Chek-tv | Local cable 6

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#461 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 353 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

IMO, it's just common decency that you don't show dead or dying bodies in local newspapers or local TV news shows.

I know common decency is a thing of the past, but that still doesn't mitigate the fact that if indeed folks were exercising it (common decency) as they should be, we wouldn't be looking a dead and dying people on or in the local news.

People tune into, or read local news specifically to AVOID the "if it bleeds - it leads" mindset.

All somewhat irrelevant considering common decency departed the planet years ago, and this is but another bit of proof that not only is it gone, but that it will likely never return.

I'm all for press freedom, but this is a particularly sad exercise of that freedom.

• Nparker likes this

#462 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

CHEK and Black Press are hardly credible news sources to begin with.

I haven't watched, or read either of them for YEARS, and I suspect I'm not alone.

Where do you get your local news? 

Anyone reading this forum knows I've given local media a lot of grief (I got into a bit of a back and forth with a CHEK producer regarding a poorly done segment on Atwell once), but I also will commend them for doing a good job and will defend them when they're being unfairly slagged.

As for asking Bratzer to curtail his outspokenness on social media, dude, that boat sailed like ten years ago.

• David Bratzer likes this

#463 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,190 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

As for asking Bratzer to curtail his outspokenness on social media, dude, that boat sailed like ten years ago.

I don't think anyone is asking David to hold back his opinions. Quite the contrary.

• David Bratzer likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#464 Bingo

Bingo
  • 14,195 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

I don't think anyone is asking David to hold back his opinions. Quite the contrary.

He has a credible perspective for sure during his 6 year tenure.

• Mike K. and David Bratzer like this

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance" - Socrates

#465 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 353 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

Where do you get your local news? 

Right here in the forum!, - much faster, more thorough, and way more accurate than any local newspaper or local TV station!

• todd likes this

#466 kxl

kxl
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

https://www.cheknews...ex-fire-367656/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this in Vic West (not Esquimalt)?

#467 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 46,678 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 AM

Correct, Vic West.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users