[Downtown Victoria] Denby Place | 9-storeys | Built - remediated

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

...The Laurel Pt. condos have been having work done to them for some months now. For some reason the company hired to do the work (which according to my informant is a roofing company with no exterior experience) removed two courses of bricks at the bottom of every storey. The gap was secured with small metal jacks. The company hired ONE mason to do all of the replacement work. It took months, and when the wet windy weather started, there was still a lot of work to be done. How would you like to have the wind-driven rain pushed in to the interior of your walls?...

The name of the company performing the remediation work at the Laurel Point Condominiums is "Island Applicators Limited". They are known for work on "leaky condos".

#82 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

Photos of last December's collapse taken from Facebook:

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#83 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:01 AM

There is still scaffolding and a swing-stage up, this thing is dragging out forever.

#84 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Yeah I'm not sure what's taking so long. There's only a couple tiny visible areas that need to be finished up. I work within view of it and I almost never see any work being done. Just finish that last square!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users