BUILT
Turnberry
Use: subdivision
Address: Champions Court at Bear Mountain Parkway
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Turnberry is a two phase, 51 home subdivision at the Bear Mountain development in the municipality of Langford... (view full profile)
Learn more about Turnberry on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford + Highlands] Bear Mountain | 4,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
2175 replies to this topic

#2061 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 06:03 AM

But would you not miss all the vibrant street life on Pandora or Government Street.

#2062 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 07:55 PM

Your new back yard is sure to attract your friends and family 

And a free supply of golf balls!

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#2063 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 11 July 2022 - 12:13 PM

Bear Mountain developers seek less, not more, density at development site near resort’s village centre

https://victoria.cit...village-centre/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2064 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,280 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 02:57 AM

This house has its own "9 hole" par 3 "course".

https://www.realtor....d-bear-mountain

923855_19.jpg

923855_48.jpg

923855_41.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 February 2023 - 03:13 AM.

#2065 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 03:15 AM

Do you take all 9 of your tee shots, then go down and finish each one up?  You'd probably need 9 different coloured balls to keep track.  Or 36 different colours if you are playing in a foursome.  But then 36 balls in play on one green will lead to all kinds of conflict.

It's also a bit of a rare approach, elevated wedge shot.  I'm not sure this will help you become better at your normal course game.  Not a lot of room there on the back side to over-run the green.  

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 February 2023 - 03:19 AM.

#2066 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 03:24 AM

Oh I see, the actual course plays right down behind the property.

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.02.20-06_22_59.png

#2067 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 08:06 PM

This house has its own "9 hole" par 3 "course".

Those that play the game call that a practice putting green.

A friend of mine owns that house, unfortunately for him, he also owned a place in Fort Myers that received some pretty severe damage from last years storm.

#2068 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 707 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:42 AM

I've heard rumors that the trail access to My Finlayson Park from Bear Mountain has been closed to the public, and Ecoasia is now changing $45 entry to non Bear Mountain residents.

#2069 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 07:48 PM

I've heard rumors that the trail access to My Finlayson Park from Bear Mountain has been closed to the public, and Ecoasia is now changing $45 entry to non Bear Mountain residents.

That story is going around, but apparently Ecoasis just wants to make sure you sign a waiver before you trek out on private trails.

#2070 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 09:25 AM

That story is going around, but apparently Ecoasis just wants to make sure you sign a waiver before you trek out on private trails.

Then what's with the $45? People I know offered to sign the waiver this weekend, but no deal.

#2071 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 09:26 AM

A bunch of people excited on Reddit. No actual facts.

#2072 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 29 May 2023 - 01:00 PM

Is there a way that we can contribute $45.00 to keep all the Bear Mountain people up there?

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#2073 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:06 PM

A bunch of people excited on Reddit. No actual facts.

All I can say that a group of three people, that included a family member, attempted to take the trail that runs from just outside the Rec Centre to Mt Fin. They were stopped there by staff who told them they needed to pay $45 for the day pass to access the trail. My family member was able to get a wristband based on our address but the other two people were not permitted to use the trail. The staff eventually relented but were apparently kind of rude about the whole thing.

• GaryOak likes this

#2074 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:46 PM

I'll add that the $45 is the day pass for the whole facility, which includes the outdoor pool, weight rooms, etc. but to require that for using a short trail to access the CRD trail feels very much like a money grab.

#2075 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 08:33 PM

I'll add that the $45 is the day pass for the whole facility, which includes the outdoor pool, weight rooms, etc. but to require that for using a short trail to access the CRD trail feels very much like a money grab.

If you are going up Finlayson you can go through Goldstream for free, the other trails are on private property.

#2076 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 08:39 PM

If you are going up Finlayson you can go through Goldstream for free, the other trails are on private property.

Ya, that's the thing, take the other route.

Mount Finlayson is one of the best hikes to do if you’re looking for a heart-pounding cardio workout—the steep elevation forces you to get on all four limbs and climb at some points. And while the orange/yellow diamonds or orange arrows mark the route, you can easily miss them as you come down from the pinnacle.

On the flipside, it’s best to avoid hiking up Mount Finlayson if it’s rainy or wet to avoid injury when you’re climbing on exposed rock with your hands and feet.

From the parking area in Goldstream Provincial Park, you’ll go back to Finlayson Arm Road and go left, crossing the Finlayson arm bridge. This bridge allows car and pedestrian traffic. Keep walking down the road to the trailhead. You’ll find the trailhead for the Mount Finlayson hike on your right, as the road curves to the right.

Coming off the road, the hiking path is easy to find. If you have any doubts, look for orange arrows or yellow triangles!

https://www.10advent...o the trailhead.

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.05.30-00_41_56.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 May 2023 - 08:43 PM.

#2077 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 08:49 PM

Yeah but the goldstream entrance isn't accessible by bus.

#2078 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 05:07 AM

^ Last time I took a bus to the top of Mt. Finlayson I felt like I was cheating.

Non-Bear Mountain residents will now have to pay $45 to access the Finlayson Mountain Trail after the landowners cut off access.

Residents who live in the neighbourhood atop Skirt Mountain and are looking to walk down Country Club Way to access the trails beyond will now be redirected to the nearby activity centre, where they’ll have to fill in a waiver if they’re a resident and wear a wristband.

That’s what happened to neighbourhood resident Kali Philp when she was out walking on May 24. Philp has lived in the neighbourhood for several years and dodged the fee, but worries the rule fuels a negative impression of the neighbourhood and makes Bear Mountain seem “elitist.”

“Our neigbourhood is filled with nice people who kind of get painted with the same brush as this development company,” she said. “Just like other Vancouver Islanders, we want to share nature.”

Landowners Ecoasis Developments said the rule is merely an extension of its one-day recreational use fee which allows access to the Bear Mountain Activity Centre, including use of multiple gyms, a pool and other recreation facilities.

Ruthanne Doyle, a spokesperson for Ecoasis, wrote in an email that the “Resort Trail Program” had been previously announced in 2021, but delayed due to COVID-19.

“The program was formulated in response to a significant increase in traffic on our private property and is part of our risk management program to meet increasingly stringent insurance requirements,” Doyle wrote in an email.

https://www.vicnews....8ca11b97212fd9a

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 May 2023 - 05:07 AM.

#2079 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 06:46 AM

I think Ecoasia will have quite a bit of push back on any new development that hasn't already been approved

#2080 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 07:22 AM

Council cannot prejudice their decisions in that way, and the public can complain about the access restriction, but it carries no legal weight, as it’s a private property matter, and trail access was historically provided as a gesture, not as a public amenity.

I’m sure we can all appreciate how several hundred hikers coming through on a busy day will come with all sorts of issues. Not everyone is kind and respectful.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users