• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#1061 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

http://theprovince.c...whitecaps-lions

The sports media landscape in Vancouver is taking another hit, as Bell Media is again making cuts at its TSN Vancouver operation.

Out the door are Whitecaps play by play voice Peter Schaad and Lions caller Scott Rintoul.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1062 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,394 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Je ne le coeur pas radio! :eek:

CFAX.JPG

#1063 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:26 PM

Cost cutting measures are really getting extreme.

• Nparker likes this

#1064 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

Ive started listening to CBC far more often its actually quality radio with great content.

CFAX owned by Mel Cooper then by Bell Media  like comparing 

a glass of Apple Juice to a Glass of Urine.

Look the same (Call Letters) but really different from each other.

I guess its only a matter of time before computer dude Alan Parry has his ass kicked out the front door

The will probably keep the weather girl though because she probably brings the rating up a little and not from her forecasting.

• Benezet likes this

#1065 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

When CBC radio talks about bike lanes they don't act like they're the devil.  Kind of helps that Craigie is a cyclist.

#1066 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

So... fake news then at CBC?
  • Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1067 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,394 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

So... fake news then at CBC?

Well at the very least, alternative facts;)

• Mike K. and sebberry like this

#1068 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

I'll be on air tomorrow at 1:30 with Pamela McCall to chat Colwood Corners. :)
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1069 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Actually I hear Colleen Christie may not have actually been let go by Bell (CTV) but rather left on her own to accept a much higher paying gig at Global. She and Jill Krop (Global PD) are BFF's so that wouldn't be too surprising......

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#1070 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:53 AM

Bruce Williams has been fired.

http://www.pugetsoun...bruce-williams/

Another casualty with Bell Media on Vancouver Island is Bruce Williams. Williams joined the station when it was first known as the New VI, as a weatherman, until he was promoted to the position of Manager-Community and Client Relations at CTV Vancouver Island.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1071 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Alan Perry stated on air this morning during his computer show that one of the reasons that people have been getting fired from CFAX  may be due to the fact that Canadians will be able to watch American advertisements on  Super Bowl Sunday.

He said that parent company Bell Media will be losing out on Millions of advertising dollars form Canadian Companies and its affecting their bottom line.

Bell Media has been ripping off Canadians for years now with their inflated Cell phone service charges and by nickel and diming the public.

Bell can go F Themselves

I am thinking Alan Perry's head will now be on the chopping block

• Nparker likes this

#1072 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

^ I was thinking the same thing, but the fact is, advertising revenue is down considerably and the millions budgeted from the Super Bowl advertising isn't helping. 

Hopefully Alan Perry doesn't get sacked any time soon. I quite like his Tech Talk show and other appearances he makes on air. 

And yes, Bell is a massive ripoff and can go suck on a lemon. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1073 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

Bell certainly used that as an excuse this week.  I think it's a bit lame.

#1074 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

I have a Bell phone and they call me about every 2 months and ask how things are.

Customer loyalty people

I am month to month.

Can we do anything to improve your service.

Yes give me 1 more Gig of data or even .5 gb and don't charge me 1 more cent for it.

OK we will see what we can do.

Sorry cant do it you are getting a better deal than anyone...we can do it for you but there will be an additional $30 per month charge

Oh OK so you want me to pay what people who sign up today are paying and my bill will go form $60 per month to $90 per month?

Yes that is the current going rate.

I thought you said you were from customer loyalty

We are

Dont ever call me again

is something wrong.

yes when you people call me its the same bullshit each and every time stop wasting my time

FYI my plan is 2 gb data and unlimited calls to canada and texts to anywhere $60 per month

• Nparker likes this

#1075 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

A couple years ago I was getting calls if my payment was late.

I was in arrears $60 or $80

They woudl phone me and ask when I was going to pay .

I was getting sick of their calls .

i told them I will pay it when I pay it and to stop calling me.

Sir we need to know when.

Im telling you to go harrass someone who owes you hundreds or thousands.

Look at my payment history and you will see I always pay up but I pay when I feel like paying.

If you ever call me again over $ 80 I will cancel my service but before I do I will report you to your supervisors .What is your name.????

I never ever was called by them again and I still pay my bill when I feel like it .

They charge me late fees but I don't care about and extra couple bucks

i am sur ethere is a notation on my account about not to call me about anything because Im not stable

• Nparker and sebberry like this

#1076 larrobb

larrobb
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

I tuned into CFAX for the 3pm news today.  Thought I might get some local news and weather before the Superbowl coverage.  Instead..."Good Evening (remember, this is 3 in the afternoon), I'm Rob Gibson with a half-time update".  Great, the prerecorded newscast that was to air during the football game's half time break was in full swing...until it stopped a minute in,  and commercials ran. Then, it started all over again.  Twice.  Finally, after several minutes of repeated ads, the pre-game show mercifully kicked in and there was no local news to be had.  Didn't matter, as the prerecorded version was just a repeat of what had been ripped and read all day long anyway.  So much for local news.  Good thing this  crew wasn't around in 1996, when we actually depended upon locals to let us know what was happening. This capped a completely pre-recorded day on CFAX, as even the venerable  Sunday Garden Show appears to have been gassed, in favor of yet another taped rehash of the week that was.

#1077 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

Long time Victorians and/or CFAX listeners will remember Chuck Mudrak who was their sports guy back in the day (1970's), who passed this week; a good man, tons of fun at parties and something of a local SME/expert on Canadian military bands, martial music and tattoo's both here and in the UK.

#1078 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

I'll be in CFAX at 10AM this morning to chat about all sorts of things as part of the Friday round table with Adam Stirling and Ryan Price.
  • rjag and Bingo like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1079 Old Esquimalt

Old Esquimalt
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

I find I hardly ever listen to CFAX anymore.  It has been become just another media-conglomerate mouth piece.  The endless ranting about Trump; who the hell cares?  It's over, you lost, get over it.  If he's as big an idiot as they say, he'll soon prove it.  Do we need to hear about it every damn day?  OK, your bosses at Bell are obsessed, but we're not. Sorry.  "Click".

Adam Sterling: the other week I happened to turn on the station while driving and  he childishly interrupted some guest just so he could show us all how clever he was by shouting out the explanation to some formula before the guest could explain it.  Can't stand the sound of him, so if he's on the radio stays off.

Anyone who was here in the storm of 96 will remember how when the emergency planning people couldn't or didn't come in to work, CFAX stepped up and organized the city into zones, found area coordinators and got things moving: medications taken to those who needed them, critical care professionals provided with rides to work etc. 

Now our recent snow fall was nothing like 96, but there must have been many older people, people in remoter parts of the region, or people in the caring professions who couldn't get to or from work, but what did CFAX do this time?  Zilch from what I heard. I tuned in to see and heard a bunch of joking around.  Fail!

No more CFAX on my radio.

• Redd42 likes this

#1080 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

There was about 4cm of snow on the  ground in Victoria

In 96 there was 70cm or so

• AllseeingEye, sebberry and Daveyboy like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users