Photo

Parking issues and discussion (City of Victoria & Greater Victoria)

• Please log in to reply
5619 replies to this topic

#3301 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

This means that to get to your 8AM job, you’re hopping a bus at 6AM or 6:30AM.

And it’s this attitude that WILL eventually result in offices opening up on the Westshore in lieu of downtown or moving to the Westshore from downtown. That shift is coming.

There should be offices opening up out there, and there should be (and is) momentum to improve transit, because those are real solutions.  

The fact is, substantially all of the population of the CoV can walk to downtown from their residence within the same timeframe.  

Ah..not if you have your way.  You'll be driving / busing / skateboarding / cycling to the Westshore for work.

#3302 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:53 AM

The Hermann's building is for sale, $3M.  Great time to expand the View St. parkade.

screenshot-www.google.ca-2017-10-24-06-56-14-876.png

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 24 October 2017 - 05:56 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3303 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

The Hermann's building is for sale, $3M.  Great time to expand the View St. parkade.

You would also need the property between Hermann's and the parkade.

#3304 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

Yes let's close the daycare that operates in the building so 60 more people can park.

• Coreyburger likes this

#3305 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:19 AM

Yes let's close the daycare that operates in the building so 60 more people can park.

The daycare can be in the bottom of my new parkade.  With excellent, long-term lease terms and state-of-the-art facilities, including a focus on digital learning.  Win-win!  

Today, with the stroke of a pen, I've provided parking for the engine of our economy, small business, and I've secured futures for our most vulnerable - and most valuable.  Our kids.  Our future.

~  VHF for Mayor

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 24 October 2017 - 06:28 AM.

• lanforod likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3306 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

You would also need the property between Hermann's and the parkade.

Nobody said it would be easy.  But you miss 100% of the shots you don't take -  Wayne Gretzky  ~  Micheal Scott.

you_miss_100_percent_shots_michaelscott-

• Matt R. likes this

#3307 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Oh you couldn't be elected mayor.  47K+ posts plus your social media history.  Easiest run to kibosh ever.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#3308 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:32 AM

Oh you couldn't be elected mayor.  47K+ posts plus your social media history.  Easiest run to kibosh ever.

I know, no plans to.  I'm more of a back room operative.

#3309 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:38 AM

Today, with the stroke of a pen, I've provided parking for the engine of our economy, small business, and I've secured futures for our most vulnerable - and most valuable.  Our kids.  Our future.

~  VHF for Mayor

I thought you were running Lisa's campaign.   :huh:

• VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

#3310 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

The daycare can be in the bottom of my new parkade.  With excellent, long-term lease terms and state-of-the-art facilities, including a focus on digital learning.  Win-win!  

~  VHF for Mayor

"My opponent wants to build a parkade over a daycare - where your kids will be exposed to toxic car exhaust all day long" -  any other mayoral candidate

• VicHockeyFan and nerka like this

#3311 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

"hot exhaust rises, just like the hot air from my opponents" - VHF

• aastra, Nparker, sebberry and 1 other like this

#3312 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

"My opponent wants to build a parkade over a daycare - where your kids will be exposed to toxic car exhaust all day long" -  any other mayoral candidate

My opponent says all our children are weak.  That they should be shielded from an urban environment, that they can't grow as individuals here, that they should not be immersed in the critical world of high tech at a young age. 

To that I say, no, our children are strong.  Our children are the hope for our bright future, guided through tolerance, creativity, diversity, and strong compassion.  Our children will lead this city, this province, this country one day. 

Don't let my opponent take your children away, and commit them to a very uncertain future.

The children deserve this facility!

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 24 October 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#3313 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:32 AM

The solution is obvious, put the kids to work washing cars. Win win. 

• Mike K., VicHockeyFan, rjag and 1 other like this

#3314 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,454 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

"My opponent wants to build a parkade over a daycare - where your kids will be exposed to toxic car exhaust all day long" - any other mayoral candidate

“But they’re next to a parkade right now, with an open air play area adjacent to its second floor in an old building that was never suited for a daycare to begin with.” - the one mayoral candidate wondering if a loss of vision collectively affects his or her’s challengers.

;)
  • VicHockeyFan and sebberry like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3315 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

The solution is obvious, put the kids to work washing cars. Win win. 

I don't want amateurs washing my car.

• rjag likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3316 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

Barring a terror attack or earthquake, the parking structure will be in place 100 years.  You have to be more forward thinking than this.  Everything will be electric or nuclear powered by then.  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3317 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

Nice to know you contribute to the local economy by taking your car to professional detailers every 2 weeks! 

• VicHockeyFan and tjv like this

#3318 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,454 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

I take mine every other day! You sign up on a plan with unlimited visits to a detailer for a steam clean and you pop in every day if you want to. And you pay for it, so it’s all good.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3319 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

I thought all the moderators got to use Mike's plan.

#3320 Kach

Kach

SteveK

• 277 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

Really?  name some please that don't have any similarities to others found elsewhere in the CRD.  The best restaurants in Greater Victoria aren't even in  the CoV as an example.

"Hey Sweetie, date night....let's head out to Colwood for dinner"  said no one ever.

• tedward likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users