BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#461 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

So a full 1/3 taller than Promontory? Nice.

(I understand that they will be about the same height above sea level due to the Promontory being built on a rise)

#462 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

Sussex is a good looking building. I really, really, really, really hope HP1 has some sort of rooftop light feature.

• Nparker and Hotel Mike like this

#463 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

...I really, really, really, really hope HP1 has some sort of rooftop light feature.

And a higher "glass to solid surface ratio" than we have seen in many of the projects over the past few years.

• jonny likes this

#464 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

The allowance for height should be reflected in the design ... 

#465 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

Sussex is a good looking building. I really, really, really, really hope HP1 has some sort of rooftop light feature.

Yah ideally colour changing LEDs. I also think the roof of the arena need something around the perimeter
  • Nparker and jonny like this

#466 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Any updates regarding approval for the additional height of HP1?

#467 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

I don't think they have applied for this yet...

#468 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

The queue at City Hall for development permit applications is so long now that the DP has been pushed back. The current estimate for a public hearing is for some time in the fall.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#469 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

The queue at City Hall for development permit applications is so long now that the DP has been pushed back. The current estimate for a public hearing is for some time in the fall.

Perhaps if the city administration didn't have to deal with implementing plastic bag bans, persuading the provincial government to take away property owners' rights, drafting regulations to turn parked cars into residences, wading through hundreds of rezoning applications for illegal businesses and finding ways to ensure every other street is turned into a multi-lane bike path, they might just have time to expedite the development permit process.

• jonny, weisguy86, Daveyboy and 1 other like this

#470 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

The city has received the development permit (with variance) application for HP1

The City is considering a Development Permit with Variance application to construct a 29 storey mixed use building facing Herald Street

https://tender.victo...Number=DPV00045

• DavidSchell and Jackerbie like this

#471 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

July 31

Hudson-Place-One-1-July-31-2017.jpg

• 2F2R likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#472 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

Only 32 levels to go and it will be all done.  ;)

#473 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

The hoardings at the corner of Blanshard/Fisgard have been updated to indicate that "luxury" condominiums are coming and that good things are worth the wait. I hope this doesn't mean there will be a delay in getting this underway. Is it too soon to know if HP1 & HP2 will be built at the same time or phased like the Hudson Walk projects? I would assume the latter.

#474 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

Are updated renderings of the tower available?  I checked Development Tracker today and it looks like there have been no updates/attachments to the submission that was made in July.

#475 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

^ I think I saw some updated renderings in the windows of the old Smoken Bones when I drove past last weekend. I could be wrong, though, I wasn't paying too much attention...

#476 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

We're unlikely to see anything until Townline has had a chance to review and respond to the City's feedback regarding their updated DP application.

The feedback they may have received could push the tower below their desired 29-storeys, hence why only the lower floors have been officially revealed to-date.

Know it all.

#477 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

We're unlikely to see anything until Townline has had a chance to review and respond to the City's feedback regarding their updated DP application.

The feedback they may have received could push the tower below their desired 29-storeys, hence why only the lower floors have been officially revealed to-date.

The developer tracker just got updated- here's a rendering from the official plans submitted to the city.

hudson1.JPG

• Mike K., Nparker, 2F2R and 3 others like this

#478 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

It really bugs me when renderings show buildings dressed up in shrubs and other greenery. Is the HBC building a beauty because of all the vegetation that was worked into the design?

• Nparker likes this

#479 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

From what I can see, this proposal respects the forms of the original Hudson's Bay building while still being contemporary. My greatest fear is the height will get chopped off at the Council table and lose its appealing massing. If they need to see a change, I'd only suggest slightly more tapering towards the top.

HP slim.jpg

• 2F2R likes this

#480 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

My greatest fear is the height will get chopped off at the Council table and lose its appealing massing.

But the height is already approved, isn't it? Once the rezoning is granted the height is acceptable; even Madoff conceded this with Bayview and gave that one the thumbs up.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users