BUILT
Turnberry
Use: subdivision
Address: Champions Court at Bear Mountain Parkway
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Turnberry is a two phase, 51 home subdivision at the Bear Mountain development in the municipality of Langford... (view full profile)
Learn more about Turnberry on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford + Highlands] Bear Mountain | 4,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
2177 replies to this topic

#21 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:51 PM

That'd be fantastic. Nothing better could come to the west shore than one of North America's premier developers. And who knows, they may be in the process of acquiring one of those rezoned sites or looking for a site to rezone.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#22 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

that's what I think....heck why wait two years for an 18 story aproval process when in the same market place, you can get 30 - 40 story condo aproval, in two months.

Dean needs to figure this out. His comment at the Falls public hearing really bothered me, when he said

"DON'T LET ANYONE OF YOU THINK, THAT BUILDING CONDO'S DOWNTOWN WILL HAVE ANY IMPACT ON BUILDING IN THE SUBURBS!"

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

There's a neat video on Soaring Peak's website showing the placement of the tower relative to BM and Victoria -- http://www.soaringpeaks.com

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:50 AM

As long as Soaring Pukes isn't visible from D/T, I won't lose it.
But please...if anybody knows the architects, please McFly their craniums for me.

#25 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

Woah, what the hell.
That video is trippy.

#26 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:33 PM

I don't know why...but this made me laugh so hard!!!! That's taller than any building downtown and its on a mountian top!!!!

#27 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

Approx. 2000 units planned for the very top of Skirt Mountain. Max height of the project is 8 stories if council gives approval. You will be able to these buildings from almost anywhere in the city. It goes to council soon.
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:49 AM

Are you referring to Bear Mountain atop Skirt Mountain?

Know it all.

#29 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:37 AM

This is the Bear Mountain news thread isn't it?

#30 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:22 PM

Yup, sure is, but unless you're referring to a new development then Bear Mountain has 3800 units approved and another 1500 are on the drawing board (pending the BM overpass) with towers up to 35-storeys.

Know it all.

#31 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:43 PM

actually the mayor said in the paper the other day that the current plan for bear mountian....before the overpass is considered is 5000 units. After which work on the back side of the mountain will be considered.

#32 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

Like I said, this hasn't gone to council yet. They are madly trying to finish designing the road to the new interchange but there have been a few problems with it. The reservoir system has to be completed as well. Len is still moving forward regardless of what Langford says about the moratorium. This way once the interchange is a go they can start building asap. They won't be 35 either from what I've been told, 8 stories max. I guess we'll see...

#33 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

I'm pretty sure the 8-storey height limit has been done away with for good. You may have missed news about these towers:

http://www.soaringpeaks.com

http://www.thehighlander.ca

But you're right, Len Barrie is indeed going ahead with plans and taking proposals to council to have them ready as soon as the interchange is constructed. The price tag is $35 million so that could be causing some of the ripples.

But I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "this hasn't gone to council yet." Are you talking about a subset of the project not having gone to council or the entire project still awaiting approval?

Know it all.

#34 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

I'm pretty sure the 8-storey height limit has been done away with for good. You may have missed news about these towers:

http://www.soaringpeaks.com

http://www.thehighlander.ca

These aren't on the top and are near the golf course. I wasn't talking about them.

I'm talking about something new and not approved yet!!!

#35 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

So an additional 2000 units on top of what is already being built...wow!!

Derf...regarding the taller condo's I don't know exactly where they are being planned. All I know is that on of the directors of the real estate board told me of the Edmonton Developers and the 30 - 35 story buildings being discussed after soaring peaks sells out. He said they have 5 planned so far.

#36 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:16 AM

These aren't on the top and are near the golf course. I wasn't talking about them.

I'm talking about something new and not approved yet!!!

There we go! Ok that clears it all up.

Scaper, that "Edmonton developer" bit worries me a little. If those future towers are similar to Soaring Peaks... :lol:

Know it all.

#37 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

two more glass towers are being planned on the very top of Bear Mountian both over 20 stories. they will be at the very peak of the mountian with a complete 360 degree panoramic view of everything.

Also there is another 14 story tower being planned on Bear Mountian off Hanington road.

#38 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

Oh, come on.

#39 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

This is getting really ridiculous.

I'm not going to believe any of this. It's all rumours. Once I see the plans and them breaking ground then I'll believe it.

#40 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

there is sales already going on for soaring peeks and the highlander. So this is proof that these will get built. These other buildings will too I had a lengthy discussion with someone from up there tonight. Also the sales office for Soaring peeks and the Highlander is on warf street with the models of the buildings.

This is not a joke. these are real buildings from wealthy developers. I will see if I can post the name of the developer.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users