Photo

Elk & Beaver Lakes

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:03 PM

Elk and beaver Lake is such an amazing place. For those who are on foot, you can jog the exactly 10 KM loop around the lakes, hike, horseback ride, jog, walk your dog along the trails, you can cast from the shore of a few docks along the lake side, or you can lay on the sand & soak up the sun. For those who want to venture on the Lake.....Wow what choices you have. Rent Kayaks, canoes, peddle bikes, wind surfers, and much more. You can launch from the rowing club and try out your rowing skills, you can go fishing for Bass up to 10 pounds to Large cut throat and rainbow trout, you can water ski, wind surf, canoe, swim, and endless other watersports.

Here is some photos I took of Elk & Beaver lake when I took my dog for a walk.

This is the back parking lot at Beaver Lake....this feild is where you can let your dogs run and play

Here is my Dog!!!

This is my Buddies favorite water hole!!!

There are some massive trees along this trail too. You can see this tree compared to My full size dog!

If you haven't walked around these trails it absolutely beautiful and relaxing....I recomend it at least once.

• sebberry likes this

#2 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

That's no dog! That's a wolf!! A well fed wolf :P

Very pretty dog, very pretty pics!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#3 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

He is too well fed...that's why we have been going for walks...he is actually a pure breed Siberian Husky!

The lake was very beautful today...What amazing weather...Being October some of the maple trees still haven't even changed colour yet.

Crazy....

but I ain't complainin' hahhaaha

Thanks Baro for the compliment. It takes a long time to take photos, reduce them, sort and delete them, host them and then post them...It's quite a bit of work actually.

I have a lot of photography work to do for the website in the next week.

#4 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

You know, I havent been to that lake since I was a young child. But your photos reinforce my desire to go back and visit. I had no idea about the trail all the way around it.

Beautiful pics, Scaper. :)

#5 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:17 PM

It's a pretty lake. I was out on a zodiak with my uncle and aunt and I got sooooooo sun burned...yikes...

I wanted to go out there this summer but I didn't make it out there... I suppose to busy? I dunno.

I'm one of those people who loves cold cold cold winters and wet falls...

#6 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:26 PM

To bad you moved to Victoria....Cause you aint going to get a cold cold winter....unfortunately.

#7 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

Hahaha, so true, so true....Victoria was good for me for like a few months but now I've had enough...

It sure has some really beautiful areas
I have never been to Theitis Lake. It's hard because I don't drive

On another hand:

-40C windchills are really refreshing though.

8)

#8 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

Maybe you can move to Winterpeg then.

#9 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:02 PM

Perhaps I like Winterpeg. My grandma was born on a reserve there. So perhaps I have this strong urge to up and move to the middle of nowhere...oh, go schwimmmm in the Red River!

#10 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

I biked up to Elk Lake last week, it was definitely worth the trip.

Let's just hope no emergencies occur at Elk Lake between now and May 2007!

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

Those are some awesome shots, Scaper! Good work.

That doggy looked like he'd died and gone to dog heaven judging by the fun he was having :smt112

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:55 PM

He really loves this place. It's very hard getting back in the truck, he has lots of tricks in avoiding leaving....ahahahaha

#13 exLangfordian

exLangfordian
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:53 PM

Anyone wanting to keep off-leash dog walking areas should join Citizen Canine, or at least follow what they are doing politically to keep off-leash areas for us to exercise our dogs.

http://www.citizencanine.org

Great pics of your Sibe boy and the park, BTW!!!! :)

#14 exLangfordian

exLangfordian
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

AND, I gotta add, if anyone is looking for a new canine buddy to take to the beautiful areas we have on the South Island, be sure to check out Victoria Adoptables to see who's available. It's a volunteer-run web site, showcasing dogs, cats, rabbits, degus, birds, etc. up for adoption through various rescue groups.

http://www.victoriaadoptables.com

It's SO much fun to go out for a walk in the park with a dog, even in this snowy weather!

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:03 PM

^ What's a degus?

EDIT: some rodent I see.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#16 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:40 PM

^^ Thanks for the compliment on the photos etc.

And welcome to the site!!!

#17 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

It's baaack....the dreaded green algae.  Visitors are asked to keep their dogs on a leash and avoid Beaver Lake.

https://www.crd.bc.c...ke.pdf?sfvrsn=0

#18 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

And the award for the 9 year old thread bump goes to... :P
  • Nparker and Bingo like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

In today's Times-Colonist, City of Victoria councillor and CRD board member Ben Isitt states that he would support all gas-powered boats removed from all CRD waters... including the coaching and safety boats that accompany our Olympic rowers, as well as amateurs. 

> > >
Victoria Coun. Ben Isitt said he favoured a ban on gas-powered watercraft in all regional park lakes.

“Some people find the noise objectionable for these Sea-Doos. Personally for me, it’s the pollution that’s objectionable. If that means the rowing clubs have to change their practices, so be it,” Isitt said.

“To just hone in on these completely obnoxious Sea-Doos, I think, is in some ways discriminating against one type of user. I would like us to say in these regional parks the ecology is important and you can’t use a fossil-fuel belching engine in our lakes.

“That means you adjust your practice. Things change over time,” he said.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#20 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

Shocking.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users