Food services comings and goings in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
8786 replies to this topic

#3121 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,870 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

I've produced a couple of these long table dinners at Vantreight Farms a little while ago (one on Longview and another in a massive greenhouse) for Taste Victoria, and had the chance to attend one at North Arm Farm in Pemberton (produced by Araxi) and it's not just about great food. It's really a unique experience that transcends the dining itself.

This one will sell out for sure, lots of people will come from Victoria and Vancouver and Whistler to attend.

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#3122 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Ruby Johnson opens this Friday.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3123 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

La Collina bakery on Tyee is for sale, $35k.

https://www.realtor....Columbia-V9A6X5

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3124 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

It's the dark windows in that retail space, I swear. Nobody has been able to make that space work out. Coupled with that horrendous Save-On-Foods wall (thanks, City of Victoria planners) and the dark windows, pedestrians are literally funnelled along to greener pastures.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3125 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

The Cook & Pan Deli, formerly on Cook is going to re-open on Amelia St. behind the Ministry of Health.

#3126 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

The Cook & Pan Deli, formerly on Cook is going to re-open on Amelia St. behind the Ministry of Health.

In the old Amelia Street Bistro building? I miss that place. This will be very convenient for me.  :banana:

#3127 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

• Nparker and Dietrich like this

#3128 Soupa Cafe

Soupa Cafe
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Hey guys, thank you for the kind comment on our sandwich boards. We believe our food stands out so we really wanted the sandwich boards to too ;)

Lots of people don't know that Soupa Cafe offers Vegan, gluten smart, veggie and meat lover options.. we typically have 6 to 8 different rotating soups on daily (rotation of 60+ soups).. We make them fresh :) We also have new killer sandwiches (made with truly natural meats), veggie options of course, and lots of pastry options, just looking at getting some certified gluten free and vegan options for dessert too :D

This is still top secret so don't tell anyone - but breakfast will be coming soon with later store hours not to mention all you can eat chili and rice coming soon too.

2 new store are also under way some where.. we can't say too much but you're in with the scoop now!

Anyway, we wanted to share with you another snap of the sandwich board, swing in and see us - we're always delighted to have you and hopefully the whole crew can eat with us ;) ;) 

Attached Images

• 20170208_152410_resized.jpg

• jonny likes this

#3129 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hey Soupa, welcome to VV!

Oh, and as a welcome gift, we allow you that one sort of ad to introduce yourself!

Oh, and Dusty from Luv A Rug brought me to Beta one day, we had a nice time...!

#3130 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

Gluten smart?  I always call my self a "glutard" 

• VicHockeyFan likes this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#3131 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Sante Gluten Free Cafe is for sale.   >  >  https://www.realtor....726154/Victoria

http://www.santeglutenfreecafe.com/

#3132 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

Ambrosia Fines Foods and Deli in Oak Bay is for sale:

http://ambrosiafinefoods.ca/

https://www.realtor....Columbia-V8R5S3

$69,000

#3133 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

Kemp Lake Store/ Music Cafe is for sale:

https://www.facebook...f=page_internal

https://www.realtor....Columbia-V0S1N0

$599,000

#3134 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

Hey guys, thank you for the kind comment on our sandwich boards. We believe our food stands out so we really wanted the sandwich boards to too ;)

Lots of people don't know that Soupa Cafe offers Vegan, gluten smart, veggie and meat lover options.. we typically have 6 to 8 different rotating soups on daily (rotation of 60+ soups).. We make them fresh :) We also have new killer sandwiches (made with truly natural meats), veggie options of course, and lots of pastry options, just looking at getting some certified gluten free and vegan options for dessert too :D

This is still top secret so don't tell anyone - but breakfast will be coming soon with later store hours not to mention all you can eat chili and rice coming soon too.

2 new store are also under way some where.. we can't say too much but you're in with the scoop now!

Anyway, we wanted to share with you another snap of the sandwich board, swing in and see us - we're always delighted to have you and hopefully the whole crew can eat with us ;) ;)

What does "gluten smart" mean? Safe for celiacs or what? Presumably it means it's contaminated.

#3135 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,870 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

Means possibility of cross contamination. The CFIA doesn't like when people use terms like "gluten free" when cross contamination is a possibility.

Matt.
  • Jill likes this

#3136 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

Don't have any links but have heard a couple of rumours about Westside Village. Hopefully they come to fruition - Vic West has some good options but considering how much it's growing, it could use more amenities.

1. Quizno's may be closing (no surprise there) and I've heard Big Wheel Burger could be opening up another location in that spot.

2. The former TD bank location (it moved one spot West) which is it's own small building closest to the Tyee/Bay corner is being eyed by the people behind Brown's for a restaurant/lounge that could be a Brown's or something else.

As to (1), rumor confirmed:   :thumbsup: 

33698081441_f83ff1a195_h.jpg

33442493250_48282177cf_h.jpg

As to (2), the former TD building would be an excellent spot for a restaurant.  The large arcing set of bay windows onto Tyee Rd. and Bay St. make it so.

• thundergun likes this

#3137 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:02 AM

Dude :) :http://victoria.citi...t-side-village/
  • sdwright.vic likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3138 Mr.B

Mr.B
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

The owners of Cobble Hill’s Merridale Cidery and Distillery are launching a new venture in Victoria to be called Dockside Brewery and Distillery.

Janet Docherty and Rick Pipes aim to open a craft distillery and brewery, a pizzeria and tasting bar and a rooftop patio on a Harbour Road lot they are buying at Dockside Green.

The distillery would turn out whisky, gin and vodka using local ingredients. Merridale will also produce its first line of beers. Merridale Cider will continue to be made at the company’s Cobble Hill operation and be available on tap at Dockside.

“It will be a place where we can invite the locals in. It will be very geared toward that,” Docherty said Monday. “The main thrust and why we chose to do it at Dockside development is because of the green elements.”

Indoor seating for 50 and another 35 on the patio are planned, Docherty said. Tours of the distillery, including a boardwalk to view the distilling operation, will also be offered.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.ESiDFHpn.dpuf

• thundergun and Dr. Barillas like this

#3139 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

^^ Consider it an update.  Reno has actually started and the opening date has been pushed back to some time in June vs. the May Long Weekend.

Edited by Gary H, 04 April 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#3140 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

The owners of Cobble Hill’s Merridale Cidery and Distillery are launching a new venture in Victoria to be called Dockside Brewery and Distillery.

Janet Docherty and Rick Pipes aim to open a craft distillery and brewery, a pizzeria and tasting bar and a rooftop patio on a Harbour Road lot they are buying at Dockside Green.

The distillery would turn out whisky, gin and vodka using local ingredients. Merridale will also produce its first line of beers. Merridale Cider will continue to be made at the company’s Cobble Hill operation and be available on tap at Dockside.

“It will be a place where we can invite the locals in. It will be very geared toward that,” Docherty said Monday. “The main thrust and why we chose to do it at Dockside development is because of the green elements.”

Indoor seating for 50 and another 35 on the patio are planned, Docherty said. Tours of the distillery, including a boardwalk to view the distilling operation, will also be offered.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.ESiDFHpn.dpuf

This sounds great. Anyone know which lot they're considering?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users