• Please log in to reply
7137 replies to this topic

#5241 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

There is no rear footage.

Carry on thanks for stopping by.

I think I told you last time to get a rear view camera.

#5242 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

A broken signal turned more dangerous than necessary in Oak Bay.

Oak Bay Police Const. Sheri Lucas happened to stop for coffee and note the red light flashing at Elgin Road and Oak Bay Avenue recently.

It wasn’t so much that the light was broken, it’s not normally a flashing red, but more that vehicles streamed through as though it were green.

“I was literally parked on the yellow curb feet from the light and they were still going through it,” Lucas said.

Officers issued 38 warnings in just under three hours spread out over the two days the light was down.

http://www.vicnews.c...-light-runners/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5243 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

^That's because the traffic enforcement priorities are all wrong in this province. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5244 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

A classic tale of Victoria drivers. One little change to one's driving routine and all of the sudden there's chaos.

#5245 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

I think I told you last time to get a rear view camera.

Until i start seeing your signatures on my paycheck I will be doing nothing of the sort

#5246 TallGuy

TallGuy
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

Even as a three-way intersection (which should be what's happening there), traffic flow is so much better now. There isn't enough traffic from Elgin to justify a traffic light there, but a stop sign alone would make turning left onto Oak Bay a lengthy wait at times.

Ideally it should be a roundabout but there probably isn't room for one nor is one suitable for the Oak Bay demographic.

#5247 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Until i start seeing your signatures on my paycheck I will be doing nothing of the sort

Until we have both sides of the story from both ends of the car, don't shoot us down for shooting you down based on half the story.  :)

• North Shore and shoeflack like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#5248 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

Preferably four way cam or VR.

#5249 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

An overhead angle from a UAV would also be good. Ideally HB would be tailed by one wherever he goes.

#5250 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

That would solve a lot of questions on here. Top of my list, how he gets to some of the places he does.

#5251 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

Wow the Best Before Date has long expired on that video but its still on someplace minds no need to post a new one

#5252 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

I thought of you today, HB.  On Blanshard today I slowed down a touch to allow not one but two vehicles move into the lane in front of me.  It was strangely satisfying to help someone else get to where they're going safely. 

• Jill, nagel, Awaiting Juno and 1 other like this

#5253 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

yes I agree were they speeding and passing multiple vehicles without a care in the world or without looking to see if there was 18 wheel of instant death headed their way?.....no you say?

oh thats what i thought you would say..  but you did arrive alive to make this post.

Good for you !!! give your self a pat on the back.... for thinking about me...I miss you too

#5254 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

An overhead angle from a UAV would also be good. Ideally HB would be tailed by one wherever he goes.

How about one of those roof mounted google cameras.

#5255 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

This is 2017 HB.

#5256 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

It's really kind of disgusting that someone who ACTUALLY asked people to critic him is now playing the "victim" when someone, well... critics him. Self imposed victim much?
  • shoeflack likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#5257 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

yes I agree were they speeding and passing multiple vehicles without a care in the world or without looking to see if there was 18 wheel of instant death headed their way?.....no you say?

oh thats what i thought you would say.. but you did arrive alive to make this post.

Good for you !!! give your self a pat on the back.... for thinking about me...I miss you too

I think your video shows you were being pissy with your speeding up when you where being passed. There was NO NEED for you to slam on your breaks regardless of what was behind you... You just needed to not speed up because YOU thought you needed to prove a point.
  • sebberry, Jill and shoeflack like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#5258 kafkaesque

kafkaesque
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVic West

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

I really disappointed that no one has posted drone and/or satellite footage of the Subaru incident.  :badpc:

• sdwright.vic likes this

#5259 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

I think your video shows you were being pissy with your speeding up when you where being passed. There was NO NEED for you to slam on your breaks regardless of what was behind you... You just needed to not speed up because YOU thought you needed to prove a point.

Please take me off your  favorites list..I am concerned about your obsession with my posts. Its for your own good.

#5260 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

Now I will sit back and watch .........

• sdwright.vic likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users