though.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#48 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Stephen Andrew has tweeted that he is no longer employed by CTV News VI or CFAX. No further detail provided, other than lawyers are (or will be) involved.

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Strange. On Friday I saw Stephen walking down the sidewalk with a glazed look in his eyes. It was like he was completely oblivious to everything going on around him.

A very highly respected reporter that will be missed if he does not find employment in other local media.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#50 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

This is Hudson Mack of CTV news. What in the world is happening here? (Photo posted to I Heart DT Facebook page).

Hudson Mack Deez Nuts.jpg

On the bottom of the sign the wording is "F*** you illegible illegible." Can anyone make it out?

Know it all.

#51 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

only sometimes

• Mike K. likes this

#52 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

There we have it.

"F*** you only sometimes."

Classy.

Know it all.

#53 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

It looks like it's inside a sports team hall, like maybe the one in James Bay

#54 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Right. It could also be the rugby club across the street from Mount Doug High School.

Know it all.

#55 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Right. It could also be the rugby club across the street from Mount Doug High School.

I think you are right; he lives down the street from my parents' old house near Mt. Tolmie so the Velox clubhouse is < 5 minute drive away. As I have some passing experience with that building from attending various celebrations there in the 70's and 80's that interior looks vaguely familiar....

#56 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 744 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

CTV Twitter feed.  Hudson Mack resigning today.

https://twitter.com/...1708032/photo/1

#57 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hudson Mack has "stepped down" from CTV Vancouver Island

http://www.timescolo...anchor-1.865521

Edit: I was beat to it!

CTV appears to be hemorrhaging talent lately.

Edited by sasamat, 24 February 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#58 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

This is major news as far as the local media industry is concerned. We should be paying attention to CHEK for info. They won't hold back with details I don't think.

I wonder, could those photos of him at that wrestling event have had some part in this? I highly, highly doubt it, but you never know.

Know it all.

#59 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

This is major news as far as the local media industry is concerned. We should be paying attention to CHEK for info. They won't hold back with details I don't think.

I wonder, could those photos of him at that wrestling event have had some part in this? I highly, highly doubt it, but you never know.

I think if he still wants to work in the industry we won't be out of work for long.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Hudson returned to CHEK.

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

My mum, a CTV news devotee, says she noticed a few weeks back that Hudson was no longer the news director (or a similar sounding position). Previously he had been listed in the newscast credits as such.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users