BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#81 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

I believe that is the plan. They are currently working on the Hudson Place towers.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#82 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

With Hudson Walk II now well under way, might we see an announcement regarding the next phase of Hudson Place? Townline's website is still just showing this.

HP.JPG

#83 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:39 AM

With Hudson Walk II now well under way, might we see an announcement regarding the next phase of Hudson Place? Townline's website is still just showing this.

I was told my one of the crew that once HW2 reaches half its height prep work will begin on HP.

#84 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Hudson-District-Hudson-Place-2016-Citified.jpg

Construction of Victoria's tallest building to start in 2017

http://victoria.citi...-start-in-2017/

The decade long build-out of downtown Victoria's Hudson District will culminate in 2019 with southern Vancouver Island's tallest building, according to information provided to Citified by Richmond-based developer Townline.

With approvals secured for a 24-storey residential tower rising 72 meters above the 700-block of Herald Street and an accompanying 17-storey residential highrise fronting the 1700-block of Blanshard Street, Townline is preparing to build what will become the final piece of its multi-phased commercial and residential district bordered by Caledonia Avenue and Douglas, Fisgard and Blanshard streets.

However, changes to the final phase of the project, originally approved some ten years ago and marketed most recently as Hudson Place, will appear before City Hall this fall as the company moves to secure development permits. [Full article]

• Nparker, 2F2R, jonny and 2 others like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#85 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

Any thoughts as to what changes Townline is proposing here?

#86 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

I honestly haven't the foggiest clue about the changes they will be introducing.

More info will be available soon, but it's good to know what their timelines are.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#87 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

All I ask is that the tall tower does not resemble the building on Fisgard or the one just completed on Caledonia. Nothing against those buildings, they look fine, but the tower should be distinguished in my opinion. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have a more interesting shape and some colour and some sort of finish on the top. I'm not asking for anything goofy-tastic here. Just a sharp tower like Promontory or the Falls' tower or something in that class.

• Nparker and jonny like this

#88 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

My fear is it will become a rental building and the design will be watered down as such.

#89 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:33 PM

How about something like that Hilton that was supposed to be built in Nanaimo (without the big wide podium, of course)?

Nanaimo Hilton.PNG

• Dr. Barillas likes this

#90 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

I believe the taller tower will include market housing, not rentals (or not all rentals). Although I can't confirm if two towers are still part of the plan (I bet they are) the designs we'll have to wait for, but glimpses of documents I had seen indicating showed design work of a calibre higher than Hudson Walk One or Two which are great but fairly nondescript.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#91 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

Were you hiding under a table or something?

• Mike K. likes this

#92 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

They had some partial visuals on their website for a very short time. I think they may have been posted to one of the other Hudson threads but I can't find them. Maybe they were posted there, or online linked and are now gone.

Know it all.

#93 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Was this one of the older renderings?

Edit: To answer my own question, yes. Wait, according to Mike, no....

Capture.PNG

Edited by jonny, 28 July 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#94 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

From Page #1 of this thread (thanks Rob Randall).

Capture.PNG

#95 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

There were other renderings released, but they only depicted small portions of the overall design of the tower(s).

The black and white rendering is the one that we thought originated from Townline's Pandora lot when they proposed a project on the site of 1515 Douglas that was strikingly similar.

• jonny likes this

Know it all.

#96 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

Townline used to have some rough pictures on their website, but those seem to be gone now.

Anyway, pretty exciting with what's going in at 1515 Douglas and 750 Pandora. Hudson Mews 2 is going to be one of the best damn looking junior high rises around. If Hudson Place ends up with at least that level of architectural quality, I think I'll be pleased. 

• DavidSchell likes this

#97 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

I just don't want to hear that a bunch of floors are being lopped off the taller tower "to save money". Ugh.

#98 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

That would be unfortunate, to see a project that went to all the trouble to secure the rezoning for a 24-storey tower lop it down to ~20-storeys.

But so far we've seen the opposite from Townline. They've opted to go for 15- and 16-storey towers in lieu of their originally planned ~7-storey buildings on the site of Hudson Walk, so who knows.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#99 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

This seems an opportunity to extend downtown core north a little bit. I do hope that the vision doesn't get watered down by bland or repetitive design, or loss of floors.

• Nparker likes this

#100 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

I wonder how many units Townline retained in the original Hudson? I had heard that there were many suites unsold after completion, so Townline retained these and rented them out...

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users