Latest VV Article

Condo Review: Union

Vancouver-based Anthem Properties has made its Victoria development debut with the Union, a two building lowrise condo project between the 500-blocks of Pandora Avenue and Fisgard Street in Old Town’s amenity rich Chinatown district. The Union property, left barren for nearly a decade after the failure of a previous condo development, is a stones throw from the Inner Harbour and literally at the nexus of a rapidly changing and increasingly desirable historic area. [Read more]

Photo

Victoria Inner Harbour Marriott Hotel (Humboldt Valley) deli/restaurant | Victoria | 728 Humboldt | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 18,227 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

Humboldt Valley hotel aims to tempt deli-food diners

Marriott Inner Harbour restaurant to be redesigned for quick eating

By Carla Wilson, Times Colonist June 17, 2010 3:03 AM

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour is planning to serve up something new in the downtown's Humboldt Valley.

Plans for a casual restaurant and deli are underway for the hotel at 728 Humboldt St. -- in part to serve residents of several nearby condominium towers, said manager Francis Mairet.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0r7iykxO5

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 16,121 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

I suppose the high-end small grocery store idea for the Parkside project up the street has fizzled out.

Skyscraper Source Media Inc.

#3 aastra

aastra
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

Too bad that they plan to get rid of the patio. So will there be no outdoor seating in the new version?

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 18,227 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

Too bad that they plan to get rid of the patio. So will there be no outdoor seating in the new version?

When you walk into the hotel, the restaurant is on the right, the lounge left. Each has a patio.

#5 aastra

aastra
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

Me confused. So will the patio on the corner there be eliminated or not?

http://maps.google.c...12,33.03,,0,1.8

#6 gumgum

gumgum
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

^There's only one patio in front of the lounge/ hotel. The kitchen backs onto the restaurant.

Had a chance to visit the Shangri La Urban Fare last week. What a rip. Less selection than a regular Safeway, at astronomically higher prices. I would steer clear of using that model. High end fare, fine. As along as it's not just the same marked-up crap you can get anywhere else.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 16,121 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Urban Fare is an expensive Save-on-Foods (they're both run by Pattison)

Skyscraper Source Media Inc.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 18,227 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Me confused. So will the patio on the corner there be eliminated or not?

http://maps.google.c...12,33.03,,0,1.8

Me confused too. I'm usually drunk when I go there, I thought that as you enter that on the left was a seperate lounge from the restaurant. I'll go check it out tonight.

#9 gumgum

gumgum
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

^There is a separate lounge.

You enter the restaurant from the lobby of the hotel. On your right is the restaurant and behind that is the kitchen. On your left is the lounge and then the patio.
Alternatively, if you're standing outside - facing the restaurant - first is the patio, then inside is the lounge, then the restaurant, then the kitchen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users