Food services comings and goings in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
8799 replies to this topic

#1661 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:56 PM

looks pretty americanized; the burger king of Mexican?

It's all-Canadian, only other BC location is Burnaby, but lots east.

Quesada first opened in Toronto in 2004, and then built four more Company owned restaurants. By 2010 the Company was ready to expand by franchising.

Now with over 34 Quesada restaurants in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and BC, the Company plans to open 35 more Franchise restaurants in 2015 – well on its way to achieving the goal of becoming a dominant national franchise chain.

I peaked in, it's many months away from opening.  A year ago a guy phoned my that was planning a wings place on Yates, I wonder if this is what it morphed into.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1662 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

WARNING!!! No alcohol at this restaurant. 

- this has been a public safety message from your provincial government.

Shaming is important to the health of small business.

10406831_902348683118138_753369138351890

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1663 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

WARNING!!! No alcohol at this restaurant. 

- this has been a public safety message from your provincial government.

Shaming is important to the health of small business.

[ snip ]

Oh, I'm sorry, did they just not do enough to sober up the drunk people coming out of the clubs at 3am on a Sunday morning?

(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#1664 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

Happy to report the King's Deli on Fort is open again.

• Nparker likes this

#1665 quesadavictoria

quesadavictoria
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

Quesada is definitely not an "amercanized burger king". but it is Tex-Mex. There is no grease in the menu items offered.  No fried items are offered. Construction is happening right now and opening is slated for end of January to begining of February.

Grand Opening will offer a free Regular Burrito for first  2 days from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.  and will be open to everyone that comes in through our doors. Please visit quesada.ca for peek at our menu and upcoming events.

• Nparker likes this

#1666 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

Quesada is definitely not an "amercanized burger king". but it is Tex-Mex. There is no grease in the menu items offered.  No fried items are offered. Construction is happening right now and opening is slated for end of January to begining of February.

Grand Opening will offer a free Regular Burrito for first  2 days from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.  and will be open to everyone that comes in through our doors. Please visit quesada.ca for peek at our menu and upcoming events.

Sweet!  Welcome to the forum!  Golly, that construction schedule seems ambitious, but why not!  I'm gonna love this place.

• quesadavictoria likes this

#1667 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

No grease? That doesn't sound like Tex Mex at all!

Just kidding. Best of luck. Hopefully you don't associate yourself with whacky business practices like your competitor a couple blocks up Yates...

• Nparker and bluefox like this

#1668 vicernie

vicernie
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

looking forward to giving it a try.  getting harder to be loyal downtown.

#1669 quesadavictoria

quesadavictoria
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

Dont give up on downtown just yet. Lots of new things happening there.  Give it some time. You surely will enjoy Quesada!!

• Nparker and Mixed365 like this

#1670 quesadavictoria

quesadavictoria
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

Thanks!!

#1671 Colin H

Colin H
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

don't know where to put this query; super moderator help me out.  do Victoria cocktail lounges offer a hot toddy?  cold and flu season upon us.  http://www.theguardi...rfect-hot-toddy

The Irish Times makes a good one. Single $6.95 and double $9.15

#1672 vicernie

vicernie
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

as I scootered by the Tapas Bar in Trounce Alley earlier, I saw that they have thrown their restaurant open to street people and offered a steak dinner this afternoon,  several very happy folks were leaving as I went by; boisterous "merry Christmases" all around.  sign at the door said, "no press".  I stopped to let several folks know about the offer but it was well-known and they were gearing up to go.

#1673 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

^ Nice. I like the "no press" part.

• Nparker and johnk like this

#1674 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Why?

#1675 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

No laundry done there?

#1676 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Why?

Make it feel more like an honest donation than a PR effort, and probably a lot more inviting for the intended recipients would be my two guesses.

• Nparker likes this

#1677 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

Saigon Harbour on Blanshard is closed by bailiff order.

#1678 vicernie

vicernie
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

Dont give up on downtown just yet. Lots of new things happening there.  Give it some time. You surely will enjoy Quesada!!

what I meant was there is so much choice now.  makes it hard to decide.

#1679 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

A pretty significant renovation is happening at the old McDonald's at 2950 Douglas St.  For now at least, it does not appear the drive-thru window is being removed.

#1680 rctime

rctime
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

A pretty significant renovation is happening at the old McDonald's at 2950 Douglas St.  For now at least, it does not appear the drive-thru window is being removed.

Tim Hortons

• sebberry likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users