[Langford] Kettle Creek Station | U/C

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

I just drove through the development and it was super busy with tradesmen. The areas that are somewhat complete look tidy and organized. I hope there is a park in the plans for kids to play.

This looks to be the kind of development for people that do not want to live in a condo, but do not want the monster house.

#42 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

I was going to go take a look too. I think it's a great little concept from what I have seen on the website. In fact, my only gripe has to do with the city of Langford, not KCS.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#43 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

The Developer has been very accommodating to customize homes to people’s needs.
Dana.

That's refreshing considering all the horror stories you hear about condos not being built as the customer expected, etc...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#44 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

I have now been to KCS. I had to visit a client there in his new home.

The development is coming along quite nicely and his house is quite nice too. He said that the developer was fairly accommodating of his changes. Quality of construction seems good and he hasn't had any problems that weren't minor and repaired quickly. He said it is very quiet there at night.

More and more I am disliking condo life and would like to move to a place like KCS, but I'm still stuck on the ridiculous garage and parking rules.

#45 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Looking South at KCS

#46 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

What is the status of this development?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#47 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

What is the status of this development?

Still hideous! :D

#48 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

No kidding!
Stencil some Logos on those rail cars and head them down the track. (but don't forget to tear down the carports first)!

#49 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

It's really not a bad little development. Where else will you find a $300,000 house around here?

#50 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

The current bottom price is $340K, this is only for the smallest ones, realistically the typical price the development is more like $390K. There about about 25 houses available in this region for under $400K not part of this development, so they are priced at the bottom of the end, but they are not wildly lower priced than the bottom end of the market

#51 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

We drove up there yesterday and saw that the lowest priced homes are going for $290k now.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#52 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

It's not hard to see why..

It doesn't even come with a front door :o
I think you have to crawl in through the window.. :P

http://www.kettlecre...ation.com/Coach

#53 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

If only the development allotted you with as much green space as what that photoshopped file shows.

Know it all.

#54 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

If only the development allotted you with as much green space as what that photoshopped file shows.

The house has no doors. You can't possibly take anything in the photo seriously. :P

I wonder if KCS has a "lawnmower share co-op"... Where will you store your lawnmower? Would you buy a lawnmower to cut 10 sq-ft of grass?

#55 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

there is a door on the left side of that house

#56 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

there is a door on the left side of that house

Oh that thing, I thought it was a mail slot :P

#57 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

If you wish to put a smaller house on a bigger lot, you can. When I was looking at getting one made I needed more space than the alloted plot for that design, so for an extra $10,000 I could get a bigger lot.

#58 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

No bus service to Kettle Creek for at least two years due to funding. Just got that from the KC newsletter. Am I going to be a Kettler or a Creeker when I move there? Maybe a Chipper.

#59 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

If the LRT goes ahead, there is no real hope of any bus service expansion in the region for at least 15 years because of the large new and unfunded operational deficit from the LRT. As it stands, BC Transit will have to reduce existing bus service in the region beyond what will be replaced by the LRT to make ends meet even if they get a 10% boost in property taxes

#60 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Bullocks

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users