• Please log in to reply
7141 replies to this topic

#2321 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

There's a motorcycle crash at Gorge/Harriet causing traffic delays and bus detours.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2322 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

And now it's clear.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2323 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Sounds like a crash on the TCH at Portage Inlet, northbound.

#2324 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

Pat Bay southbound closed at Vanalman.

#2325 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

Dead deer.

#2326 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

CFAX says Saanich had to nuke it.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2327 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

OK almost dead deer.

#2328 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

No blankets or kibble on hand?
  • sebberry likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2329 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

Not in Saanich. Only Oak Bay deer get palliative care...

• Mike K., sebberry and jonny like this

#2330 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

No blankets or kibble on hand?

Would you want kibble for your last meal?

#2331 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

Probably better than twigs and gardenias? I dunno.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2332 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

Not in Saanich. Only Oak Bay deer get palliative care...

Palliative care? I thought that was the secondary reason cars come equipped with tire irons.

#2333 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Edited by HB, 21 November 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#2334 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

^ Ya, I can see you getting a talking to at least.  Maybe they don't want the public deciding what condition the animal is in.

Crash between bike and car at Pat Bay and McTavish this afternoon, seems very serious, possible fatality.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2335 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

Edited by HB, 21 November 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#2336 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

The cyclist struck on the Pat Bay has died. Police have not yet identified the individual, although they believe him to have been in his 50's or 60's.

It is believed he veered into the path of a vehicle traveling in the same direction he was.

Know it all.

#2337 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

There was  abike hot by a car on teh Colwood strip this morning at around 7am . The bike whipped past me down the hill at a high rate of speed in the bike lane and it looks like someone pulled into the Serious coffee lot

Soem bicyclists have no common sense at all and when a car knocks some into them they get all pissy like its always the cars fault

Maybe your description is unclear, but if the bike was in the bike lane, and the accident was caused by someone turning into the parking lot without checking the bike lane, aren't you describing something that is in fact explicitly the car's fault?

#2338 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

If he was moving much faster than traffic it would be very, very difficult for a driver to not only see him approaching but to gauge his speed. Cyclists shouldn't plow past backed up traffic at an intersection, that's how these sorts of accidents occur.

Know it all.

#2339 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

There was  abike hot by a car on teh Colwood strip this morning at around 7am . The bike whipped past me down the hill at a high rate of speed in the bike lane and it looks like someone pulled into the Serious coffee lot

The speed limit reduction guys want speed limits reduced so that cars travel at speeds closer to that of cyclists.  It sounds like the cyclist in this case was travelling considerably faster than the cars.  We've all seen cyclists and pedestrians act pretty unpredictably, so it's quite possible that one could appear in your path at some point between you checking and then making your turn. 

#2340 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

If he was moving much faster than traffic it would be very, very difficult for a driver to not only see him approaching but to gauge his speed. Cyclists shouldn't plow past backed up traffic at an intersection, that's how these sorts of accidents occur.

Another reason I'd like to see it mandatory for cyclists to use lights, at least at the front of the bike, during the day. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)