Photo

City of Victoria - 2014-2018 Mayor and Council General Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1722 replies to this topic

#1281 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

Have you all heard about the latest concerning Lisa Doesn't Help?

https://www.therebel...th_the_homeless

• A Girl is No one likes this

#1282 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

Don't know if this was posted on another thread here, but Comrade Isitt strikes again:

http://www.theprovin...9043/story.html

I first found out about the article over at VBCT under the headline "Victoria Councillor Ben Isitt aims to strip your property rights, override provincial strata rules" - and considering how he operates, no surprise there.  He's going to find himself out of a job at City Hall come next year's election.

• A Girl is No one likes this

#1283 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,734 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

...He's going to find himself out of a job at City Hall come next year's election.

If I only thought that were true. The pack of Russian Wolfhounds that salivate at his every word will eat this kind of thing up and beg for more.

• jonny and pennymurphy2000 like this

#1284 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:41 AM

Politicians like Isitt are elected by renters who see themselves somehow as victims who are unable to afford or purchase property in their chosen place of domicile. Electing politicians on the extreme left seems to make these folks feel more secure for some reason.

Generally a false premise, but renters tend to look for services that benefit them as renters, and have no real concern for how the City chooses to spend tax dollars (even though renters indirectly pay taxes through their rent).

In Victoria, both renters and property owners need to give their head a shake, take a drive down Pandora and then back up Johnson, think back to tent city, and look closely at where the City of Victoria currently is in terms of "success" ... and kick this current crop of inept communist sympathizers right out of City Hall, leaving them sitting on their duffs on the sidewalk in front of Centennial Square.

• Nparker, jonny, SimonH and 2 others like this

#1285 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,734 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

What do you suppose this will accomplish?

How would you invest up to $50,000 to improve life in Victoria?! If you have an idea for a project, initiative or event, now is the time to submit it to the Participatory Budgeting Steering Committee...

spend.JPG

http://www.victoria....ria-better.html

Would my suggestion of placing me on Council for a year for $50,000 (and removing a Councillor of my choice) be considered?

• rjag, pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#1286 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

no harm in asking.... ;-)

#1287 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,734 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

no harm in asking.... ;-)

It might appear gauche if I proposed this myself. Anyone want to do it for me?  ;)

#1288 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

It might appear gauche if I proposed this myself. Anyone want to do it for me?  ;)

Best way to do this is for you to identify as a 1 legged blind hermaphrodite self identifying as a pineapple. You'll get the job no probs

Edited by rjag, 16 August 2017 - 12:36 PM.

• Nparker, AllseeingEye, Midnightly and 1 other like this

#1289 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

Best way to do this is for you to identify as a 1 legged blind hermaphrodite self identifying as a pineapple. You'll get the job no probs

That's the problem with the Left and their "anything goes" way of thinking and being (particularly those who "identify" as whatever they feel like being on any given day, especially when doing so goes against all laws of logic, rationality and reality). Years ago, such people were locked up in looney bins for making such statements and acting on them. Now, ever since certain bleeding-heart SJWs in public office decided that locking them up was "cruel and inhuman", we have that type roaming our downtown streets and neighborhoods at will.

Edited by Nostalgic Victoria, 20 August 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#1290 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,734 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Another "vitally important" subject being tackled by your CoV Council

The City of Victoria is looking at restrictions on the planting of pollinating trees to alleviate reactions by people with allergies...

http://www.vicnews.c...lergy-flareups/

Personally, I am quite allergic to dry grass. Will Council ensure that all the green spaces for which they advocate (both public & private) are watered in summer to alleviate my suffering?

• VicHockeyFan, GaryRanson and rmpeers like this

#1291 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Personally, I am quite allergic to dry grass. Will Council ensure that all the green spaces for which they advocate (both public & private) are watered in summer to alleviate my suffering?

Kudos to them. Always laser-focused on the important issues. Leadership personified.
  • VicHockeyFan, Nparker, rjag and 1 other like this

#1292 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

I'm allergic to dandelions so let's make sure all the green spaces are regularly weeded, too

• Nparker likes this

#1293 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

I’m allergic to bee 🐝 stings how can my city help?

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 03 November 2017 - 03:45 PM.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1294 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

Sometimes, the things you say sarcastically come true.

Oh, what's next? The city is going to make it illegal to carry coffee in your left hand while crossing the road?

Oh, what's next? The city is going to make it illegal to juggle 5 oranges within 15 feet of a bus shelter?

Oh, what's next? The city is going to ban planting of pollenating trees near parks? 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1295 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,734 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

I’m allergic to bee stings how can my city help?

In theory, getting rid of pollinating trees should reduce the number of bees, so I guess your Council is already on this. Those fireside chats with Lisa have obviously been worth your while.

• VicHockeyFan and Love the rock like this

#1296 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

Testing with emoticons πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘‰πŸ€•πŸŽ­
  • Nparker and Matt R. like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1297 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

Holy moly. They work!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1298 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,734 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

Testing with emoticons πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘‰πŸ€•πŸŽ­

Holy moly. They work!

Will these be made available to mere peons like me?

#1299 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

Yes! But you need to use your phone.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.

#1300 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

and what about those allergic to peanuts? are we going to make all shopping areas, city sidewalks peanut free??

if you put less pollinating trees out there, it would mean less business for car washes

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users