BUILT
Turnberry
Use: subdivision
Address: Champions Court at Bear Mountain Parkway
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Turnberry is a two phase, 51 home subdivision at the Bear Mountain development in the municipality of Langford... (view full profile)
Learn more about Turnberry on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford + Highlands] Bear Mountain | 4,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
2175 replies to this topic

#1981 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

Hmm... not sure if that's my thing.

I would be happy if they put something in that lot on Player's Drive that was supposed to be condos. Maybe convert back to residential in absence of better ideas? :P

#1982 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

^I would like to see a whole bunch of townhouses on that site.

• Danma likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1983 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

Yesterday I rode my bike from one end of Bear Mountain Parkway to the other (and back). Looking forward to the side path being paved, as there's no shoulder (let alone a bike lane) on the new road. I pulled off when I heard cars coming up behind me.

I think it's noticeably steeper than the "old" side, though, curious to see how bad it'll be if there's ice or snow on it... 

• SgtNeonPanda likes this

#1984 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

The Bear Mountain hotel has been sold, just the hotel as I understand it.

#1985 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

Are you able to relay to whom?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1986 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:23 AM

Langford's Westin Bear Mountain Resort hotel sold to Vancouver businessman

https://victoria.cit...er-businessman/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1987 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:09 AM

225-child daycare facility proposed for West Shore's Bear Mountain and South Skirt Mountain communities

Know it all.

#1988 Jehcoh

Jehcoh
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 09:25 AM

Elevate is finally starting construction and will take 24 months. They will first be getting rid of the current foundation and rebuilding it all.

I wonder what the building plan is going to be like, anyone know? Is it still 13 storeys? What's the exterior going to look like? I recall reading a long time ago that Langford was forcing the plan to change from the original one, but I can't find that anywhere.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1989 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:44 AM

Ah, great stuff. We now have a thread for the project at: https://vibrantvicto...dos-13-storeys/

I'm sure many have been awaiting this news after having that shell of a building looming over the neighbourhood since 2009.

Know it all.

#1990 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 08:53 PM

It actually didn't loom much, from the golf course side you barely notice it. It was better when the crane was up and free swinging, made a great wind gauge.

#1991 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 07:17 AM

Oh yeah! I forgot about the crane. That was up for a while, wasn’t it? Like several years I think.

Know it all.

#1992 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:45 PM

$1,295,000

2060 Pinehurst Terr

An incredible opportunity to build at Pinehurst, Bear Mountains' newest gated community. This building site offers an exclusive private location with a dramatic entry to over 30,000sqft to build your estate. Bordering Goldstream Provincial Park this location is truly majestic with stunning viewscapes. Minutes from Bear Mountain Resort village, The Westin Golf Resort and Spa, hiking and biking trails and 20 minutes to downtown Victoria, you can't beat this location.Don't miss the most coveted lot at Bear Mountain! GOLF MEMBERSHIP INCLUDED

https://www.realtor....d-bear-mountain

gated community?  as far as i know arbutus ridge is canada's only gated community.  unless you count those townhomes on 10-mile point and those on cedar hill x rd. across from uvic.

https://www.google.c...!7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.c...!7i13312!8i6656

875365_1.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 12 May 2021 - 02:55 PM.

#1993 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:04 PM

Oh, that's gonna be gated? Lame.

• JohnsonStBridge likes this

#1994 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:15 PM

I took a drive through Bear Mountain and what a change.  I stopped and looked at some of the houses on that street and spoke to someone that had just bought one.  He said the pricing was $2M+

#1995 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:23 PM

I took a drive through Bear Mountain and what a change.  I stopped and looked at some of the houses on that street and spoke to someone that had just bought one.  He said the pricing was $2M+

The amount of construction around these parts is absurd. The entire south slope, all the work around Millstream and BMP (including All Fun), the construction along McCallum Road past Costco... it's a lot.

#1996 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:51 PM

^ And the infrastructure to support that additional people ....

#1997 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:11 PM

The amount of construction around these parts is absurd. The entire south slope, all the work around Millstream and BMP (including All Fun), the construction along McCallum Road past Costco... it's a lot.

Yep. I'm not sure which project is bigger at this point. Bear Mountain area or Royal Bay. Both are massive, massive construction sites.

#1998 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:34 PM

gated community?  as far as i know arbutus ridge is canada's only gated community.  unless you count those townhomes on 10-mile point and those on cedar hill x rd. across from uvic.

Gated neighbourhood might be a better description, there are at least four other gated "neighbourhoods" on Bear Mountain

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1999 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 12:33 PM

Gated neighbourhood might be a better description, there are at least four other gated "neighbourhoods" on Bear Mountain

That's probably a better description. There's a few right at the top like this with 8-15 houses and a gate. I sure hope the city doesn't maintain that road with taxes if they have gates on them.

#2000 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:09 PM

It would likely be strata titled, would it not? That would make it a private road with private maintenance.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users