1550 | Saanich | 1550 Cedar Hill X Rd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

I'd gone past this place next to Saanich Rentals over & over & finally checked it out a few days ago. They have a pretty straightforward pub-style menu like sandwiches, burgers, etc but it was really good, and fairly cheap also. I liked my beef dip & the people I was with really liked what they got. check it out :) the only thing that seemed to be missing was a reuben. they had a beef dip, monte cristo, clubhouse, philly cheese, but no reuben. that seemed a bit strange. :confused: i bet their burgers are good though

#2 kenjh

kenjh
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

been here several times ,service can be slow ,other times exellent..food varies as well generaly good to great..just never the same twice..but good enough to be going back ,never really had any bad food or service,, but then I drink coffee to excess..

#3 Darren14

Darren14
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

By far the best wings in town! One of my fav places in Vic for sure.

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

It got a very good review in the Times Colonist in 2010. We like it and go there often, the portions are big, the price is reasonable and the menu is big. Pub-style restaurant the whole family can go to. Pretty popular as the only similar joints in Gordon Head are Maude Hunter's pub and Original Joe's restaurant. 

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#5 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

I got to know Keith (1550's owner/proprietor) when I worked next door at Coast Capital Savings' IT group - great guy, I still see him in the gym. Each Christmas season he'd give over one morning and let the CCS IT management team take over the kitchen and serve our staff a Christmas breakfast.

#6 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Like the wings. Had the worst burger I've ever had in town though when I was there a few months ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users