CFAX AM / iHeart Radio Victoria | AM 1070

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#541 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

Is it pronounced Smyth or Smyth? Or was it Ryan that was the issue...

It's pronounced "Smith", but all day it was being pronounced like Smythe.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#542 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

I'll be on CFAX this Thursday at 2PM with Ian Jessop to discuss the latest development going-ons. Tune in on Thursday to listen in!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#543 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

It's looking like a VV double header tomorrow on CFAX. Sparky will be live at 3:35PM discussing the sewage situation, and I'll be on a little earlier at 2PM talking about developments around the region. Tune in at 1070AM or online on www.CFAX1070.com.
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#544 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

A double feature, nice!  I'll have to nudge the dial off of AM980 tomorrow ;)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#545 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

CFAX is running paid ads for the Shamrocks, and they say "... at the arena in Colwood!".  Classic.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#546 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

It's looking like a VV double header tomorrow on CFAX. Sparky will be live at 3:35PM discussing the sewage situation, and I'll be on a little earlier at 2PM talking about developments around the region. Tune in at 1070AM or online on www.CFAX1070.com.

I have been bumped to possibly tomorrow at 9:05. Will confirm.

#547 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I have been bumped to possibly tomorrow at 9:05. Will confirm.

I was in Colwood, in the car, thinking about going to Costco.  At 3:25.  I held off because I wanted to listen to Sparky talk crap.. er.. about crap, sewage.. whatever. 

Imagine my displeasure when I turned onto the highway only to hear that I should have just gone to Costco. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#548 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

I have not heard otherwise so I am assuming that I will be on CFAX at 9:05 to discuss my article on the sewage treatment project. Costco can take a back seat. :)

#549 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

Can hardly wait!

#550 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

Sparky's on, Sparky's on!  :banana:

#551 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

^Link to that?

I got survey'd today. The most interesting question was whether I would listen to a simulcast of the CTV2 6:00 pm news on C-FAX. Although hearing more in-depth stories would be nice I don't really see the point of a simulcast. Maybe if you're driving at that hour.

Edited by Holden West, 11 June 2014 - 07:44 PM.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#552 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

^Link to that?

https://soundcloud.c.../frank-Stanford

You can skip over the first 12 minutes unless you want to hear Mayor Fortin talk about the blue bridge...

Does anyone listen to CFAX after 6pm now?  It's all sports talk right up to midnight. 

I find Mike Eckford on CKNW at 7:00PM much more interesting and entertaining. 

#553 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

Does anyone listen to CFAX after 6pm now?  It's all sports talk right up to midnight. 

I do.  Not a huge Moj (6-9) fan, but he's coming around to me.  Scott Rintoul 9-12 is great.  I can easily fall asleep to that stuff.

But I can't see how the majority of CFAX day crowd likes this stuff.

#554 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

See I'm not much of a sports fan, listening to sports talk really puts me to sleep (not in a good way). 

Eckford ends at 10PM and they switch to Coast to Coast live.  In fact I've cancelled cable TV as I found myself watching it less and less with the new programming on CKNW.

Do you know what the numbers are in terms of listeners now for CFAX for the sports shows?

#555 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

I hear ya Seb.  I'm not sure those stats are in yet.  I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but when I'm still awake and hear a good topic coming up on AM Coast to Coast, I'm cool with it - sleep material.  George Noory is alright!

#556 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

George Noory has been heavily criticized by Coast to Coast loyalists.  He's a different style from Art Bell but I don't mind it.  I probably started listening back in the late 90's. 

Mostly just to have something on.  Most of the stuff is far out crap and I'm not particularly interested in hearing Linda Moulton Howe discuss cattle mutilations, but things could be worse.  Like listening about baseball batting averages :o

#557 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Noory and his crew pulled a fast one on Art Bell recently and the show fired John B Wells, their most listened to host (triple what Noory attracts) because he raised issues that made people "uncomfortable." Lame.

Coast to Coast has eroded into a mainstream scary monster and alien abduction show and has lost a great deal of credibility over the last year (not that it hadn't when Art Bell left, so you can imagine how badly its image has been tarnished since late 2013).

Know it all.

#558 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

Ah, so that's what happened.  I was wondering why I hadn't heard him for a while. 

Here's a story on it:

http://www.thecommon...sive-interview/

#559 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Oh wow, that's a great article.

C2C is, ironically, truly the radio show people listen to when they want to fall asleep (before now that was usually a tongue-in-cheek comment).

Know it all.

#560 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

Someone forgot to tell the CFAX Community Cruiser girl that the Tattoo was cancelled.   She reported this morning that "she was on her way..."

• sebberry likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users