Photo

CTV - local, BC and national TV

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#121 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

Have not been able to get CTV videos online to play for some time on all three of my PC computers. I just get the white background and no video. I'm using Windows 10, 7 and Vista. No other websites have this kind of problem. I can't seem to figure it out.

Any ideas or anyone having similar problems?

I have had success by calling Mother Computers. They can often solve issues by talking you through it over the phone in a couple of minutes.

• todd likes this

#122 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:47 PM

Have you made a $250 donation to Bell Media?  That might grease wheels a bit.

No, but did open an email from CHEK around the same time.

• Mike K. likes this

#123 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

I'm surprised the two minutes of ads you have to endure before a 30-second news clip didn't play. ;)

Somehow when I have video problems on the CTV site, curiously there's no problem with the ad content.

• VicHockeyFan and Matt R. like this
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#124 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:17 AM

The wounded girl’s identity can’t be reported because of a publication ban, but the community is coming together to remember Latisha Reimer.

“Just a chance to acknowledge this is a tragedy that’s happened within the community of Abbotsford with our teenagers and we want to give them a space to process and grieve,” said Tyson Kiliem, Central Heights Church Pastor.

Another acquaintance of Klein’s at Lindsay Thurber Comprehensive High School said he didn’t think Klein was out of the ordinary.

Tanner McDougall says Klein was just another kid trying to fit in like everyone else, and part of that was trying the mild psychoactive drug salvia. A video surfaced of Klein trying the drug, and laughing with several friends who can be seen off-camera.

“It was a high school thing. Everyone was all about trying it,” McDougall said. “He was a generic, normal, nothing out of the ordinary, no red flags sort of kid.”

http://bc.ctvnews.ca...-news-1.3147870

There is a publican ban, but here is her name.

A video has people laughing off-camera, but somehow they can be seen.

It appears Klein was en route back to Alberta and staying in a homeless shelter when something happened. He went into a local liquor store, and then was arrested in Abbotsford Senior Secondary.

He went into a liquor store, then was arrested in a school.  Does not mention the murder and the attempted murder in between.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#125 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

The publication ban is for the wounded girl. The named girl is the one who was murdered. Your point about being seen off camera stands, however.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#126 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

The publication ban is for the wounded girl. The named girl is the one who was murdered. Your point about being seen off camera stands, however.

Oh ya, I read that wrong, my bad.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#127 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

Mira Laurence
1 min · 

They say change is the only constant in life. The world of traditional media is changing at a rapid pace - shifts continue to occur for survival. While there may no longer be a nightly sportscast at CTV Vancouver Island, I will always be proud to have played a part in helping to building an award winning sports department that served Vancouver Island with integrity and passion! I had a great mentor and BFF in Jason Pires and a talented teammate in Jordan Cunningham. Thanks boys for the memories! 
 Here's to a helluva run and a helluva lotta fun! #TheClubhouse

Not sure what this means...

#128 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

UPDATE:  There will be no 6pm CTV sportscast.

#129 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

What's happening to Mira?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#130 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

What's happening to Mira?

Well, nothing, she left the TV business over 2 years ago (November, 2014 she left CTV).

#131 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

Bruce Williams has been fired at CTV Vancouver Island.
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#132 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

What the hell is happening?

• Matt R. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#133 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,589 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Bell announced many of these cuts some time ago, the axe is just beginning to fall now.

No on-air talking head in either TV or radio is immune, and the more visibility and "name" you have, and higher the paycheck, the bigger the bulls-eye on your butt. All these traditional media platforms are bleeding (lost ad) revenue and can't figure out how to stem the flow.

#134 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

Just look at the the results from Facebook today and you can see the shift in ad revenue.   All that ad money went to traditional TV, Radio and print before, now all gone away, and may never come back.

Facebook is expected to generate about $29.71-billion in mobile ad revenue in 2017, according to research firm eMarketer, up about 35.2 per cent from 2016.

http://www.theglobea...rticle33865140/

#135 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Facebook is expected to generate about $29.71-billion in mobile ad revenue in 2017, according to research firm eMarketer, up about 35.2 per cent from 2016.

http://www.theglobea...rticle33865140/

That's disgusting.  Turn on your ad blockers!  (And whitelist VibrantVictoria, we really do run on peanuts :))

• Nostalgic Victoria likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#136 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

So Bell has made a decision that means that CTV Vancouver Island will show an NFL football game instead of the 5pm and 6pm newscasts locally here on Thursdays for the NFL season.

That's a bit of a gamble, I'd think.

FACEBOOK post not being embraced.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 14 September 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#137 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

^Wouldn't the game be simulcast on a Seattle station also?

#138 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

^Wouldn't the game be simulcast on a Seattle station also?

Yes, and they would also encounter simultaneous substitution to CTV Vancouver.  It just seems like an odd move in this market.

EDIT:  Oh, they might be using CTV VI to broadcast the game to the province, for those that do not have TSN.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 14 September 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#139 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

I doubt anyone tuning in for the news is going to say, "Oh, yay, a football game".

#140 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

I doubt anyone tuning in for the news is going to say, "Oh, yay, a football game".

Right, the risk is they go to CHEK and then stay there in the future.

• zoomer likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users