CFAX AM / iHeart Radio Victoria | AM 1070

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#1161 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

Ya it's some miracle pillow that every Bell personality is required to flog. It's embarrasing for them.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1162 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

^ And Corus.  When I hear the pillow ad on CFAX I switch to CKNW where I inevitably run into another talk show host raving on about it. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1163 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

Is it odd that the CFAX Seahawks broadcast is sponsored by Willowbrook Chrysler, a Vancouver dealership?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1164 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Oh yeah, tune in at 3 today to listen in to a show I’ll be on.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1165 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

Pamela McCall axed. 4 more maybe too.

https://www.pugetsou...elt-tightening/

#1166 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

^Not a surprise. When they started simulcasting the show in Kelowna and moved to a 'BC' format then the writing was on the wall. It won't be too long for the others either. When you have every host on every show discussing the same issues all day then and then being rebroadcast at night then you might as well just move everything to a national format with local news updates. If you want to do local talk then a morning, lunch and dinner segment should over it.

• Nparker likes this

#1167 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:11 AM

^Not a surprise. When they started simulcasting the show in Kelowna and moved to a 'BC' format then the writing was on the wall. It won't be too long for the others either. When you have every host on every show discussing the same issues all day then and then being rebroadcast at night then you might as well just move everything to a national format with local news updates. If you want to do local talk then a morning, lunch and dinner segment should over it.

I was still shaking my head as late as Monday or Tuesday this week when her simulcast show was talking about the E&N.  What's in that for Kelowna listeners?  

#1168 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

Not surprised, I found her delivery to be a bit of a snoozefest. Linda Steele over at CKNW was like that until they added Drex which lightened things up a bit. I am dating myself but I miss Till & McComb in the pm on CKNW and didnt mind Terry Spence or Alan Perry's shows

#1169 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

I miss Till & McComb in the pm on CKNW

I loved that show, I would always flip over to CKNW for afternoons.

• rjag likes this

#1170 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

I loved that show, I would always flip over to CKNW for afternoons.

Yup they had good chemistry. Always enjoyed trying to figure out what the object was they were holding....

#1171 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

I was still shaking my head as late as Monday or Tuesday this week when her simulcast show was talking about the E&N.  What's in that for Kelowna listeners?  

The first thing Victorian's do when they go to Kelowna is check out the historic railway trestles at the Myra Canyon.

So it stands to reason that when Kelownians come to Victoria they want to check the historic E&N railway trestles.

:)

#1172 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

I called into CFAX this morning, went on the air on the talk show. And I prefaced my comments with "I'm not a beaver expert..."

#1173 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

And I prefaced my comments with "I'm not a beaver expert..."

How about CUBS?

#1174 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

McCall has been there just shy of 5 years, who knew...

#1175 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

I didn't mind her show but she pushed the marijuana topic a bit too hard. Hardly a day went by without it coming up. It got tiring.

#1176 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

What's with the new jingles CFAX has around news clips? 

They feel really out of place, like someone has gone and downloaded some audio clipart.

They should bring back the ones from the 90s. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1177 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

Ya they are interesting. Especially how the weather person talks over their backtrack.

#1178 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

Today when I go into the studio I’m going to bring up the traffic jingle that sounds like an intense techno track. It’s overwhelming and forces me to mute that component.
  • VicHockeyFan and rjag like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1179 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

You have technology to mute just a portion of the audio from an am radio station?

#1180 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

I didn't mind her show but she pushed the marijuana topic a bit too hard. Hardly a day went by without it coming up. It got tiring.

Yeah but that is how talk radio works these days, you pick topics that generate a lot of controversy or hate so that people engage. Jessop was good at it although he picked wacky stuff about jews and vaccines which went too far off the rails. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users