Photo

[downtown Victoria] Hoy Sun Ning Yung Building, Fan Tan Alley | Rentals | Renovation

Rental Heritage

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

From the link pics, they look pretty institutional. But I guess the plumbing works and they aren't grotty.

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:11 PM

I liked the floors. The south facing units that had to keep heritage style windows featured very nice Pella windows, single or double hung that were nicely close to the floor. All the patio doors were also good quality hinged double doors with multiple locking points. No cheap sliders. Ceiling height varied all over the place from under 8' in some parts of lower units to 10' in the nicest top floor suites.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

No lie, the man knows his windows.

I can't believe this thread regarding a relatively minor project is over five years old.

#44 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

I took extensive photos inside these 3 building before they were gutted. I now have some recent shots for before and after comparison

Unit 205 3 brick arches and balcony over fan tan alley

The unit itself is boring but the draw will be the private balcony overFantan alley.

Unit 303

In my opinion the nicest units are the ones facing Pandora the exception being the 4th floor.

The Pandora side get lots and lots of sunlight. Everything else gets day light only.

The 4th floor facing Pandora gets lots of sunlight but has a view of the back of the brick facade. OK I suppose 1 2 and 3 get street views.

I like what they have done inside.

I did see something odd in that the water tank in some units is located in a small closet in the bedroom but I guess that's how you do it when space is limited.

Before

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Ive got dozens of before pictures not sure what people want to see but this is a sample

http://youtu.be/f0QtfLhwF58

• Mike K. and D.L. like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users