Photo

Food services comings and goings in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
8809 replies to this topic

#2781 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

They could always strike a deal where they sell the coffee shop's coffee and the coffee shop sells their doughnuts.

I never eat donuts, but when I do it's usually someone on VV who offers to buy, but so far I am befret of donuts.  :mad:

#2782 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

The Boston Pizza on Hillside at Blanshard is undergoing renovations and will be closed until the 26th.

• 57WestHills likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2783 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:00 PM

The Boston Pizza on Hillside at Blanshard is undergoing renovations and will be closed until the 26th.

Long overdue. I think BP is also planning on some menu changes.

• 57WestHills likes this

#2784 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:14 PM

This place should relocate closer to mayfair or Uptown. This is a bad location now, too close to Helps' homeless paradise

#2785 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:25 AM

Their donuts are insane.  I've lined up for them multiple times.  Definitely looking forward to this.

Where's the jeweller going?  He was a good one.

#2786 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:48 AM

Not sure if I mentioned the 24-hour trial for Subway downtown was not a success, it ended the experiment a few weeks ago.  Oh, they also got their window busted on the weekend.

The downtown McDonalds continues to do a roaring late-night trade, especially on the weekends of course. They now often have to just close the thing at 4am for an hour to get a handle on all the garbage all over the floor.  It's quite a sight, it's almost ankle deep.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2787 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

The Cookie Bar, a gourmet cookie establishment, is opening in part of the former Mirage Coffee on Blanshard Street in early October (the other half has already become a musical instrument retailer).

• Nparker likes this

#2788 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

The Cookie Bar, a gourmet cookie establishment, is opening in part of the former Mirage Coffee on Blanshard Street in early October (the other half has already become a musical instrument retailer).

Do remember the name of the other business, beside the cookie place? What type of instruments do they sell?

#2789 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

Do remember the name of the other business, beside the cookie place? What type of instruments do they sell?

The other business is Guitars Plus, which moved from down the block...http://www.guitarsplusvictoria.com/

#2790 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

I like it!

• Jill likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2791 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

I still miss Cookies By George, so I'm looking forward to trying this place.

• Matt R. and RoadRunner like this

#2792 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:42 AM

Sizzling Tandoor will be opening it's third location at Westshore Town Centre in the space formerly occupied by Pig BBQ.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2793 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

It's actually The Cookie Guy. The premise is baked to order cookies delivered warm! The Cookie Guy is actually my brother in law. The plan is to soft open this week, and then open after thanksgiving.
  • Dietrich and Matt R. like this

#2794 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

I think this concept became popular on some US college campuses, and eventually morphed into late-night delivery of all sorts of food items to dormitories.

What's the cost of a made-to-order warm cookie delivery?

Know it all.

#2795 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

It's actually The Cookie Guy. The premise is baked to order cookies delivered warm! The Cookie Guy is actually my brother in law. The plan is to soft open this week, and then open after thanksgiving.

Delivered to where?  Your home or business?

Help wanted ad:

http://www.usedvicto...ie-Guy_28209031

#2796 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

Delivered to wherever you like within the delivery area!

We'll be at the shop most of the day today. Pop in and say hi if you are in the neighbourhood!
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#2797 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

Cafe Mexico is re-opening on Thursday Oct 20 with a brand new menu

• jonny likes this

#2798 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:30 PM

Nice!  It's about time! Insurance reno's appear to take a long time....

#2799 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:41 PM

it was a huge renovation and rebuild.....they gutted everything even the floor was gone only floor joists remained as the also need to repair the downstairs of which used to be the Sweetwaters nightclub..I know it was called something else in between but that what I knew it as

#2800 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

Shawn Soole (Clive's classic lounge, Little Jumbo) is behind the rebuild, I expect good things on this one.

Matt.
  • Mr Cook Street likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users