Browns Social House and Browns Crafthouse locations in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

That's good to hear. I too am a sucker for good Thai food.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#22 zoeyboy

zoeyboy
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

They have awesome ceasars! They put horseradish in them, which makes them so scrumptious.

#23 VicBooster

VicBooster
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

With some trepidation, since I am a huge fan of Thai food and have probably eaten at any Thai establishment in this town worthy of the name, I ordered the chicken/shrimp pad thai. I asked for it to be jazzed up since the server advised it normally came out of the kitchen somewhat 'on the tame side'. In a word it was excellent. I would order it again in a heartbeat, as would Mrs ASE and the Thai chicken soup she requested, which was also delicious. No complaints.

My recent experience with the pad thai dish (I tried it after your review) was the exact opposite.

two bites in and I returned it. The chicken tasted odd, the bottom of the dish was watery and the familiar pad thai taste just wasn't there. It was evident that whoever made the dish had no basis for the right mixture of ingredients to make decent pad thai.

#24 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Every time I walk by this place they are pumping out the most gawd-awful 80's music. I mean, Johnny Cash? Really? You couldn't pay me to go in there.
Pieta VanDyke

#25 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

^Yeah, that Johnny Cash--appreciated by critics as well as teens, seniors and everyone in between. What were they thinking?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

^ I sort of agree, who doesn't like Johnny Cash?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#27 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Everyone loves Johnny Cash and no one seems to like Browns social club, these are two seemingly universal truths.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#28 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

When did Johnny Cash become 80s music?

#29 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Pretty sure there's already a abrown's thread.

#30 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Everyone loves Johnny Cash and no one seems to like Browns social club, these are two seemingly universal truths.

Don't know about that. Place seems to have pretty good business and the food is as good as any of its Sysco competition around town.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#31 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,590 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Don't know about that. Place seems to have pretty good business and the food is as good as any of its Sysco competition around town.

Agree with this; I am in Vancouver frequently for business and typically stay in Kits near the Brown's on Broadway. Place is always packed and oddly enough if I am in the mood for "Thai" but find myself at Brown's at the invitation of friends either in Vancouver or here, it is one of the only 'non Thai' establishments I will happily order pad thai from. Given it obviously doesn't specialize in it they actually serve up a decent variant of that Thai staple.

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

50% OFF at Browns from Groupon.

http://www.groupon.c...-house-victoria
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#33 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Pretty sure there's already a abrown's thread.

http://www.vibrantvi...ouglas-st-4577/

#34 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Browns Social House Langford is Opening on April 22 here are some interior photos.

#35 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Looks good. Admit I haven't been in the downtown one before... but looking at the menu it's a little pricey! These downtown places have some different kinds of competition in the west shore so we'll see how it goes for them.

#36 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

They are really no more expensive then Moxies, Milestone, Earls etc all really. And the 4.00 social lager everyday a good deal.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#37 14 West

14 West
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Are those $4 social lagers any time of the day?  If so, Why did I not know about this before!!!

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

Are those $4 social lagers any time of the day?  

Drink prices can not move up or down in the course of a day, so yes, they are in effect from opening to closing.

We’ve got $4 Drinks!

Everyday, all day we are featuring our Social Lager, Social Red and White Wine glass, and Social Soda for only $4. Also don’t miss out on all our other great daily drink specials and other deals like $9 Pizzas on Sundays and Mondays, as well as, everyday Wings and Dry Ribs for $6 (3-6pm daily).

• Matt R. likes this

#39 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,590 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Have to admit I am a fan; have been downtown occasionally and more frequently at the one in Kitsilano since I am in YVR very often for business. One aspect I like especially is that I find its one of the very few outlets where I can order pad thai (and I readily admit I am addicted to Thai food) that, for a restaurant that does not specialize in Thai cooking, is actually very good. I also like the fact they tend to be smaller and more intimate settings which permit conversation without having to send smoke signals to the person sitting across from you in order to be understood. There are 1 or 2 very well known restaurants in d/t Victoria that although popular will never get my business for precisely that reason; if you are sitting directly across from me and I need to yell in order to make myself understood that is not a restaurant I want to patronize. Anyone know how many seats the Langford location will offer?

#40 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

The Uptown location is starting to take shape.

Crews are now installing an outdoor patio area at the northern end of Uptown Boulevard.

Browns-at-Uptown.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users