Or this

flintstonesbus.gif

• RoadRunner likes this

#2462 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

I notice that nowhere on the Budget car rental place on lower Douglas does it actually have the words "rent", "rental", or "car".   You'd think that might be marketing 101.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2463 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

We live on Vancouver Island and went by car to Victoria in the beginning of April 2017. 

We did not like the city at all; overcrowded highways everywhere, because way too many people are living in the greater Victoria area. We had to make our way through heavy traffic to get to much advertised places, like the Inner Harbour, Butchart Gardens, Downtown, etc. The Inner Harbour and surrounding area with parliament building is nothing special. Whole downtown feels a bit desolate. In the high season it must be even less attractive with hot weather, and the city overrun by tourists. We are glad we went in the low season. We will likely not come back.

Our advise: go see Vancouver. This city has a much more appealing city centre, harbour and it has a much better "vibe" to it.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2464 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

I notice that nowhere on the Budget car rental place on lower Douglas does it actually have the words "rent", "rental", or "car".   You'd think that might be marketing 101.

kind of like McDonalds you mean? There is nothing on their sign that says what they sell.....or whiel you are on rentals cars how about National or Alamo

• jonny likes this

#2465 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

...way too many people are living in the greater Victoria area.

Whole downtown feels a bit desolate.

Methinks no place gets those split-personality travel reviews like Victoria does. It's too crowded and desolate at the same time. It reminds me of those reviews in which people complain about the city being dead/boring and then also complain about being kept awake all night by the street noise.

• Nparker, Jill, tedward and 1 other like this

#2466 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

We had to make our way through heavy traffic to get to much advertised places...

Our advise: go see Vancouver.

To summarize, they weren't comfortable driving in Victoria's heavy traffic. Driving in Vancouver's light traffic is their preferred alternative.

• Jill, jonny and nagel like this

#2467 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

We live on Vancouver Island...

The Inner Harbour and surrounding area with parliament building is nothing special.

I just knew it wasn't a good idea to build those full-scale replicas of the legislative buildings, Empress Hotel, steamship terminal building, Belmont Building, etc. in Duncan and Campbell River.

#2468 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:34 PM

kind of like McDonalds you mean? There is nothing on their sign that says what they sell.....or whiel you are on rentals cars how about National or Alamo

The Avis/Budget group has less than 1/7 the fleet size of the next two largest firms combined.  So I think it's reasonable to expect many tourists, especially those from outside of the USA and Canada, have no idea what the Budget (2,100 US locations, none outside North America) sign means.  Unlike McDonald's, with 15x more locations (14,000 US locations, 33,000 worldwide).

#2469 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

but at the same time the mass majority of Visitors to this city are from North America...

#2470 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Huh, VHF. Budget is all over Europe as well.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#2471 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Oh. I still don't like it.

#2472 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

If anyone  is interested in going on a ZERO GRAVITY flight there is one coming up in Seattle on May 6 yours for a cool $5000 usd

Edited by HB, 17 April 2017 - 08:05 AM.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#2473 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

This really is quite the boat.  Those windows go right down to floor level.

File_000 (121).jpeg

#2474 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Tourism Victoria sponsored story in the Seattle Times today:

http://www.seattleti...-your-vacation/

#2475 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

"However you choose to spend your days in Victoria, be sure to set aside time in the evening to enjoy the red or white of a nice glass of wine, the pink of a good piece of salmon, and the green of a fresh vegetable. Linger over dinner. You don’t have anywhere you have to be, and you don’t need to do the dishes. Talk to your partner. After dinner, order coffee and maybe another craft cocktail. Go ahead and enjoy that berry tart, or that pretty little plate of cookies without worry or guilt because everyone knows that calories don’t count when you’re in Canada."

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2476 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

USA Today has done a piece on us.  Silk Road seems to always punch above its weight, good for them and their team, they are doing something right.

http://www.10best.co...-kept-a-secret/

It’s been named Most Romantic City in Canada and Canada’s Best City for Women yet Victoria, B.C. still flies under the radar for many travelers blinded by the bright lights of nearby Vancouver.

Victoria, located on Vancouver Island, is a hidden gem, boasting the mildest weather in the country and a chill West Coast vibe. Whether you’re an outdoor adventurer or a lover of luxury, there’s literally something for everyone in this walkable haven where the food and craft beer scene rivals that of a big city. 

Take a quick and scenic Helijet flight from Vancouver and spend a night or two checking out some of these sights. When you realize you don’t want to leave, book a later flight home (departing directly from YYJ) and plan to settle in for a while. 

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 02 June 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#2477 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hippo Tours seems to have closed again.

http://hippotoursinc.com/

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 08 June 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#2478 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

Hippo Tours seems to have closed again...

:(

#2479 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

VICTORIA'S BBQ BOAT RENTAL BOOKINGS

Cruise Victoria's beautiful upper harbour in your very own
floating barbecue-equipped vessel. Book now and schedule your feast 
 on the water through Joe's BBQ Boat Rentals. 

https://joesbbqboat....ictoria-rentals

maegs-bqq-hero.jpg boat-rentals-vancouver-british-columbia-processed.jpg bbq-grill-preview_35c95de8-6750-46f3-8288-2df690e45d82.jpg screenshot-www.google.ca-2017-06-09-17-41-16.png

• Nparker and catfluff like this

#2480 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

No (life) jacket required.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users