Latest VV Article

Pre-sale condo buying tips to save you money, time and disappointment

One of the things so many buyers enjoy most about pre-sale condo purchases is the anticipation. Unlike buying a completed home, a pre-sale purchase oftentimes affords a buyer more choice, additional time to save money for a down payment, and the thrill of watching a new home rise from the ground.

However, what is presented on paper or through computer generated visuals may not always be what the finished product will look like. And in some cases completed units may present surprises that some buyers will wish they had known about prior to settling on a specific unit. [Read more]

Photo

Janion Hotel Information & Input

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 nate

nate
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi all;

I'm beginning research for my architectural thesis entitled "Contemporary Heritage" and have decided to focus on the Janion Hotel as a candidate for my theoretical architectural project. It will involve the conservation and adaptation of the Janion, as well as the creation of a new public building/space to bring back vibrancy and connectivity between downtown and the upper harbour.

I'm not only looking for information on the Janion (specific historical info and documents are surprisingly difficult to come by), but am also interested in input on potential uses for an adjacent new building or public space.

Any info, thoughts, or input would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Nate

#2 gumgum

gumgum
  • 6,356 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

You might want to start here.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Nate, please feel free to pose additional questions in the thread gumgum linked to. This thread will be closed.

Skyscraper Source Media Inc.

July 15, 2014: [Mayor] Fortin told C-FAX's Bruce Williams that he expects the [Johnson Street Bridge] project to be completed "on time and on budget."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users