8809 replies to this topic

#2241 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

image.png
  • todd likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2242 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

More fast Mexican.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2243 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Ya and whats with the Olives in that burrito that's not Mexican

#2244 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

^ Those "may" be beans?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#2245 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

Ah could be.

I'm not into fast Mexican Food .

Always enjoy the authentic the Mexican like food in St Andrews Square. Affordable and not made on an assembly line.

When I see that picture  it doesn't ;look much different  than a Tim Hortons chicken wrap

http://www.timhorton.../menu/wraps.php

Edited by HB, 21 November 2015 - 08:51 AM.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#2246 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:37 PM

Mayflower Caffe (http://www.mayflowercaffe.com/) at the corner of Broughton & Blanshard, has a for lease sign up and was clearly closed today.

#2247 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:42 PM

Couldn't find anything on this using the search, but did we somehow miss the fact that the restaurant in the Best Western on Johnson St downtown is now called the London Tube (complete with London underground type signage)?! It is pretty awful.

On the topic of failed/soon-to-be-failing restaurants, I should note that the Hawk & Hen seems to be empty at all times. Haven't been in yet personally - anyone reports?

#2248 Ben

Ben
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:59 PM

Couldn't find anything on this using the search, but did we somehow miss the fact that the restaurant in the Best Western on Johnson St downtown is now called the London Tube (complete with London underground type signage)?! It is pretty awful.

On the topic of failed/soon-to-be-failing restaurants, I should note that the Hawk & Hen seems to be empty at all times. Haven't been in yet personally - anyone reports?

I liked the Hawn & Hen when I went just after it opened. My only issue was that it's a breakfast place until 3:00pm. That might be fine on the weekends but it's not usually what Im looking for when I'm looking for lunch during the week.

• thundergun likes this

#2249 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

Ya we heard London Tube is the restaurant now run by the hotel owner, rather than the previous tenant.

#2250 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

The space right next to Caffe Fantastico on Harbour Road in Vic West is being framed into a few different storefronts it looks like. The spot directly next to the cafe has a paper sign on it that says "Something Fantastico is coming," which makes me believe it's an extension of the existing cafe to be more like the Tre Fantastico location on Humboldt across from St. Ann's Academy. The space I'm referring to in the link - below and to the right of the fol epi sign. The spot closest to the crosswalk is still empty/for lease. 

https://goo.gl/maps/g9spQ3Le7c52

#2251 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:03 PM

It's a wonder that Fantastico hasn't expanded sooner on Harbour Road. That location is far too small for the traffic that moves through. The Tre Fantastico is great. Nice (small) assortment of foods, beer and wine.

#2252 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

Doing my lunchtime walk through town and spotted Guy Fieri's face plastered to the window next to Ferris' ... apparently there's a Guy's American Kitchen & Bar coming to 540ish Yates?

http://guysamerican.com 

#2253 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

Is that the place that had the Internet Cafe sign subsequently replaced by the Blockbuster Coming Soon sign?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2254 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

The photo of the menu looks very much like the hilarious fake Guy Fieri menu that went viral a while back. Look:

http://guysamericankitchenandbar.com/

The inspiration for that fake menu was a blisteringly-bad review of Guy's restaurant in the NYTimes. One of the all-time great reviews. Read:

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Somewhere within the yawning, three-level interior of Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar, is there a long refrigerated tunnel that servers have to pass through to make sure that the French fries, already limp and oil-sogged, are also served cold?

So yeah, sounds like a great local prank.

• Jill likes this

#2255 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:35 PM

Man, this storefront only exists to make pranks.  That's awesome.

• Rob Randall likes this

#2256 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

Hey, whatever pays the bills, right? Or something like that.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2257 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:13 AM

Skinny Tato, the Polish restaurant on Johnson, just E of Broad St has closed. Went once and enjoyed it, but wasn't a great place for vegetarian food. Can't help but think that depressing stretch of Johnson Street isn't ideal for unique food options.

#2258 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

Skinny Tato, the Polish restaurant on Johnson, just E of Broad St has closed. Went once and enjoyed it, but wasn't a great place for vegetarian food. Can't help but think that depressing stretch of Johnson Street isn't ideal for unique food options.

They were a semi-retired couple from Edmonton. I hope they didn't lose a lot of money in their business venture. The food was always delicious, but the portions were small, the price was high and the interior space wasn't great.

#2259 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

Doing my lunchtime walk through town and spotted Guy Fieri's face plastered to the window next to Ferris' ... apparently there's a Guy's American Kitchen & Bar coming to 540ish Yates?

http://guysamerican.com 

I talked to an electrician working there if it was really going to be a Guy Fieri restaurant and he said it's supposed to be a Pizza place. I asked the name and he said Famous Pizza or something like that.  He didn't seem to know exactly

#2260 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:15 PM

Hmm. Sounds suspicious. I think that's a ruse, too.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users